It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: Hillary Clinton Whipping Up 'Neo-McCarthyist Hysteria' To Suppress The 1st Amendment

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In his continuing efforts to expose phonies and alt-historians, Julian Assange is saying the Democrat/Clinton agenda is trying to steer peoples' thinking away from Hillary's own failures and proven liarship status.

The latest is something called "Neo-McCarthyist", and of course "blame the Russians".

And all this is actually an attempt to set up restrictions on the 1st Amendment and freedom of speech, especially when politicians and idealisms get exposed as corrupt.

Assange: Hillary Clinton Whipping Up 'Neo-McCarthyist Hysteria' To Suppress The 1st Amendment

Julian Assange, the fugitive founder of WikiLeaks, is accusing Hillary Clinton and her presidential campaign of "trying to whip up a neo-McCarthyist hysteria" in an attempt to silence her political and media opposition. Assange made the accusation during his Thursday interview on The Sean Hannity Show.

In an earlier interview with The New York Times, Assange had accused the "American liberal press" of "erecting a demon that is going to put nooses around everyone’s necks as soon as she wins the election" by defending Clinton and failing to thoroughly cover the mountains of evidence of the Democratic nominee's corruption.

"The Democrats are always speaking about how terrible McCarthyism was, and it was in many ways," Assange told Hannity. "But at least the USSR actually existed then and there were actually Russian-influence campaigns which were serious. What we're seeing now is Hillary Clinton and her campaign trying to whip up a neo-McCarthyist hysteria."

Assange went on to say that Clinton's new McCarthyism is based around the spurious notion that her political opponents, both left and right, are all in league with Russia.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just putting this up before anyone gets the wrong idea. He is not saying Trump is a viable candidate either. He is simply saying what needed saying about the fact that Hilary's campaign is basically a request for votes from the most corrupt, least effective, least loyal member of the power elite that has graced the Capitol with her odious presence in living memory.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This goes along with the idea several Democrats had sometime back about "licensing" journalists and actually defining who was and was not considered a journalist.

I also agree with TrueBrit about Assange and Trump. The stated goal of Assange / wikileaks was to expose government corruption and in this one area Hillary Clinton fits that bill to a T.

I noticed some left wing media outlets have started to push the narrative that Assange is a frontman for Russia. They are trying to link the 2 prior to the next data dump, with prominent Democrats warning the next dump will contain Russian lies. Sounds like damage control via lying to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

This goes along with the idea several Democrats had sometime back about "licensing" journalists and actually defining who was and was not considered a journalist.

I also agree with TrueBrit about Assange and Trump. The stated goal of Assange / wikileaks was to expose government corruption and in this one area Hillary Clinton fits that bill to a T.

I noticed some left wing media outlets have started to push the narrative that Assange is a frontman for Russia. They are trying to link the 2 prior to the next data dump, with prominent Democrats warning the next dump will contain Russian lies. Sounds like damage control via lying to me.

She's like the cheating girlfriend who tells you not to believe anything your best friend says about her.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

"erecting a demon that is going to put nooses around everyone’s necks as soon as she wins the election"

Uh oh.. I thought he said he has information that will lead to her arrest, but then says as soon as she wins the election.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

"erecting a demon that is going to put nooses around everyone’s necks as soon as she wins the election"

Uh oh.. I thought he said he has information that will lead to her arrest, but then says as soon as she wins the election.

Yeah a little baffling it is.
But I will say this.....Assange is smart enough to know that the elections are rigged and at this point he could release video evidence of Clinton stealing the state owned Washington silverware from the Whitehouse and rolling up Vince Foster in one of the Lincoln rugs and the media would just ignore it.

Worse than that though the DOJ and the FBI head honcho are totally compromised and would just advise you not to do the same as there will be massive consequences but the grand demon gets a pass.........move along nothing to see here

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Nothing he's released so far has stopped Hillary's momentum

Guess he's trying a new/different tactic.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

In related news, Russia and The U.S. have reached a
breakthrough agreement today, John Kerry and Putin
made a deal.

ABC News Reporting
abcnews.go.com...

It does appear Assange is correct on this, the Russia Putin hysteria
has been useful for Clinton to use against Trump.

Even with this news, I expect Trump Putin hysteria to continue.

edit on 9-9-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That momentum is slowly being reversed. The damage is being done. Or , havent you been keeping up with the latest polls and news ? Seems like you have a lot vested in propagandizing for Clinton....
HRC , is that you ?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Bringing down the top tier people of the DNC was damaging to Clinton...
Exposing election fraud in the Democratic primary was damaging to Clinton...
Releasing emails showing Clinton and the Clinton Foundation were intertwined as secstate was damaging to Clinton.

Clinton has outspent Trump by almost 5 to 1 and she is behind in the national polls and is tied in the swing states of Florida and Ohio.

Clinton has lost momentum and continues to do so. I am curious what the next batch released will contain.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hillary is more afraid of Russia than ISIS.

I think it's because Russia has info on her, so if she taints the source, then anything coming out of Russia against her will be suspect.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

In related news, Russia and The U.S. have reached a
breakthrough agreement today, John Kerry and Putin
made a deal.

ABC News Reporting
abcnews.go.com...

It does appear Assange is correct on this, the Russia Putin hysteria
has been useful for Clinton to use against Trump.

Even with this news, I expect Trump Putin hysteria to continue.

Maybe a bit OT but I was thinking that Obama is using Trumps plan with Russia.

But it will give Hillary a dilemma. Is Russia bad or not, now that obama is/seems to be cooperating with them?

Trump can say, "see? I told you that's the way to go"

So we'll see where that leads.

Stay safe Julian.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That momentum is slowly being reversed. The damage is being done.
:

We'll see in the next couple months.

Trump gets more bizarre with pressure for FACTS.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

:

What do ya know... So does Clinton.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
While I do approve of the corruption being exposed, like Snowden why are they holding back information, if they have all this damaging evidence that can put a lot of people in jail why don't they release it for everyone to see and judge for themselves? You would think that they would release it all right away unless they are trying to blackmail people for MONEY. If they are what they claim to be, warriors for the average person to know about this criminal behavior, you would think they would release it all right away so that something can be done about it, I mean it's not like once it's released and say the government removed it from the internet, they can just republish it so that there are so many copies out there that it is impossible for the tyrants to hide from it. What have they got to gain by not publishing it? I mean if the purpose is to take down the corrupt system release it and take down the corrupt system.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I cant believe they said this but just today threated journalists for digging into a story about wikileaks possibly selectively not releasing document.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

:

Uh, NO.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

:

Uh, NO.

Lol is that a joke?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I really don't give much credence to anything this guy says anymore. Let's face it, he's holed up in Ecuador because he didn't want to face a rape charge in Sweden. The whole "US government wants to abduct me" nonsense is just smoke to me. He's a blowhard who set up a clearing house for hacked data.

Ever since Snowden showed up on the scene he seems to be desperate to stay relevant. Wikileaks is trundling along just nicely without him. If they do have some juicy data why not just release it already?

The other problem I have with him is this. If you truly want an open world with no secrets, why just focus on the US? What about China? Russia? The UK? Oh, that's right. Russia will get you killed if you do stuff like that. Easier to do the US.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

Let's face it, he's holed up in Ecuador because he didn't want to face a rape charge in Sweden. The whole "US government wants to abduct me" nonsense is just smoke to me. He's a blowhard who set up a clearing house for hacked data.

The Australian former computer hacker fears that from Sweden he could be extradited to the US over WikiLeaks’ release of 500,000 secret military files, where he could face a long prison sentence.

top topics

join