It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Black Men for Bernie’ Founder to End Democrat ‘Political Slavery’ of Minority Voters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: introvert

You are right. Which is exactly what this guy was highlighting. When you vote Dem after they have stopped working for you, then they will continue to not work for you.

Ok. Who can they vote for that will "work for them"?

Voting anyone but Dem. Vote Republican, let them know you expect them to make changes to make things equitable. Let them know in 4 years your vote can swing to someone else. Make your vote matter.

Two people have a vote you want.

Person A is going to vote for you no matter what you do, and in 4 years will vote again no matter what.
Person B says he's not voting for you unless you make concessions, and if he is unhappy in 4 years you will not get his vote again.

Who do you think will get time and attention for the next 4 years?
edit on 27-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Carter told Breitbart News that his greatest awakening of how Democrats exploit minority voters came when he learned from the Washington Post that the Democratic Party spends less than 2 percent of its campaign resources with minority-owned companies, even though they get better than 90 percent of the black vote. It is a practice that Carter calls “political slavery.”

That doesn't make much sense.

How is the amount of money spent by a party towards minority-owned services tied to the percentage the party receives in minority votes?

And how is that equated to political slavery?

The democrats do nothing for the Black community yet expect black votes. By voting Democrat despite a history of getting nothing in return Blacks are basically enslaving themselves to the status quo system and giving without getting. Until they wise up and vote against Democrats there is no incentive for any party to do anything to actually help them.

They are part of the same system the rest of us are bound to. If they are slaves to the system, so are we. Not all of us vote democrat.

So logic would dictate that we should not vote for either Democrats or Republicans if we do not want to be slaves of the status quo.

Hillary should be well versed on pay to play. Now it's her turn.

You think she should pay for the votes of minorities?

Should? No
Will have to this time around? Yes

Why this time around? Hillary is going to get the majority of the black vote anyway.

Your assertion is absurd.

Your assertion proves the OP.
Thanks

Proves what, specifically?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Right.

Many usual GOP voters voted against them in 2008 to smite them for their Dubya crimes, and such such as the way they raw dog'ed Ron Paul.

If the usual DNC folks refuse to see the truth of how crooked Hillary truly IS, and such such as how the DNC raw dog'ed Bernie, and respond in kind, then they are lost. They really are "loons" as the conservatives like to call them.

Don't live up to the stereotype, for your own sake, and everyone else's.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What percentage of the GOP resources has gone to minority-owned businesses?

That appears to be a crucial aspect in this man's argument.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

They are not voting GOP. So it's not relevant. What is relevant is what is the black community getting for their vote right now? The answer is next to nothing. As long as you remain person A you will keep getting nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They are not voting GOP. So it's not relevant. What is relevant is what is the black community getting for their vote right now? The answer is next to nothing. As long as you remain person A you will keep getting nothing.

What should the black community be getting in exchange for their vote?

That's what I am wondering?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Carter told Breitbart News that his greatest awakening of how Democrats exploit minority voters came when he learned from the Washington Post that the Democratic Party spends less than 2 percent of its campaign resources with minority-owned companies, even though they get better than 90 percent of the black vote. It is a practice that Carter calls “political slavery.”

That doesn't make much sense.

How is the amount of money spent by a party towards minority-owned services tied to the percentage the party receives in minority votes?

And how is that equated to political slavery?

Wow, roflmao! I thought the math was pretty simple unless delusion is involved. Out of 100% campaign finance resources allocated to companies for whatever purpose, 2% goes to black/minority owned companies, the other 98% goes to white owned companies. So the democratic candidate gets 90% of the black vote for 2% of the business. Looks like a slap in the face or a kick in the teeth for black or minority owned companies to me. So why do the democrats deserve 90% of the black or minority vote when this kind of spending is skewed against them?

I think votes should be earned by having policy ideas that the voter agrees with. Now the percentage of votes candidates receive by a certain subsection of the country should be proportionate to the amount of funds spent on goods and services provided by that subsection?

That makes no sense.

Sounds to me like this guys is pissed because their votes are not being payed for.

I agree that policies and consistent equal spending should be the point, however, Hillary states one policy and enacts the opposite, her lies and promises are excused, her criminal acts go unpunished and unresolved. The point of the thread however, was equal spending. If she is so pro equality it should be reflected in her actions rather than her lip service. If minorities are 40% of the US makeup, the 40% of campaign allocated corporate spending should go to black and minority owned businesses, not 2%.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/27.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

A government that is working for them. They should get equitable treatment. Just like every other American. Right now that is quite simply not the case. The two party system where people are locked in is a huge part of the problem. Free yourself, or enslave yourself.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Hillary states one policy and enacts the opposite

Have an example?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A government that is working for them.

How is the government not working for them? They have access to all government services that the rest of us do.

They should get equitable treatment. Just like every other American. Right now that is quite simply not the case.

The Democrat party seems to be the only party that talks about that.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Edit

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The Democrat party seems to be the only party that talks about that.

They are indeed great at talking. So the question is are you going to vote for more talk, or are you going to make your vote actually count?

How is the government not working for them? They have access to all government services that the rest of us do.

The government does not work for anyone that is not wealthy. An example is given in the OP, the whole reason for the thread. Why are you asking how it's not working when that is covered in the source?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They are indeed great at talking. So the question is are you going to vote for more talk, or are you going to make your vote actually count?

The Democrats also work on equality issues. It's more than just talk. But whom else could they vote for that will do something that "actually counts"?

An example is given in the OP, the whole reason for the thread. Why are you asking how it's not working when that is covered in the source?

I don't see anything in the OP that says specifically what the government is not doing for minorities.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The Democrats also work on equality issues. It's more than just talk. But whom else could they vote for that will do something that "actually counts"?

An example is given in the OP, the whole reason for the thread. Why are you asking how it's not working when that is covered in the source?

I don't see anything in the OP that says specifically what the government is not doing for minorities.

I have no idea how you missed it.

Democrats exploit minority voters came when he learned from the Washington Post that the Democratic Party spends less than 2 percent of its campaign resources with minority-owned companies, even though they get better than 90 percent of the black vote.

People should expect more than lip service.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have no idea how you missed it.

The Democratic party is not the government. I'll ask it again. What is the government not doing for minorities that it does for others?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The War On Drugs is the hardest on the black community. Not even Obama will end it.

Open borders makes it harder for minorities to earn a good wage; get a job. If anyone talks about better managing it they're labelled "racist" and smeared by the Dem's. All so they can keep that minority vote.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

They are when you vote them into office, are they not?

It's clear you don't want to address the point in the OP and you have refused to do so since the beginning.

As far as I am concerned that is an admission you know there is no counter, but you are so stuck in the 2 party system you can't get yourself outside of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They are when you vote them into office, are they not?

Yes, along with Republicans and Independents. Democrats are not the only people that run the government.

Again, what are they not doing for minorities?

It's clear you don't want to address the point in the OP and you have refused to do so since the beginning.

I did address the OP. Why should votes be tied to the amount of money spent with certain groups of people? Money should have nothing to do with it.

As far as I am concerned that is an admission you know there is no counter, but you are so stuck in the 2 party system you can't get yourself outside of it.

Not sure what that even means. Oh well.
edit on 27-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yes, along with Republicans and Independents.

Yes, and anyone blindly voting R or I is also a fool and going to get the same treatment.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes, along with Republicans and Independents.

Yes, and anyone blindly voting R or I is also a fool and going to get the same treatment.

Not from this guy referenced in the OP. He only cares about the money the Dems spend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join