It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Atheism just an Antichristian Religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Anti-Christian vitriol seems to be in vogue these days and is very prevalent here at ATS.
It can be seen in several posts today and there appears to be a contest for who can be more insulting.

It's no more "in vogue" than it was 80 years ago when Vashti McCollum took it to the Supreme Court. You're just hearing more about it because Christianity is no longer being treated with kid gloves.

It's not "because it's cool" -- or "because they're big poopy-headed meanies". It's because they have been EDUCATED.

[snipped] We have had enough. THE REST OF THE WORLD has had enough.

Oh -- the jihadis? Yeah - they also are NOT EDUCATED. [snipped]

edit on 8/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Susanoo-no-Mikoto as being real.

...Heyyyy......wait a minute now....

Uhhh, gotta go! (-scurries off to avoid blasphemy charges-)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You all wouldn't even understand the bible or Quran or any other holy spiritual book, even if it was read to you by Jesus himself.

He'll slap you with it, drill a hole in your head and stash bible verses in there, and melt the book into your brain, but you'll still never understand.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
He'll slap you with it, drill a hole in your head and stash bible verses in there, and melt the book into your brain, but you'll still never understand.

And when he is done doing that, I will guide him to agnosticism/atheism.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

really?

That sounds like a threat. Not cool. At all. Not cool.

edit on 8/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight
1:00

edit on 28-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: skynet2015

If i point out someone's flaws in their math homework, does that make me anti-math? No. It means that i am interested in the truth and i want to believe as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible. We discern truth from falsities by studying the evidence for the claims. If the claims have nothing to back them up, we can simply ignore them and wait until evidence is forthcoming.

Atheism is not a religion. If someone makes a claim, and i don't believe it, and i want some explanation, maybe some proof, how does that make my non acceptance of your claim a religion?

Nobody practices atheism. It is only one thing. I don't believe your claim, because, for lack of evidence, i am not convinced.

Nobody practices atheism, that's interesting
I believe a small minority does practice atheism

They read, study, proselytize, idol worship and dwell on it as a single issue
There are some people on ats who make it their primary focus

I know atheists who don't believe in God/s and others who preach atheism as a solution

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh, for the love of God, or love of no God...whatever.

Are your lives just so great that you spend your time bothering about the belief systems of other folks? Don't you have better things to do?

You don't believe in God? I don't care. Seriously, don't.

You do? I don't care. Seriously, don't.

I find it very easy to ignore, and/or chase away obnoxious door knocking folks who want to save me. Takes about two to three seconds..."Go away, or I'll call the cops". Works every single time. Though I do occasionally play with their minds...

I'm not the least bit offended by atheists. I don't agree with 'em. So? Doesn't make 'em evil, or doomed to the "ever-lasting fires of Satan's hell." Nope. If God doesn't care, and She hasn't told me She does...why the heck should I?

Live and let live is a creed more should follow, or even learn.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Are your lives just so great that you spend your time bothering about the belief systems of other folks? Don't you have better things to do?

I would like to learn more about atheism. I've only been exposed to it since joining ATS. Just yesterday I suddenly realized some of the ramifications of a deterministic mind-set with regards to the free will issue. This stuff is rather new to me. Anyway. I found this interesting Youtube. It's one of those long ones I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Nobody practices atheism, that's interesting

Shocking, I know.

I believe a small minority does practice atheism

How does one practice a lack of belief? There is nothing else that connects one atheist to another except for a lack of belief in god(s). So what is there to practice?

They read, study, proselytize

So Catholic schools are atheist now? They do these things too.

idol worship

Idol worship??!??

and dwell on it as a single issue

Dwell on what? a lack of belief?

There are some people on ats who make it their primary focus

I do make it my primary focus to study, learn, and read. true.

I know atheists who don't believe in God/s and others who preach atheism as a solution

Solution to what? I'm sure you must be able to quote someone here on ATS that preaches "the solution of atheism"

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Closest I ever came to atheism was being agnostic for many years. Then various events in my life pointed me the other way.

There are many paths to Truth. There are many paths to Peace. None are the same for everyone. Sooner that's realized the more peaceful our world will be.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

How do you practice non-belief? By its very definition it's impossible.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Closest I ever came to atheism was being agnostic for many years. Then various events in my life pointed me the other way.

And all the signs, portents, omens, and oracles indicate that I should be a grand high druidic cleric for the thundering sky god. But I'm not quite satisfied with that. My dreams and visions and imagination indicate that something a bit more earth bound is to be preferred. So what an impasse!

Understanding atheism may just help in the decision process. Wonderful time to discover that there is supposed to be documented scientific proof that free will is an illusion. That would just really tear it. So priority should be to look into this claim, in my honest opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

Clearly you don't understand the philosophy behind atheism. A-theism. With out theism. Lack of belief in deity/deities. Don't take it is personally, it is not just the particular Abrahamic faith group you named, that they pick on. They don't believe in ANY deities.

For the record I am no an atheist. Nor an agnostic. I am also not abrahamic.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Belief, or faith, isn't the same for everyone. You come to it, or not, by your own path.

I can't explain faith, no one can, and anyone who says they can is, well, lying to you...or is very sadly mistaken.

"IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE, THERE ARE MANY ROOMS." [John 14:2]

I, and many who are much better educated than I in these matters, take this to mean that there are many paths to the truth, to meeting the godhead if you will.

Your path may differ. You may not even believe there is one, or are on one...that's up to you.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

ok then, they idol worship science and atheism.
They make it their life

some people turn their sports team in to a religion

like how some people just cant stay out of threads titled Is Atheism just an Antichristian Religion?
They dwell on them, live them are emotional involved in them

Its not just a question they can answer with a yes, no or maybe, it becomes a banner that needs to be carried into battle, a fundamental call to fight.
Yes, there are definitely people who turn their beliefs into a religion, not many, but definetly

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So tempting to jump in with my thoughts that Atheism not being anti-religious/religion but will hold my thoughts for the abstract realm.

But i will say this....

quote]originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Nice quote there Buzzywigs.

Coomba98
edit on 29-8-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I tried to locate the source of that nifty sounding Hindu proverb. Can't find anything older than 2012.

closest I could find older than 2012:

Ancient Japanese saying: "There are many paths up the Mountain, but the view of the moon from the top is the same."
religioustolerance

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join