It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump senior aide Manafort resigns after being pushed aside

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Indigo5

Trump doesn't pay people for bad jobs remember? lol

Oh hell...I am 110% certain that true to Trump's style, after he loses everyone associated with his campaign will get stiffed for what ever money they are owed.

But right now? He has very likely signed exit docs with Manafort promising him a bonus if he keeps his mouth shut until after election day. That's the way it works.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

I asked for links that prove your claim. The OP link doesn't suggest any Clinton ties with Russia, I think you need to re-read. See Manafort was acting on the pro-Russia side. Tony Podesta was lobbying on behalf of European interests. You get the difference?

observer.com...

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wonder what impact this will have - not quite sure.
On the face of it, it portrays disorganisation to be constantly changing campaign leads.
On the other had, it's a good to quickly get rid of the Manafort distraction.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Speculation....

The best is yet to come, don't forget that Trump also hired Roger Ailes. Now with a confederacy of dunces watch the total disintergration of campaign Donald into a massive sexual scandal.
There is also a negative side....

Best show in town.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I doubt he'll be the only one either, I think this is going to be huge.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sure as hell proves Trump is not vetting who he hires. If he'd looked into Manafort's back ground At All, he'd known to steer clear of him.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

"Quickly"? That's pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: AboveBoard

He may not have a choice about what he discloses, there's some very serious implications and I'm guessing a massive rabbit hole that ends in the Kremlin.

All politics aside...

Manafort is involved in an emerging legal case in the Cayman Isles around the shell corporation he set up for one of Putin's close cronies/Russian Billionaire.

It was also revealed yesterday he set up payments for the Former Ukrainian PM/Deposed/Putins puppet to pay US Lobbying firms while skirting disclosing themselves as agents of a foreign government.

Plus the open investigation in Ukraine around Manafort being on the off-the-books payola records...

It goes on and on..he is likely going to be visited by the FBI in the next few weeks once they have their ducks in a row.

Oh I'm aware he's up a creek...and he's always been quite a scary piece of work. He and his firm have their fingers in many intriguing things far back in American politics, as well as foreign.

(Ugh. I am sick today so I am struggling with doing research like I normally would. Sorry. Normally I take the time to link stuff...I should probably stop posting until I feel better!)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sides do not matter. It was a transfer of money. You can write it off though like the press...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sure as hell proves Trump is not vetting who he hires. If he'd looked into Manafort's back ground At All, he'd known to steer clear of him.

You said it. And his response to the Manafort crisis is to bring in Stephen Bannon. By the time that crap hits the fan it should be about 30 days to the election.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

The Manafort distraction happened recently and now he is gone. One wonders whether Hillary will act to break with her campaign manager. We'll see...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Don't assume. Someone actually provided a decent link and I'm reading up on it now. For the second time in one thread, I'm not voting for Hillary. Get. A. New. Argument.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The Manafort distraction happened recently ..

You guys must use a different calendar in the U.K.

One wonders whether Hillary will act to break with her campaign manager. We'll see...

Why would she need to break with Robbie Mook?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The Manafort distraction happened recently and now he is gone.

But seriously, they handled Manafort the same way they handled Lewandowski: Let it all fester for a long time in the news and then end the whole thing messily with no accountability from anyone.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The Manafort distraction happened recently ..

You guys must use a different calendar in the U.K.

One wonders whether Hillary will act to break with her campaign manager. We'll see...

Why would she need to break with Robbie Mook?

I saw stories of the Ukraine issue and $12m pop up just days ago. Prior to that there was not much distraction at all.

Excuse me - I meant chairman, the equivalent position to Manafort.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Manafort is likely going to hit with not registering as a foreign agent charges soon. The last thing you want is the guy who has been running you campaign and helping you craft your positions being called a foreign agent. It will still look bad when it happens but, not near as bad if he was still their. You have wonder now if this guy had been feeding Trump some of his more lunatic ideas that would be devastating to the US like building the wall, leaving NATO, killing the families of terrorists, suggesting Japan and Korea get nukes, letting Russia have Crimea, his entire plan on trade etc.

It is good this guy is gone but, now he has these other advisers one who called Obama a half breed and head negro in charge and the other who seems to have a history of anti antisemitism and holocaust denial. He needs to cut them now and then actually vet everybody else because these are the things that get headlines.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Manafort distraction happened recently and now he is gone.

But seriously, they handled Manafort the same way they handled Lewandowski: Let it all fester for a long time in the news and then end the whole thing messily with no accountability from anyone.

Er no. The story about the $12m and Manafort broke less than a week ago. It's that distraction that has led to his departure. Prior to that it was just rumour and a few people making comments here and there, but certainly not a campaign distraction. Actually Lewondowski should probably never have been let go. Now I think that was a mistake.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Here is a reply for you to look up...John Smith.

By the way, what has Hillary built? Check out the stats on her family getting rich off Haiti. You can look it up. It is good exercise for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Manafort is likely going to hit with not registering as a foreign agent charges soon. The last thing you want is the guy who has been running you campaign and helping you craft your positions being called a foreign agent. It will still look bad when it happens but, not near as bad if he was still their. You have wonder now if this guy had been feeding Trump some of his more lunatic ideas that would be devastating to the US like building the wall, leaving NATO, killing the families of terrorists, suggesting Japan and Korea get nukes, letting Russia have Crimea, his entire plan on trade etc.

It is good this guy is gone but, now he has these other advisers one who called Obama a half breed and head negro in charge and the other who seems to have a history of anti antisemitism and holocaust denial. He needs to cut them now and then actually vet everybody else because these are the things that get headlines.

Lol where do you get this stuff from?!
It's always an entertaining read but come on, man!

But, for fun:

Wall came before Manafort.
Trump never said he wanted to leave NATO.
Trump never said he wanted to kill families of terrorists
Trump never said he wanted Japan and Korea to get nukes
Trump never said he wanted to let Russia have Crimea
He has been talking about Trade and the need to fight back against China for 30 years

Are you talking about Katrina Pierson's comments about Obama?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The Manafort/Ukraine story has been in the news for at least a month. It the people running this campaign were competent they would have vetted the story and dropped him long ago.

LINK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join