It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye asks in open letter to Obama to raise space exploration funding by 1.5 billion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How can we do that? Did we complete the mission of making Muslims feel good about themselves? That's NASA's top job ya know.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

More complex electronics in our craft equates to more required shielding, both for the equipment and for any human passengers.

Apollo pretty much rocketed through the Van Allen belt and the trajectory was designed so the vehicle experienced minimum exposure to said belts. Also the equipment was rather less complex by today's standards and was thus less susceptible to damage regarding radiation exposure.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

thank you for the welcome, but this not my first rode-o.

I lost my old computer and email i signed up with. so i started a new account.

i think that yes civilization is in decline but not as bad as we think and we are being made to think its a lot worse then it is in order to take away freedoms, or make us give up to more control(how ever you want to look at it depending on were you are).

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

that doesn't sound right.

If we could do then it should be easier now , and cheaper.

Like I said before something stinks

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a repy to: ColdWisdom

nasa has had more then enough money to do it again they just chose not to or didnt tell us

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

As long as you ride with the regulators Doc, theres hope someone out there is fighting the good fight.

So, welcome aboard.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The problems regarding travel outside our protective radiation belt are numerous and some have yet to be overcome that's simple fact.

You are right however something does stink, that being our inability to solve our religious and socioeconomic problems down here on Earth, the fact that we war with one another over diminishing resources while the rich get richer and the poor and hungry perish.

End of the day manned space exploration in any meaningful manner is simply not as of yet cost effective given the state of our respective nations and the fact that the social divide is getting wider as the days go by.

That's what stinks.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Yea back when the US actually did things, didn't think or complain about funding, they just said lets do it, and did it.
1960s and 70s man, best era in American history to be honest.

Back to the topic...

1.5 Billion is nothing in today's world. It's a fraction of the budget for the US military. And it won't be all in one lump sum, it'll be over time.
Plus, think about how many brilliant young people can get funding and education through NASA and other agencies associated with them. So many technologies from the space race and post war era paved the way to everything from food, to construction.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
Isn't the government moving away from space funding? I thought they're starting to have private contractors take over space exploration.

They are only moving away from funding space in the visible space programs. The black budget one is getting tons, but we won't likely hear about any of the benefits they discover in those.

That's the unfortunate truth.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
www.google.com...://www.truthrevolt.org/news/flashback-obama-turns-nasa-muslim-outreach-program&ved=0ahUKEwjFz oXhkuLOAhXBmR4KHR-mB7kQFgggMAE&usg=AFQjCNG4RM1Dev11-_3fiOKmuag08_1EOA&sig2=knD39Yi8fZY-0vK-G0S-nw

This is what I am referring to.
There's plenty more sources on this if you want to look yourself
edit on 27-8-2016 by GraffikPleasure because: Link won't work...copy and paste in

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Link just says "Redirect Notice, The previous page is sending you to an invalid url".

Edit: Now says "404. That’s an error, The requested URL /http was not found on this server. That’s all we know".

edit on 27-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yea I'm trying... In on mobile phone right now

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Understandable.

I haven't quite mastered all the techniques of copy, pasting and posting from Android/iOS myself.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

All you have to do is Google
Obama + NASA Muslim outreach

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Take it you are referring to articles such as this one?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Space exploration and NASA should have nothing to do with organised religious practices if you ask me.

If they are looking for or to influence science, math, and engineering proteges they should target China.

edit on 27-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes I am.
Pretty pathetic right?
Let's take another thing the USA is good at and destroy it for political gain.. or I guess his own pandering

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Don't get your hopes up regarding Trump or Clinton changing much. Same crap different brand of halfwit, that's all.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think that we should use that 1.5 billion to clean up our planet before we start trashing another corner of the galaxy. They have been littering, and dangerously so the space above our own heads. If NASA can't figure out a way to take care of their mess, they don't deserve the 1.5 billion.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The infrastructure we had is gone. You can't build the parts without infrastructure.

As to whether we could do it, of course, but it would cost a crazy amount and make no sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Top of page 2 .. I sourced it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join