It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Visual Artist / Art trader but my business is suppressed by bigbrother

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Why not show us some examples.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm The Prince of Green Gallery and John Vandergalien is me

www.artfinder.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

It's very niche. That's why you aren't raking in the money; it's not big brother. Art is about doing what you love, it's not something 99% of artists can support themselves doing.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

most artists have done the art academy, take Jack de Deugd for instance he really makes what he himself invented "cryptorealism" has done the art academy in The Hague, with some really good maestros. He is the most technical painter can paint like the Old Dutch Masters of the Golden Age. Some have done Willem de Kooning art academy in Rotterdam, take Vera Harmsen see is the most creative and "academic" artist I have, she has done Willem de Kooning

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I am an artist in the U.S. From statistics here, only 20% of the population owns original art, I don't know what the percentages are where you are from. You have to target your market. Who can afford it, and are they willing to take a chance on an unknown artist? How is your pricing? Too high, too low?

No matter where you live, this is a tough business. I do about 10-12 shows a year and I'm in my fifth year of business. I am just now starting to build a decent client base. Unless you are the .002% of those lucky enough to catch the eye of a serious consultant/gallery, you are most likely going to have a tough time. I know some truly talented and gifted artists that struggle to make a living at what they do. I swear this is just like trying to be a professional athlete or musician, your odd aren't great, and you will have to do a lot more than have an online presence.

Not trying to discourage you, just trying to be real. If you really want it, you have a lot of work to do besides just making the art.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: artnut

Thanks!

I'm such a dumb .... I thought ARTFINDER!!! is enough
however I can do occasional art fair, I myself have 7 pieces in a startup popup gallery (you know what that is? popup?) and I can do some Facebooking (I have made one sale in a year through Facebook, sold 40 pieces in total in one year, of my own art prints for $50 per piece, only to friends and family, never from the artists I represent, OK they hardly sell themselves) Indeed tough business

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Death. Before you take me I beg of you: look into my eyes. See the fires and darkness which forged my soul. See all those mysteries which fell under my diligence. Death - forget not that you are my final mystery; and I have survived you before. I beg of you; do the smart thing - run away.

COOL - UNCOOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join