It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential candidate Jill Stein to be charged for action at Standing Rock protest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Lysergic
fight to the death?

doubtful.

You don't think people have fought to the death against government? Wounded Knee is one example of many.

Lemme know when it happens again, all those guys in 1890 are long gone.

Oka
Six Nations & the Halimand Tract
James Bay
Tyendiaga, Ontario
Seneca vs New NY State

Do you perchance live under a rock?
edit on 7-9-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

How is that hundreds of protesters and a security team with mace and attack dogs breaking out in violence not headlining the news for the past few days? People were bitten. People were sprayed in the face with mace. Several security personnel were hurt. No police anywhere and all caught on camera... yet nothing from the nightly news. I've had CBS News playing all morning and not one mention of the protest.

To be blunt, it's because they don't care and they don't consider it an important issue.

This is the true power of the media. They can shape every single national conversation to get the population to love or hate whatever/whoever they choose. They can make a national outrage out of 3 people being taken hostage, or they can virtually ignore 100 million workers going on strike. I mean that literally. India just had another nationwide strike of more than 100 million workers & nobody here gives a crap. And this isn't even the first time that more than 100 million workers have gone on strike there (last year, an estimated 150 million went on strike).

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

How is that hundreds of protesters and a security team with mace and attack dogs breaking out in violence not headlining the news for the past few days? People were bitten. People were sprayed in the face with mace. Several security personnel were hurt. No police anywhere and all caught on camera... yet nothing from the nightly news. I've had CBS News playing all morning and not one mention of the protest.

To be blunt, it's because they don't care and they don't consider it an important issue.

This is the true power of the media. They can shape every single national conversation to get the population to love or hate whatever/whoever they choose. They can make a national outrage out of 3 people being taken hostage, or they can virtually ignore 100 million workers going on strike. I mean that literally. India just had another nationwide strike of more than 100 million workers & nobody here gives a crap. And this isn't even the first time that more than 100 million workers have gone on strike there (last year, an estimated 150 million went on strike).

Media does care about what sells... and Native Americans slugging it out with an oil company security team does sell. It's more than that. The media is ignoring this for many reasons, including how they portray the story when one half is the controlling elite and the other is a major voting bloc for their democrat-supported candidates. Where is Hillary?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, she was doing the right thing right up until she committed vandalism. This is not an act we can allow in a presidential candidate. (But then again HilLIARy commits all kinds of crimes and gets away with them . . . and no she did not commit treason).

But I'm willing to bet that the political machine isn't going to bail out Stein like it did Clinton.

Another reason I can't stand politics, too two-faced.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Thanks for your continued updates on this matter.

You said it best in your previous thread: Big gas and oil, major corporations, along with big government, control the propaganda machine - corporate media. To give this large scale important and historical issue (crisis) the attention it truly deserves goes against government and corporate interest. Same old song and dance. Edward Bernays is long dead, but his ghost still haunts this world...

The fact 'the Standing Rock Protest' is the largest gathering of Indigenous (First Nations people) in more than a century and hasn't been given the media coverage it deserves on America's major news networks at prime time, is appalling, yet not surprising.

Where are the voices of America's people of influence, the usual champion of causes, and the social activist concerning this matter? Those are the ones who are usually needed to (an often do) help bring attention to major issues such as this one when mainstream news fails to do so.

Good luck to my Native brothers and sisters at Standing Rock... we are with you!

Many Canadians I have spoken to are with the people of Standing Rock as well.

And thank you Jill Stein for showing your support.

Damn it, America! Why can't she become president?

Rhetorical question.
edit on 8-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it already, I expect they have, but I've only just read the post...but seriously, if she gets done over this and the witch that we all 'know and love' /sarc. gets away with all the murder, theft, selling your country out etc. (need I go on!), doesn't even get a bl##dy slap on the wrist...this world is SERIOUSLY F###ED!

God help us!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I'm not a fan of stein, but I do approve of this.

I'm still waiting for the other candidates to chime in on this.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Keep waiting, they don't give a #.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm not a fan of stein, but I do approve of this.

I'm still waiting for the other candidates to chime in on this.

They will not because it would be biting the hand that feeds them. I'm disappointed that the MSM isn't all over this, but it makes sense that same hand is feeding them too.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
will this headline fox/cnn news?
there's your msm coverup.
i guess a presidential candidate being arrested for standing up for their principles, isn't as interesting someones hair or jumpsuit.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
House Always Wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join