It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry’s Latest Solution To Terror Is Brilliantly Imbecilic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Wow
I can't believe how many people in this thread are advocating ignorance as a valid solution.

Lets just stick our heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist?

Now, there is a difference between fear mongering and keeping the public informed. I can't argue that the MSM isn't fear mongering, because they do. But not reporting on terrorism incidents is no kind of solution.

With that logic we can end racism, poverty and Govt. corruption if we just don't look at it.

I personally want all the information I can get so I can make well informed decisions. But that's just me, I do crazy things sometimes.

It really is a two edged sword. No report, who you gonna hate for what they do ? As many already know; some little darling blows something up, stabs, rapes, shoots a train load of passengers... one of the last things to come out is their name and religion... Can't spread hate to a certain group if everyone is blind sided unless it is a mentally deficient white guy which can be used as a token of, "see everyone does it" !

Censorship is alive and well and has been ratcheted up all over the world... I guess those who have sworn to uphold our laws and the constitution with the whole freedom of press thingy well...... As long as the Elite know, "what difference does it make(?") seems to be the current thought process.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Kerry has a very valid point. The same premise has been involved in discussions about the media and mass/serial murderers.

But the implementation must be voluntary by the individual media outlets or it could be considered a violation of the 1st amendment.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I absolutely believe John Kerry is an imbecile, but the idea of not giving terrorists carte blanche media access has a lot of merit. I think the attacks need to be reported on, BUT manifestos, claims of credit, and videos of their mouthpieces shouldn't be aired. It's patently ridiculous that 10 seconds following any attack of any nature the media parrots "No group has yet claimed responsibility" followed up an hour later with "ISIS took credit for the attack by celebrating it on their Twitter feed."

On the same side, the media shouldn't be so goddamned gung-ho to report every police involved shooting, nor should they give Americans acting like fools in "protests" turned riots a camera and mic to speak into.

America's media, owned and controlled by the same forces that own and control America's government officials, seriously needs to be brought down and beaten into submission, to be replaced with actual independent media.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I was just going to say that...

Terrorism is all about PR, or mostly so.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wait a minute fellas.
Everybody get's what the Horse Face Ketchup Monster is saying, but..........
All media outlets are " for profit "enterprises.
No organization is going to stop covering " Terror " because it make them M-O-N-E-Y.

Therefore, to stop the media from covering these types of stories, it would have to become illegal to do so.
We have such laws in Israel and on occasion, they are put into effect. More so for security than censorship.
But that's still what it is.

Where does the peoples right to know and security,( as well as giving terrorists what they desire most ) line to be drawn ?
Its a very hard call.
I've attended many briefings on this very subject and as of yet, nobody has come up with a satisfactory solution.
Which includes the HFKM.

Buck

edit on 30-8-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: intrepid
While certainly not the solution to the problem it IS a valid step. Terrorists spread fear. Why be their PR arm?

They don't mind the MSM Reporting on Nationalism or Racist/Hate crimes attacks do they? If you can't see the agenda behind NWO Kerry's statements, then not sure what to tell ya.

How bout the MSM and the government just start saying people were killed due to a unicorn that mistakenly huffed some paint? /sarcasm

Kerry forgot to mention that it IS the white house press secretary who tells the media all about their current non classified battles and enemies and all that war and fighting business. They do that quite often too.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I thought I was the only person who surmised he was suggesting the terrorists thrive on, expand and benefit greatly from repetitive, non-stop, mass media exposure.

That's not to say it should not be quickly and briefly acknowledged, but it is turned into a graphic, mass trauma, ritualistic meme and imprint by the U.S. media in my view.

edit on 30-8-2016 by tweetie because: I don't know! Lol! added a word

edit on 30-8-2016 by tweetie because: changed a word

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I thought I was the only person who surmised he was suggesting the terrorists thrive on, expand and benefit greatly from repetitive, non-stop, mass media exposure.

That's not to say it should not be quickly and briefly acknowledged, but it is turned into a graphic, mass trauma, ritualistic meme and imprint by the U.S. media in my view.

Yeah but it says that they are winning, that's what he is pissed off about.

Well Lurch, why don't you take care of the damn problem so that there is better news about these animals!

Better yet, let's move to make them something non newsworthy, like extinct.

Besides, it's not like they need the press anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So the next time a cop shoots a black person, the media shouldn't cover it because it might incite violence.

0_o

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

John (Thinking To Himself) ....That Damn Pain in my Left Leg is Killing Me Again ! Geez , I know , I will just Ignore it and it will Go away .

link   
And from the same News source. "Grandmother undergoes Stunning Revenge Makeover", Plus the latest on Tori Spelling and that fake Bill Clinton/Hillary blackface pic.

Oh Brother, you really dig deep.

link   

John (Thinking To Himself) ....That Damn Pain in my Left Leg is Killing Me Again ! Geez , I know , I will just Ignore it and it will Go away .

link   

link   

link   

Multiple Post
edit on 30-8-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
And from the same News source. "Grandmother undergoes Stunning Revenge Makeover", Plus the latest on Tori Spelling and that fake Bill Clinton/Hillary blackface pic.

Oh Brother, you really dig deep.

But But But

The story originates from the Weekly Standard !!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I absolutely believe John Kerry is an imbecile, but the idea of not giving terrorists carte blanche media access has a lot of merit. I think the attacks need to be reported on, BUT manifestos, claims of credit, and videos of their mouthpieces shouldn't be aired. It's patently ridiculous that 10 seconds following any attack of any nature the media parrots "No group has yet claimed responsibility" followed up an hour later with "ISIS took credit for the attack by celebrating it on their Twitter feed."

On the same side, the media shouldn't be so goddamned gung-ho to report every police involved shooting, nor should they give Americans acting like fools in "protests" turned riots a camera and mic to speak into.

America's media, owned and controlled by the same forces that own and control America's government officials, seriously needs to be brought down and beaten into submission, to be replaced with actual independent media.

Gung Ho is the correct way to cite the media so often. Still you can't ignore actual events while conversely people watching the gogglebox have been given totally false episodes, and shown to be so..which have been got away with allied to additional comment..the propaganda thrust.
Against that there is the freedom of the press, which is largely unhindered, but much abused.
Then there is another curious aspect of the news, the later evening press reviews on TV.
Now, when you hear them talking, you just know that they are hacks, they know everything pretty much, and by no means stupid in the main, but so often the papers they work for are in the main titillating shiite, and propagandist owned.
This what happens so often, the independant media is there, just that they are working for someone else.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A liberals philosophy " if we don't know it then it isn't hurting us"...... so sad
edit on 30-8-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yep, the White House has adopted a new tactic to combat terrorism, it's called the "Three Wise Mokeys Doctrine". From now on we don't speak of terrorism, we don't see terrorism, nor do we hear of terrorism....there...all fixed now .

Three Monkeys

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why doesn't the spooks and DoD spread rumors of them having a nuke or 2 for a bit?

Then hitting them somewhere with a real one, blaming it on mohammed "fumblefingers" ?

I don't know, just thinking outside the box. lol.

Ya gotta figure it would motivate a lot of people to find the other one.

The press would just fuel the whole thing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join