It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common cold viruses originated in camels—just like MERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Everyone I assume gets the common cold every few years if not sooner.. Have you ever wondered where coronaviruses may have come from ? I found this an interesting finding about colds (no need to kiss a Camel) and the dreaded MERS virus which was in the news last year. Consider this a information type thread.... Also the article says a MERS vaccine goes on trial next year.. I hope it works for MERS is a serious life threatening virus...

“In our MERS investigations we examined about 1,000 camels for coronaviruses and were surprised to find pathogens that are related to ‘HCoV-229E’, the human common cold virus, in almost six percent of the cases,” says Drosten. Further comparative molecular genetic analysis of common cold viruses in bats, humans and dromedaries suggests that this common cold virus was actually transmitted from camels to humans.

www.dzif.de...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Is it possible that we give the virus to the camels?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is it possible that we give the virus to the camels?

Considering camels seem to be most prevalent in the mid-east no telling what has gone on ?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Think that's interesting? You should look into diseases that originate in bats. Ebola, Marburg, and some other nasty nasty bugs. Or look at the diseases carried by mosquitoes. And bats eat mosquitoes. So do you want flying creatures with Ebola or zika in your backyard? I want to live in a mosquito net and never leave my house lol!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Everyone I assume gets the common cold every few years if not sooner

Not now I'm making my own liposomal vitamin C.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join