It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bison Spooked At Yellowstone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Not saying this is anything bad, just reporting what I found for discussions. I have no clue if they are coming or going. So what do you think provoked this sudden exodus from where they were?

My impression? I see them running away from the more active area (or is that a fire?) and they are used to things there. So what spooked them this time?

Not saying it isn't the fires either. I have no clue and will ask the video author.

...snipped...

edit on 1-9-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 1 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: foreign language quote removed

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Anymore on this?

I'm no Bison expert but I don't think they look spooked, a good portion don't even move.

EDIT

Looking again I see multiple "small" animals running around to the right, they look too fast to be calves so maybe dogs or wolves?
edit on 1-9-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

Nah, they look like calves, my bad... Damn they're fast.
edit on 1-9-2016 by RAY1990 because: better look

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

What makes you think they were spooked?

Some of them were running around, in both directions. Looked to me more like they were playing with the young ones. But most were just standing around.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
maybe the truck at the tree line? or at least what appears to be a vehicle

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There's been a bunch of videos posted from the webcam at the park, showing UFOs and other strange lights. 2 guys being carted away by cops a week or two ago. Then you have a farm not far away with a giant crack in it, the ground literally fell away, like in a disaster movie.

On the comments of one of those stories, a woman was saying how she rushed her daughter to hospital. The kid almost died from CO poisoning. Its okay for visitors but residents I guess are being exposed to dangerous levels.

Seems like something is going on there, worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Anymore on this?

I'm no Bison expert but I don't think they look spooked, a good portion don't even move.

EDIT

Looking again I see multiple "small" animals running around to the right, they look too fast to be calves so maybe dogs or wolves?

I am leaning towards fire. They all were moving pretty quickly until they reached a certain point where perhaps they felt safer. I am awaiting an answer.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
There's been a bunch of videos posted from the webcam at the park, showing UFOs and other strange lights. 2 guys being carted away by cops a week or two ago. Then you have a farm not far away with a giant crack in it, the ground literally fell away, like in a disaster movie.

On the comments of one of those stories, a woman was saying how she rushed her daughter to hospital. The kid almost died from CO poisoning. Its okay for visitors but residents I guess are being exposed to dangerous levels.

Seems like something is going on there, worth keeping an eye on.

I reported on this lady in another topic here. My feelings are this was the affects of fire and YS emissions combined. Wait you said, daughter, you certain it wasn't a grandson? If not, this makes #2 affected.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, maybe I jumped the gun on this, and so that I don't leave you empty handed here is an interesting picture. This is a discharge channel at YS. Although the reddish color is normal on the sides, fresh water runs down the middle and would not have any red tinge interspersed in the middle. I have not been able to find another picture like this.

Once again, likely nothing, but I like to share my finds.

Bascombes Travel Blogue

edit on 1-9-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Parents teach calves to catch up with the group.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The ones running are running down hill. The ones on the left are on a hill leading away from the ditch.

Sulphur Dioxide is deadly, heavier than air, common with volcanoes and has a pungent odor.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Tatonka?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

More like migrating than 'running from volcanoes'.

Herds of grazers summer up on high pasture and move back down to the valley floor during winter.
edit on 1-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is or isn't anything to be leery off.....but last year at this time someone posted something similar about mass exodus. Turns out they migrate every year .

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Wow, they certainly are much faster than I ever imagined an animal of that sort could be!

To me it just looked like some of the herd were playing, BUT i'm no nature expert so I'll just keep an eye out for what the rest of ATS says.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
They look mostly pretty chilled out to me apart from a few stretching their legs. If the whole heard darted I would say something is up.(but many things could spook them like wolfs/people/vehicle etc)
As much as I love to hear about activity at Yellowstone I think you might need a break from it.
Kind of grasping at straws with this one.

edit on Thursdayam011630Thu, 01 Sep 2016 07:54:52 -0500542016-09-01T07:54:52-05:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Maybe what was taking the picture spooked them.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Scared motionless? Looks like a normal Sunday afternoon for the herd. Chew, roam, chew, hit a fly with your tail, chew...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Having rented a farmhouse for several years in the 90's, I had the opportunity to watch a herd of Hereford cattle. What I see in the video, honestly, looks like normal herd movement.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm day 6 into a 10 day trip in Yellowstone..was back country for the past 3 days and came into Mammoth to restock before heading out again for the next 3 days..During this trip I have stayed at Lake Yellowstone, Roosevelt , Mammoth and Back Country so been in and around multiple parts of the Park..

I have hiked across both the Hayden and Lamar valleys this trip and can tell you that what you are posting is Bison being Bison.. Even more so at the end of the rut time where males can and will charge each other which can often cause the Bison heard to run then 2 mins later flop down, swat some flies with their tales and roll around so they can get up.

I would be more concerned if I didn't see the normal behavior you posted or Bison causing a traffic jam by crossing or running down the road the anything else.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A vehicle on the edge of the trees wouldn't spook them. Nothing really spooks them I've been to Yellowstone many times and they rule. They want to sleep in the road they sleep in the road and traffic waits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join