It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heckling and gunfire as police investigate shooting: 'We're just playing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Three gunshots cracked the air close to where police were investigating a West Englewood shooting early Friday.

“Run, b----, run!” a young shirtless man shouted as officers sprinted down an alley to check out the gunfire. Then, with mock concern, he added: “Hey, there’s somebody dead in the alley!”

There was no one dead in the alley. Police suspected the shots were a prank by a group of young men who had been heckling them for about an hour at the scene of a shooting that wounded a 22-year-old man in the 7100 block of South Paulina Street about 12:50 a.m.

Standing in a line not far from the crime scene tape, they had been alternately threatening and teasing the officers.

H eckling and gunfire as police investigate shooting: 'We’re just playing'

So, what do people in these neighborhoods want? They shoot each other, then they call the cops to have them restore order, and then they scream at them and and heckle them while they try to do their jobs. Chicago is a real mess right now.

I think this is a very interesting video, since all we see lately are videos of cops acting badly, and we never see the flip side of what they have to deal with on the streets on a daily basis.

It's a good thing I'm not a cop, I really don't think I have the patience to put up with this, I'd snap.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

right, ive seen a lot of videos in chicago and man those cops have restraint with the crap they deal with

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Atleast they weren't setting up an ambush for the cops... yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While I am not a big fan of the police in general...I recognize the complex job they have and the extreme decision that needed to be made on the spot. It is like poking a bull with a stick...you will soon get the horn...and rightfully so.

What these bums did was stupid, dangerous (to them and bystanders) and a wast of tax payers money.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
While I am not a big fan of the police in general...I recognize the complex job they have and the extreme decision that needed to be made on the spot. It is like poking a bull with a stick...you will soon get the horn...and rightfully so.

What these bums did was stupid, dangerous (to them and bystanders) and a wast of tax payers money.

Cheers

If the cops shot back there would have been a much different spin on this story.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I see from that same link one man is dead and another wounded in a drive by shooting at West Lawn I think it's called.

One car shot into another vehicle, and that vehicle then crashed. Locals are calling for the National Guard.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt

Cheers

Not to mention the impact on the community as a whole. While these cops were pulled off their patrol to respond, only to find themselves the butt of some asinine joke...who was filling in for them? How many successful crimes were committed while they were out there babysitting these fools, that could have been stopped if they'd been allowed to just do their damn job?

They tried anything and everything to provoke those cops into using force, and it didn't work. The officers remained calm and professional. They did everything right.

But why do something so reckless in the first place; why take such a risk by intentionally provoking the police? Any one of them could be on the receiving end of it...and you can't un-shoot a bullet. Watching them, it's almost like they know that nothing bad is going to happen to them. They're smug, confident, at ease.

I found it interesting that one of the boys allegedly threw "Black lives matter" in there at the end, all convenient-like. Reminds me of how every one of those reportedly unrelated lone gunmen/terroristic incidents this summer each had just one witness who came forward and alleged that the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar" right before the violence began. Just one unnamed witness.

If I were the cynical type, might think perhaps these misguided young fools were put up to this by someone else. I would also watch very closely for another incident to follow, to see if it happens again, indicating a pattern.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This doesn't just happen in Chicago, it happens all over the country.

I have experienced it too many times to count.

The first couple of years as a new officer it was funny to me and I just smiled.

After a few years it starts to get to you.

While it happens more so in low income/high crime neighborhoods, it occurs everywhere.

I can't tell you how many times I was flicked off by some random person driving or walking by.

I can't tell you how many times people uttered insults under their breath as I walked by.

All of the dirty looks and angry stares, gets old real quick.

Then you go online in an attempt to "escape" it and you are greeted with more insults.

Then you turn on the news and there is more negative.

Day in and day out, over and over.

One of the worst career decisions I have ever made.

edit on 1-9-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

They were responding to an actual shooting, not a faked one. This all happened while they were busy investigating the shooting. If it was just a prank that would be one thing, but these officers responded to a legitimate crime, and these fools are mocking them for it and trying to distract them from doing their actual work. Just so ignorant.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

yea, if the cops caught the heckling shooter, first thing out of his mouth would have been i didn't do nufin.then claimed police brutality sayin ____ the police.

if the heckler resisted and pulled a gun, and they shot and killed him. there would have been riots claiming they shot a innocent man, one that fired three gunshots indiscriminately, not caring where or who the shots might have hit.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

What can you say about the parents who raise individuals who act this way?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Are people really that disrespectful all the time...wow, i thought there would be a little i had no idea it was as rampant.....

Although i have lost respect for police after some experiences i would never ever consider being rude when dealing with them and or mutter under my breath as i walked past.....i save that behavior for the parking patrol because those guys really suck .....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It is very rampant.

Nowadays, more so than ever.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.....you guys are under enough stress as it is to have deal with more of it no wonder there are some losing the plot

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I'm not sure these thugs have parents. It's kids raising kids in a lot of these neighborhoods, no real adults at all.

top topics

join