It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Love, With The Power Of 1000 Candles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The soul had traveled outside the body,
looking down it saw the lonely woman,
sitting in her velvet chair, wearing her favorite gown,
looking in the mirror and brushing her hair.

She had a look of mourning as tears wept from her sad eyes,
where had the love of her life gone, her soul mate had moved on,
never to be felt again, never to be held, kissed or hugged,
despondence and despair was all she felt now.

Helpless and hopeless, how could she go on, her heart was ripped,
her soul felt empty, the picture on the mantle, the old robe he used to wear,
the way he used to touch her that made her feel he cared. What she wouldn't do
for one more day, to feel that way, she took it all for granted every day.

He always told her that there would come a time when this would come to pass,
he warned her in his humorous way that he would haunt her from beyond,
that he could never leave her no matter what, she had to smile at that very thought if only
that were true. She would take any sign she could that his presence still existed.

As if on cue, the candle on the fireplace fell to the floor and she shuddered at the thump,
that was a candle he gave her for their anniversary that had never been lit, it was set in a
crystal holder that had magic powers he told her, all she had to do was light it and make a
wish. He was silly that way, he even convinced her he had psychic powers and could read
her mind on more than one occasion.

It was preposterous, but he had done it so many times, she had to laugh out loud at the
absurdity. Dare she light the candle tonight? Could she handle it with all her might?
The soul blew a kiss and she felt a breeze across her lips, but the window was closed so
where did that come from she wondered. Her feeble mind was playing tricks.

She rose from her chair and picked the candle up off the floor, a silver tint, that had a shiny
glint, she placed it back in the holder and remembered what he said, not tonight, she
thought, that wish would stay in her head for now. Memories would soothe her for the
moment. The way they met, their first date, that very first hug and embrace, the kiss to
follow and the magic night they shared, their first trip together and the day they married.

25 years of bliss had followed, it went by so fast, they had a blast, now it was all in the
past, gone, but not forgotten for now at least. The soul had made its presence known and
now it was time for the haunting to begin. It was all in fun, mischief from beyond, over to
the record player he would go, where the song he wanted to play was already there.

It was their song and she would not believe, with a soft touch he lifted the arm with the
needle at the end of it and placed it on the record, "My Love" started to play and she must
be dreaming it. They danced and cuddled as they swayed to the music, it was their
honeymoon in Hawaii and she could feel the breeze from the beach.

Then she opened her eyes and realized the record player had turned itself on and the
candle was lit, flickering in the shadows on the wall, was the silhouette of the man she
loved, she didn't have to wish it. The soul was up to the challenge and decided more was
in order. With the power of 1000 candles, the soul reached out and touched her face,
caressing it with a touch of grace, she felt the warmth and smiled.

"If this is your idea of haunting me, it is not working", she said, "I am not scared of you"
All he could do was smile back, you ain't seen nothing yet. He didn't want to scare her,
he only wanted to comfort her and so he would every day until she found her way, back to
the place where they could spend the rest of eternity playing their song, "My Love"!

edit on 9-7-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Another great writing

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thanks, my prose did not transfer the way the preview said though, that must have been the soul playing tricks on me!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Hey, that was great. The story and writing style seem to flow hand in hand, and carry the mood effortlessy.

S+F

But wait...'My Love'...come on, get a grip...lol

edit on 7-9-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Did it happen ? Did it happen "just" like that ?

You sure made it easy to say . . ."yes, yes it did ! "

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

When that song came out I was deeply in love with my childhood sweetheart and this was how I imagined our endless love to be, I meant to say my endless love in the story! Oh well you got the gist!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

In my heart and soul it did happen exactly this way! Thanks!

top topics

join