It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump OK’d business partner with alleged Iran laundering ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Since it seems people are concerned with every aspect of a Presidential candidates past, especially with Iran...I thought this article would make for some good discussion.

Trump OK’d business partner with alleged Iran laundering ties

Six months before he entered the presidential race, Donald Trump announced a new real estate project in Baku, Azerbaijan. His partner was the son of a government minister suspected by U.S. diplomats of laundering money for Iran’s military and described as “notoriously corrupt.”

You would think if people were really concerned about candidates business partners, they would call dealings like this out. However, I suspect we won't see Trump supporters having a problem with this.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Haven't you heard?

It's a left wing media conspiracy against Mr. Trump.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This outrage needs to be fully investigated !!

The hole is deep.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Like freeing of Iranian funds that help free Americans, not going towards Iranian humanitarian needs, help Iran sponsor terrorism, help Iran buy weapons from Russia and China, go into nuclear weapons research?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

For argument's sake, I'm not even going to read the link. For the purpose of this post I'm going to say, hypothetically, that every single thing in the OP is true. I'll hypothetically say that Trump did business with a sketchy character that is neck deep in laundering money for Iran and that the business partner is totally corrupt.

Where does that leave us? What it the point here?

I'm not an apologist for Trump or anyone else. If this is all true.... it's horrendous. It's despicable.

Again... what is the point though? Is the point here that people shouldn't vote for Trump because of this? Even if everything you propose is true (which I have some doubts), so what? Any election is not about one person. It is about (at least) two people. If you are a thoughtful voter, you have a list of issues and you run down the list to see who is better on which issues and how important those issues are to you.

So, if you are going to project that things of this nature make a candidate unfit for office.... if you are intellectually honest you have to compare and contrast this to Hillary's actions on this topic. Trump had a business partner that was a bad, bad man. Hillary, DURING HER TIME AS SECRETARY OF STATE, took money for her "foundation" from crap-loads of horrific players. What's worse, is that it is becoming more and more obvious with each passing day that she was literally selling access and selling advantages.

So I'm not going to defend Trump or make excuses. I'm not even going to bother looking into your assertion.... because even if it is all true... if you are using this and saying that "Trump is corrupt so you shouldn't vote for him" and you refuse to use the same standards for Hillary..... the entirety of your post is meaningless.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
THAT SON OF A BITCH!

Wait....he hasn't actually HOSED over national security ,he'll do.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

If the guy is guilty, why was he not in jail and how would Trump know?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm so glad I found this thread. I knew I had read about Trump's Baku hotel deal on ATS before.

Two days ago, I read one of the most impressively thorough pieces of investigative journalism to be published in some time.
Donald Trump's Worst Deal

It is a long piece; a 20 minute read. Besides the potentially criminal behavior highlighted in the article, the extremely hazy ethics shown by the Trump Organization are illustrative of how Trump does business.

His fans tout his business prowess as his main skill for 'fixing' what is broken in America. Well, if his Azerbaijin deal is indicative of what we can expect from him as POTUS--we have a problem.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, if you dig enough, everyone has some dirty links.

new topics

top topics

join