It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invest-99L Tropical Wave: Implications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My day off resulted in some pleasure seeking conspiracy site surfing.

I will admit that beforeitsnews.com is NOT trustworthy, and neither is Sorcha Faal (!), but it made for entertainment reading this "Kremlin Issues Alert Story " re: the invest 99-L tropical "wave" now in the southern atlantic.

Initially I only skimmed the story and closed it quickly after seeing the author. However, earlier today while on the gym treadmill watching the weather channel (yes, i was that bored), the presenters were quite focused on invest-99L. Why all the hub bub, bub?

Because Invest-99L could turn into a large category hurricane; tropical waters are at a record highs , and the storm will track near or in the southern atlantic anomaly where the magnetosphere comes quite close to earth, bringing with lots of charged particles (in the 1-10 MeV range!). In other words: lots of energy available to build a huge storm, and little vertical windshear to dissipate it.

Currently being tracked are the remnants of Fiona, Invest-99L, and Gaston (which will be a cat 1 but likely miss the US E coast altogether). Curiously there is little on the National Hurricane Center site, but plenty elsewhere...

I don't think the storm potential has anything to do with recent European governments calls to the citizenry to prepare for "catastrophes or war"- but the butterfly effect can be pretty powerful over the global noosphere...

And to top it off with a bit of my own conspiracy , here's a neat little twittersphere interaction with a well versed local meteorologist...
edit on 8/23/2016 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/23/2016 by drphilxr because: more more more

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Funny enough I checked that very system out this afternoon. It's the prime season for east coast storms. Now through the end of September. I just had an inkling to check the charts. I'm a weather bug. Always have been. 🌀🌂
edit on 8232016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Im surprised none are aware of the dangers with Invest-99L will pose to the US East coast.....cough cough Katrina 2.0 cough

weather.com...

www.wunderground.com...

www.miaminewtimes.com...

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Isn't this one a Cape Verde based on where the wave started. They tend to be big ones with the southerly track.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Yeah, this track that takes storms south of Cuba has a bad history here in the Texas Gulf coast. Alicia, Katrina, Ike all had very similar tracks.

This is one to watch for certain.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Weatherbell thinks that the current systems already in the tropics and the Atlantic will stymie major development because they'll be able to hang around. They also think something will potentially develop off the coast off LA where they don't need it. They have more than enough rain there already.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've been watching for the waves to start. People along the Gulf do keep an eye on the activity.

The question will be how far west it goes before turning.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Yes, exactly ! A bit shocking that only the weather channel seemed interested.

It's not making national news - yet. Newest weather models are indeed predicting a Florida landfall.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I use the Weather Underground site. They usually have quite a bit of data posted on storms and forecasts.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

"I use the Weather Underground site. They usually have quite a bit of data posted on storms and forecasts."

In my opinion, Weather Underground has the best tropical coverage and info.

As a Florida resident, at this time of year, I spend as much time on that site as I do on ATS. I really enjoy Dr. Master's blog and all of the comments. There are some serious weather geeks that post information on there and you can really learn a lot.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Jeff Master's is on this one - he updated at around 8am this morning EST... Lake Okeechobee's dikes
apparently are of concern for increased rainfall amount.

top topics

join