It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Raid of All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I found this today and thought I would share. Many of you history buffs may have heard or read about this before yet it is new to me. I love discovering stories of bravery in the face of great odds.

The video details the history of somewhat obscure confrontations and the largest airborne drop in WW2.

edit on 20-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Great story, great effort but greatest raid of all

There were the Japs at Pearl Harbor, Germany into France and Belgium, DDay landing was pretty reasonable for a raid
Though I am just being a little picky, great story

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Great story, great effort but greatest raid of all

There were the Japs at Pearl Harbor, Germany into France and Belgium, DDay landing was pretty reasonable for a raid
Though I am just being a little picky, great story

I am a little picky too.. Genghis Khan was no slouch in the raiding department and he certainly had the conquered territories to prove it. Alexander's conquest..... and Rome in its' day.... not to mention many others conducted successful raids and lived to tell about them; "greatest raid of all" needs to get to the back of the line IMO

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Clarksons series on WW2 and on Invention that Changed the World are pretty good, especially if you are already used to him on Top Gear.

I know more about Europe and the World from Top Gear than anything else.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Clarksons series on WW2 and on Invention that Changed the World are pretty good, especially if you are already used to him on Top Gear.

I know more about Europe and the World from Top Gear than anything else.

top topics

join