It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime Conservative Icon Phyllis Schlafly Dies at 92

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Multiple sources are confirming this.

She was 92.

Schlafly was a female conservative in a field where ladies didn't do that. It's hard to be a female conservative, you take a lot of flack for not leaning left, and she's been in the fight since the early '70s.

Schlafly founded the Eagle Forum in 1972, a pro-family conservative group focusing heavily on social issues — it has about 80,000 members and, as of this week, Schlafly was still president.

“Phyllis Schlafly spent an astounding 70 years in public service of her fellow Americans,” said the Eagle Forum in a statement. “Her focus from her earliest days until her final ones was protecting the family, which she understood as the building block of life. She recognized America as the greatest political embodiment of those values. From military superiority and defense to immigration and trade; from unborn life to the nuclear family and parenthood, Phyllis Schlafly was a courageous and articulate voice for common sense and traditional values.”

She stayed sharp right up til the end. We should all be so lucky.

RIP.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Back in college, I did some political work. The phone rang, as I tried to repeat the last name, I butchered the name "Schlafly". As I mispronounced her name, the campaign manager's eyes got real big as he rushed for the phone.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well that explains why the air smelled a little sweeter today.
It's times like these that makes me wish Hell truly existed.

K~

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

You rejoice in another person's death? Why?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

You rejoice in another person's death? Why?

Because the suffering they inflict on others will come to an end.

Schlafly & her ilk are despicable examples of humanity & the world is better off without them.

K~

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Any evidence of this?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

So no having ideas you don't like is inflicting suffering on you?

Anti-free speech much?

top topics

join