It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you confident that your perception of reality is accurate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm not. It's a big mystery. Am I on the planet I was born on? I don't think so.

edit on Sun Aug 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: MPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
TO master the real you must also master the unreal, and dwell in having an ultimate BS detector; and have a wicked memory. Not a situation I recommend for most people.
edit on 28-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Yes i'm fully confident that my perception of this holographic reality is accurate. Although I am real and so are you, nothing else is.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Perception is 9/10ths of reality,

So

Yes, mostly.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I thought the quote was: Possession is nine-tenths of the law. Ya know, ownership is easier to maintain if one has possession of something, or difficult to enforce if one does not.

Yes I'm confident my perception of reality is accurate because it's 'my' reality. Do we share a common reality? Likely so.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No.

The ME thing Fs with me. And you are not alone! The others stopped posting. I'm with you to a a point (hence my low ME posts--after a while what is the point???)

-TEOT

and :love :
edit on 27-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: continuity

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I've read and watched too many programs about how your perceptions can be off or manipulated. I'd have to say no I really don't trust myself much when it comes to what I perceive.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I perceive my reality.

And sometimes it's not the same.

LOL

I don't think that means anything really.

Maybe.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Okay, look..I've seen ATLEAST 3 messages from MODS about minimal OP. They hate it, so please please listen to them next time.

I recognize that i am a BIT delusional about some things. It's not that i don't know "common" reality, it's just that sometimes i create untruths in my head.

Sometimes i fantasize about life in a "wishful thinking" kind of way. But i DO know the difference between my reality and "society" reality and yeah, they're definitely not always one and the same.

cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

This is a good example of the crap we've been getting lately. " I'm mad. How about you" is the extent of some of these threads. I refuse to comment on the subject and thereby make their thread for them. If they can't take the time to do better, why should I bother? I'd really like to see the Mods stop with the warnings and just trash the thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah.. I have to be careful with the mods. I'm quick to misbehave around here and I think I only have 2 strikes left until probation or maybe something worse.

I need to contribute something meaningful to the site in order to get in their favor. I should go under cover and investigate and report my findings here. Like a real journalist would do.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

what's reality?

the answer's always going to change depending on who you ask.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
No. Never have been.

It's impossible for me to be sure that what my brain interprets is an accurate representation of reality.

But it's a great trick and works every time.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
society reality, actuality. individual reality, varies tremendously
edit on 28-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It is far more accurate than it was a month ago.

What could bring about such an affirmation?

I had my property stolen.

I am aware, I am observant, and I am acutely involved with the human condition.

An immigrant chose to target, scout and take my things. He was my neighbor. He was stupid. I caught him, I used his wife as bait.

This is the planet you were born on, just as it is for me. We are in this together.

Take what you have learned from the video games you might play. Learn to keep the upper hand.

Reality only hits its hardest when you are down for whatever reason. Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off, and fight for what you believe in. I don't care if it agrees with me or not. Just effing fight.

The fight is all that remains. Compromise and you lose.

Take from it what you will.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My mind plays tricks on me.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nope.

Not at all.

Being a father to 3 young kids might juuuust be influencing that though...

Put something down?
Not there when you turn back to it mere seconds later.
Had an unopened chocolate bar in the fridge - gone when you walk back in the room.
Set the channels on the TV - they're all messed up the next day.
Dead certain the cat wasn't tossed into the shower cubical and the door on it closed when I left briefly to grab a fresh towel - come back and poor Snugglebutt is scrambling up the glass...

Mandela Effect???

Not unless one of my lil shyte hellion's name is Mandela...
edit on 28-8-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join