It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Effect Andromeda , First gameplay footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Details of Andromeda and the first video of the game in action have been revealed at the PlayStation 4 Pro reveal event , the game will feature a brother and sister as the male and female leads.
Video captured on the PlayStation Neo.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, game is looking pretty sweet. I got my 50 inch 4k and the detail is fantastic (when played at 4k res).

I wonder what G2 means. Galaxy 2..but is milky way G1, or is there a second ark going to a different galaxy (I guess we will know in about 10 years when this series is done.

Sadly I was hoping they would toggle 1st and 3rd person perspective (for VR headset consideration), but I guess not..unless its gonna be a 3rd person VR title..which isnt as good.

Thats a impressive structure he is running around in. reminds me of the prothean builds.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
way more visually impressive games already out.

another bug-riddled release most likely

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I never got into Mass Effect, but then I learned of some strange events surrounding the guys who created it, and where they got their storylines from, makes me want to go back and play them now.

Hint: Check out the scar on Mars.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
I never got into Mass Effect, but then I learned of some strange events surrounding the guys who created it, and where they got their storylines from, makes me want to go back and play them now.

Grr I hate when you do this.... Tell us! lol.. I looked up scar on mars but didn't see any correlations between it and this game(s).

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Oh man, I can't wait!

I played the HELL out of #1, #2, and even #3. Though #2 has most of my hours. Can't wait to get my little hands on Andromeda

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Insane graphics made of exceptional visual wizardy does not equal a great game. Most people who play Mass Effect are tied into the story, it could be made in an 8-bit engine and people would go nuts.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

another bug-riddled release most likely

Good point but Mass Effect was never about the Game, it was in the first episode but later they ditched most of the mini game's, it was more about being an interactive story or almost film like experience and it did it well with a good story if a bit too much on the rail's at time's with not enough freedom.
So even if there are potentially better this still has a massive market it will appeal to and probably will make many time's it's investment spawning multiple DLC's and a follow up or two as usual, I am interested as I have the other three though I hate EA/Origin with there petty DLC's and ripping off the player's whom have already paid for the game by releasing missing part's of it as expansion's later, part's they probably already made in some cases but then deliberately left out just for this very purpose or part's that should have been in the game when purchased.
Both they and Steam (who are currently being sued by British Telecom for patent infringement's on digital software distribution technology's) are forcing the gaming community down the Rent To Play path even for single player game's, a little at at time but that is there market strategy.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There was always something about the Mass Effect series that made me raise an eyebrow. Its such an in depth story about first contact and our introductiom into the galactic community which, tbh, makes a lot of sense in reality to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know. I'm a little worried about this one.

Watching it ... but we'll see.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Watched it on my 55" 4K tv. Wasn't exactly impressed. Can't wait for the textures to get a downgrade just like most games after tech release.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Seconded; got a link to something?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: boncho

Grr I hate when you do this.... Tell us! lol.. I looked up scar on mars but didn't see any correlations between it and this game(s).

Klendatu...I mean...Klendagon

Klendagon is an arid terrestrial, slightly larger than Earth, but with a lower density that reflects its relative lack of heavier elements. The crust is composed of tin and aluminum, with wide deserts of dust-fine sand that are easily stirred by the wind.

Klendagon's most striking feature is, of course, the Great Rift valley that stretches across the southern hemisphere. What is most fascinating about the Rift is that it does not appear to be natural. The geological record suggests it is the result of a "glancing blow" by a mass accelerator round of unimaginable destructive power. This occurred some thirty-seven million years ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible

Seconded; got a link to something?

Only what I just posted. The rest are deleted. But if you search into the history of the two original creators, why one turned into an alcoholic & who the other one ended up getting into business with, you might find some of the original posts. Wait...doubtful.

You might ask yourself 'hmmm' though...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Many thanks, mate.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

It will be 2k at best as the PS4 Pro can't handle playing games like this native at 4k.

The system is still too under-powered and they are relying on visual tricks rather than sheer brute graphical force. By tricks I mean they are utilizing a new type of up-scaling. Instead of a 2x2 pixel format, they are using a 4x4 pixel format which by all means looks better than 1080p, but not quite true 4k.

It's a shame for Sony as they had quite the opportunity here, but I feel it's gonna be a swing and a miss for them as the Xbone Scorpio will be rocking almost a 1/3 more teraflops.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Join the Andromeda Initiative , more to come 7th November.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Official cinematic reveal trailer for Andromeda has been released.

ETA Spring 2017 .... yeah Spring !

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Probably my favorite video game franchise. Really looking forward to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I burned the disks of all three of them up from playing them. Literally. The disks had burn marks in them I played them so much. Pretty sure I have over 2000+ hours invested into the Mass Effect universe
edit on 10-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join