It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian mufti calls for universal female genital mutilation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: dogstar23

I despise genital mutilation of women and find it abhorrent feminists at large are silent on the issue and they're afraid to attack the religion largely responsible for it or really, even question the practices.

I've yet to see a single feminist take issue with a number of anti-women issues pertaining to Islam yet they love telling Western men how poorly we treat women.

Julie Bindel but she is 2nd wave not third wave.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

theparadoxproject.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ayaan Hirsi Ali

She is probably known to most of you.

Outspoken on all things Islam.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Well this guy won't be around much longer. Hopefully anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This wasn't just an Islamic issue, the leader of the Orthodox Russian Church, BACKED him and then slagged off feminists. This is a problem with misogynistic religions such as Christianity and Islam.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I wonder what Mr P thinks of this ? No sign of the " Only Russia " ATS ers chirping in as yet.. Barbarous backward practise..

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Archpriest Chaplin, one of the most prominent Orthodox priests in Russia, rushed to the mufti’s defence after outraged headlines splashed across Russian media and social networks.

“What feminist howling!” he wrote in a Facebook post defending the right of minorities to preserve religious traditions.

“Circumcising all women probably isn’t necessary. Orthodox women don’t need it because they are not promiscuous,” he wrote.

“Of course God created women to bear and raise children. Feminism is a lie of the 20th century,” he added.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If we cared enough it would be gone. There would be no aid programs but international sanctions untill they enforce the existing or the new tougher laws.
It's mainly carried out on girls between the ages of 0 and 15 years. He could end up in asylum for a dangerous sexual deviance or in a jail for its propagation. I mean people disappeared for less in Russia when there was a will in high places, didn't they?

However what about the Jews once it's a history? Is it still around because of the fear of hypocricy and PC? I know it's not the same thing but still. [scratching head]

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Archpriest Chaplin, one of the most prominent Orthodox priests in Russia, rushed to the mufti’s defence after outraged headlines splashed across Russian media and social networks.

“What feminist howling!” he wrote in a Facebook post defending the right of minorities to preserve religious traditions.

“Circumcising all women probably isn’t necessary. Orthodox women don’t need it because they are not promiscuous,” he wrote.

“Of course God created women to bear and raise children. Feminism is a lie of the 20th century,” he added.

Good,, shoot his ass too.

Got any links, btw?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
FGM issue is the one that completely pisses me off. This is violence. Violence against innocent children. And the cause lies in a savage mentality of those people. At least 200 million girls and women have undergone FGM. At least.

As for the "newsmaker", he says he was misunderstood (src):

One of Russia’s most senior Islamic scholars says his statement that Muslim women should undergo genital mutilation to “decrease the amount of sin in the world” was taken too literally by the media and misinterpreted.

“I was asked by the media if I was aware of the practice of female circumcision. I said I was, though it is not a part of Sharia [Islamic law],” Ismail Berdiev, the head of the North Caucasus Muslim Coordination Center, told RT in a phone interview.

“Then as a joke I added that if there was more of it, there would be less perversion in the world. And the media just printed the words and ran with the story…next I hear of it, is ‘cleric wants to sterilize all women’.”

RT asked Berdiev to clarify his position on FGM once and for all.

“Of course I think FGM is medieval barbarism,” said the scholar. “But this is a matter for the family, and we shouldn’t necessarily interfere. I don’t think it is a big problem, and just because someone performed female circumcision somewhere once upon a time, doesn’t mean we have to talk about it endlessly.”

After reading the last paragraph I can't misunderstand him. He should behead himself.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
If we cared enough it would be gone. There would be no aid programs but international sanctions untill they enforce the existing or the new tougher laws.

Not sure about that.

With perversions like Obama's Nobel Peace Price and Saudi Arabia's headship of the UN Chair of Human Rights panel, I predict they will push their agenda even further.

As for sanctions, we all saw how the US and the EU turned a blind eye on Ukranian government's genocide against its own people (which is ongoing!) and put sanctions on Russia and Crimea for their "wrong" choice.
edit on JAmerica/Chicago23America/Chicago08Tueam40rdAmerica/Chicago by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Tbh im all for this until people start associating MALE circumcision with this and realize they are BOTH wrong. Mutilating infants or children is wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Someone should cut the head off his *probably tiny* penis and see how he likes it.

Does to have a small one make a man automatically a bad person today?

Isn't body shaming a bad thing for both gender?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ReVoLuTiOn76
I agree I think its pure sexism that fgm gets so much coverage but male circumcision is so accepted. Don't chop bits off your kids!

(post by rosexelex removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by rosexelex removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

I have to say that If women were not meant to be as they are then God would had made them without a clitoris. Any Christian Priest who supports this isnt a christian in anything BUT NAME ALONE.

That said I dont know of ANYWHERE in the bible of a WOMAN being Circumsized or mutilated like that. So to include all christians is not wise.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rosexelex
Load of old bollocks.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Christianity Islam Judaism, are all the same in that they have books written by men thousands of years ago who treated women like #. So they all have adherants today who think it gives them an excuse to be misogynistic assholes.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rosexelex
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Jewish rabbis love to circumsize boys as it gives them the chance to be pedophiles as they suck the cut penis 'to stop it bleeding!' But my Bible says keep away from blood.

Traditional circumcision according to Jewish belief is far more thorough that simply snipping off the foreskin. That's only part one of a three stage process! The glans of the penis must be fully exposed, involving the removal of the protective membrane that covers it and the mohel (Rabinnical surgeon) traditionally grows a little finger nail for this purpose.

Unsurprisingly, it can be quite bloody and so the mohel may staunch the flow of the baby's blood and cleanse the wound by 'metzitzah': he takes a mouthful of alcohol and gargles it over the baby's penis, between his lips.

SO obviously theres no "sucking blood" involved. And Also ALOT of them now a days use a Glass tube so they dont even have to put their mouths down there anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join