It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help understand a recurring dream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It's intriguing that your dreams link and that it is the same house every time.

Mine is always a different place.

You should 'ask' to have it again and have a chance to keep exploring.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have had a few dreams like this where I have come across a new house, or domicile that has no furniture, but the layout is very similar. Only I don't have various art pieces speckled across the house. Instead my houses has no stairs, but several levels to them that require you to climb up into.

I even had one dream where I explored an entire house... But I kept trying to figure out how to get to the top portion. Then I found it inside of a garage. Once I climbed up I noticed there was an awning, or a railing surrounding a hole to the bottom floor, however the stairs were missing. Like they forgot to add in stairs completely to the blueprints at all. It made me feel like "wow... No one would ever want to try and get up here.

Another one I had I explored a split level house and got locked inside by my mother and my sister. I was stuck with my illegal ex brother in law.

But I think you really must enjoy finding or looking at brand new places to live.

I am no expert, nor do I have any practise other than lucid dreaming. But depending on whether you feel a certain awe about each place or not may just tell you something about yourself.

I don't think it is anything negative unless you view it that way but it could be your discovery of unique living ideas that no one else could ever imagine. Maybe it could mean you should become a part of housing designs. Something that doesn't cost a lot to achieve but shows off some artistic endeavors deep inside.

But hey... It takes a lot of work.

That is just my thoughts on your dreams.

Keep dreaming stuff up like it and start trying to write down, or better yet recreate certain images you saw in your dream. The more you attempt to try this the better you will be able to recall it from memory. All it takes is trying to do this every single time you wake up.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I ask, but so far it's remained random. The reason I know it's the same house every time is that I start off either in the same place I was last, or I'll be in front of another door but I can turn around and see the place I was behind me.

It also smells the same...like the delicious scent of really old books mixed with lemon furniture polish. Oh and in the front foyer, there was a grandfather clock. It is enormous, and can be heard all through the house when it chimes...which sometimes happens multiple times in one visit.

I'll be totally jazzed if I end up having the dream after discussing it. It's been a very long time since I was there.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Please let us know if you do!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

It's interesting, I have had a dream similar to yours where I was inside of another persons house, and in the back of my mind is always the feeling of not getting caught but for some reason I still felt compelled to go inside.

I never had one where I got caught red handed though. In one I remember I felt a strange sensation and I trusted the instinct and left, when I made it outside back to "neutral territory" I saw the houses owner, this person was running back to the house as if they knew someone was in there, we locked eyes, and it was as if we had an understanding that we each knew I was in there but since I wasn't caught red handed that person couldn't really call me out on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

As others said, the house is your mind, the water, for me its always a gateway to another place, or to go to deeper state of sleep, or to wake up.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I remember hearing that in dreams, a house represents you. Your body, or mind, or maybe both? Im not sure but probably at least primarily the mind. You found some hidden parts of your mind "where you can relax...". Makes sense to me. The other stuff im not too sure of, but maybe you can figure some things out onn your own by looking at it from this perspective.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

"Many times there are even fountains or fancy water decorations (like fountains, but not sure quite how to explain them.) There is usually some kind of decorative purpose to running water in these dreams. Sometimes there is a small artificial waterfall for example. "

For me, almost invariably, when I 'm having a dream concerning water, I wake up
and find that I have to go pee.

I don't have a problem with that. After all it's quite possible that my whiz water was once part
of a beautiful waterfall or some rich man's fountain. And it will be again after I finish urinating.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

Knew someone would post a urination angle

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I found this through Tigertatzen so I thank her for that. The strange thing is, not 10 hours ago I used a word that I maybe use once a year or so, in a thread, that I will now have to use again. Very outstanding in terms of "connections"..

I have the reoccuring dream of a big complex, build into the side of a hill. At the top it´s all nice and country-barn style with green gras and apple trees. Further down it get´s more complex, flat, hard and cold. Dystopian architecture if you think of it. There´s always a white boomerang* with two red stripes on one side of the wing vertically standing in the sky. I or we(other people I know) are almost everytime in some kind of hiding from it. Those are very lucid dreams with smell and heat/cold, I´m normally not a lucid dreamer, never was but sometimes I get into this exact dream, again and again.
I can smell the warm moist summer air standing in the gras, everything is silent but crickets...I can smell the sweet odor of old woodwork like being in the top floor of a barn, dusty and sweet. It freaks me out everytime.
edit on 27-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here is what I see in your dream:

The house is your mind. You mention that sometimes it's yours, other times it's not and you are a guest. I see this reveals that sometimes you feel in control of your mind other times not. You are a deep thinker and that's why you are searching and the more you search the more you realize there is more you don't know. You have filled your mind with many different thoughts and beliefs, the old represents the things that don't work well and the modern newer things are the good things. Some things are just straight weird and really should be changed or removed.

One thing that stuck out of your dream the most to me was that there were no windows or views to outside. This tells me that you are probably a person who keeps to themselves because no windows mean nobody else can look inside the house. You are probably a person who has invested a lot in studies and reading into the deeper things of life. You probably keep to yourself quite well. And having the house purely dependent on artificial light and not natural light, tells me you are probably not religious and depend on alternative teachings.

The water parts of your dream tell me that you have valuable source (maybe friends or family) in your life that you go to for guidance and support. The bathroom is where we do personal things and maintenance.

Sow why is God giving you this repeat dream and what is he trying to say I think? It's the state of your current mind. I believe it's a message to you to genuinely open up your life more to others around you. And as we all must do, try to get rid of the things in your life that just aren't working, the old things, focus on the new things, the good things that work well.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Brother682 because: added more

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Weird coincidence, I've been having a recurring house exploration dream lately, too, but I attributed it to playing a little too much of one of my MMOs. It definitely has played a major role in the appearance/decor/layout, if nothing else.

For those familiar with it, my in-dream house is made up of rooms from the Orokin Towers from Warframe (sans any Neural Sentry-controlled Corrupted running around) For those unfamiliar, think very ornate & spacious rooms. I just wander around. Neither aimlessly, nor with purpose. I just...wander. If I find an unfamiliar room, I examine it before moving on. If it's familiar, I look around real quick before moving along. I'm well aware that I live there in the dream, alone. It's not a bad or foreboding feeling, nothing negative, it's just...home. Lol, I don't know how else to explain that. A neutral sense of home, I suppose, and living alone also feeling neutral.

A lot of wandering, and emotionally neutral looking around. Writing it out, it seems a little weird. I usually have significantly more adventure-heavy dreams compared to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join