It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s How “President Hillary” Will Destroy Your Gun Rights ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: primespickle
Ok, so why don't you form an insurgency to stop the government from doing this?

All you gun owners complain a lot, but never do anything to actually stop it. If you were given the right to bear arms to form a militia to protect yourself from a tyrannical government, now is your chance.

Or are you all bark and no bite?

Pretty sure that right was taken away from the US long ago...

Now such things are considered terrorism...

They were considered terrorists the first time round as well. Plenty of Americans were pro-British during that war.

The 2A was meant to serve, among other things, as a warning to government not to even try any shenanigans.

Well, the government keeps trying and nothing happens.

Which is good in some ways - nobody wants an internal war - but sad that people are so ready to give up something that so many died to earn.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: Akragon

An insurgency is as illegal as it gets. You can't overthrow the government legally.

Actually, very wrong and misses an important point. It's only illegal if you lose.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Obamacare is already damaging the economy and hitting the working class tax payer, with all the unexpected expenses that Mr. Obama didn't wanted the public to know right away.

All you have to do is check in places like my neck of the woods where medicare is already in financial problems with the providers.

This things and more are not allow to make it into the media for now due to election propaganda.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To those of you who think the votes are going to stop it from happening, please reference any statistic about voting fraud. The goobers make the votes up if they have to- the dubyuh election was a fine example of that.

as for obamacare, which seems to be a hot topic in this thread about how the pantsuit lady will further the agenda of disarming the american people... it's all around bad news for the average tax payer. Anyone working for small business lost their good insurance when that came around- and many of us had to up and quit going to doctors, because now that everyone has insurance the cost of healthcare has gone up- but the quality of insurance has gone down.

As for pantsuit and her hatred of an armed population, all you have to do is open your eyes. Why would you need someone to show you actual words out of her mouth? This isn't ABC news, feed your brain.
Here are some links, with plenty of direct quotes. Take your pick.
one
two
three
four

All four hits were from the first page of results from a search engine when queried for "clinton direct quotes about firearms"

How it's possible there are people who claim to support her but have no idea that she's against the second is beyond me.
Ban guns from governments, not people.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And then they do go after guns, but fail at every attempt.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gun owner here. I've been listening and reading about this crap for eight long years, and it's just as much bs now as it was in 2008 when the entire country put a run on guns and ammo that profits skyrocketed while nothing happened in regards to gun control.

It's the biggest non-issue of this and every Presidential election.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hillary's actual stand on Guns is posted on her website.

In case anyone wants facts.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Hillary's actual stand on Guns is posted on her website.

In case anyone wants facts.

Yup.

Just about confirms all the suspicions.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

They also claimed that Obamacare was going to virtually
destroy private payer healthcare, and Medicare.

And they were right....

Really? Because as recently as this past June I just renewed my company's healthcare plan for the next year and it wasn't the ACA version.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

www.hillaryclinton.com...

I believe weapons of war have no place on our streets. We may have our disagreements on gun safety regulations, but we should all be able to agree on a few things. If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you shouldn’t be able to just go buy a gun with no questions asked. You shouldn’t be able to exploit loopholes and evade criminal background checks by buying online or at a gun show. And yes, if you’re too dangerous to get on a plane, you are too dangerous to buy a gun in America. Hillary, June 13, 2016

The above statement chosen to represent her views on the second amendment are cringe worthy.
Who is she to tell me what I should be able to agree with her about? She does not know what is best for everyone.
Whether the fbi is watching someone or not, noone can go buy a gun "with no questions asked". She is full of crap. She asks for common ground to agree on then starts her rant from a position of dishonesty. Why should I be surprised she lies about everything else why not lie and pretend there are not already laws preventing felons and those with mental illness from buying guns. Then she moves on to the precrime portion of her plan. No 2nd amendment rights, no first amendment rights, no 4th amendment rights, no 5th amendment rights, and no 14th amendment rights.
Even the ACLU sent congress a letter stating:

We believe that the right to own and use guns is not absolute or free from government regulation since firearms are inherently dangerous instrumentalities and their use, unlike other activities protected by the Bill of Rights, can inflict serious bodily injury or death. Therefore, firearms are subject to reasonable regulation in the interests of public safety, crime prevention, maintaining the peace, environmental protection, and public health. At the same time, regulation of firearms and individual gun ownership or use must be consistent with civil liberties principles, such as due process, equal protection, freedom from unlawful searches, and privacy.

Cause the ACLU isn't a liberal leaning organization or anything.

For any of Hillarys supporters to claim she is not out to take away americans civil liberties is just an outright lie. That or someone made a "mistake" when quoting her on her own website.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

How's it damaging the economy when the economy is doing better after it was passed than before it was implemented? Things like the stock market indexes and the unemployment rate contradict your claim, with each being roughly twice as good as they were before the law passed.

ACA/Obamacare passed in March 2010

Unemployment Rate March 2010: 9.7% (HERE)
S&P 500 in March 2010: 1,152.05 (HERE)
NASDAQ in March 2010: 2,247.40 (enter the date HERE)
Dow index in March 2010: 10,927.07 (HERE)

Unemployment Rate now: 4.9%
S&P 500 on Aug 17th, 2016: 2,182.22
NASDAQ now: 5,228.44
Dow index now: 18,564.38

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

1. Show me the stats. The other claims I've seen in this thread has been contradicted by actual stats, so forgive me for not taking you at your word.

2. Even if it were true, is it because more people have access to healthcare or because our country's obesity levels, high blood pressure levels, and diabetes levels are generally increasing? In other words, is it the ACA/Obamacare's fault, the fault of people who refuse to eat and live healthy, or other reasons (like the dramatic increase in deaths from overdoses of illegal and prescription drugs)?

Cancers and heart disease kill more than 1.2 million Americans every year (HERE). In fact, here are the top 10 killers of Americans per year (from the same link):
• Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

How is having more people covered by healthcare in anyway related to people dying faster from these? If anything, the millions of Americans who wouldn't have healthcare without the ACA/Obamacare would be at even more risk without the ACA/Obamacare.

ETA: In fact, here's a link from this April that discusses your claim.

This unusual down-tick in life expectancy -- from 81.2 to 81.1 years -- is consistent with other research showing that drug overdoses, suicides and diseases related to smoking and heavy drinking are killing unprecedented numbers of white Americans, particularly women in mid-life.

How is that the ACA/Obamacare's fault? And from the same link:

Amid the bleak news for whites have been the improving numbers for African Americans and Hispanics, the new study indicates. Hispanic life expectancy rose from 81.6 to 81.8 years between 2013 and 2014; gains were seen for both males and females. Life expectancy for blacks rose from 75.1 to 75.2 years, driven by a particularly large jump among black males, from 71.8 to 72.2 years.

"The gap between the white and black populations is quickly closing, and it's mainly because the black population is experiencing a great drop in mortality," said Arias, who authored the accompanying brief.

edit on 18-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I noticed you failed to mention the number 3 cause of death, with deaths increasing every year at an alarming rate.

Maybe it's mostly the ACA, I could see life expectancy going back up when the state mandates healthy lifestyles, to save on the state run healthcare costs. So, you are suggesting some kind of fat tax? Maybe outlaw unhealthy foods?

A study by researchers at Johns Hopkins Medicine says medical errors should rank as the third leading cause of death in the United States — and highlights how shortcomings in tracking vital statistics may hinder research and keep the problem out of the public eye.

NPR
edit on 19-8-2016 by GodEmperor because: sp

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That's for rubes, not actual gun law descriptions or processes of purchase ,YOU MAY recall we have ALREADY told you, the facts of buying guns AD INFINITUM and you are still wrongly accepting such a bogus description.
HAVE to fill out a legal form at all gun shows our they are criminals and won't sell again.
KIND of a STUPID thing, spending thousands of dollars to get an FFL then sell black market.
Ii's NOT done at gun shows as all sellers are licensed.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Your opinion, perspective, theory is as good or bad as anyone else's.

Doesn't mean you're right, doesn't mean you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No NOT my perspective ,the laws and how the industry interprets them in 2016.
If your family wants to GIVE you a gun you STILL have to transfer it or ,as of 2003 ,its against the law and ALL straw purchases are.
I would expect you to remember this when some moron ...ANY moron mentions A LOOPHOLE there isn't one.
JUST the black market NOT to mention I have also already TOTALLY informed this forum of the fallacy of the governments immunity to us.
I realized Progs are behind the curve about exactly HOW good we Ex-military really are.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
So much so ,your best guesses are little more than insulting jokes.
We aren't shooting now because it isn't time yet, after all how many people offed each other in Chicago last week?
THAT is a DNC gun controlled S##T hole if I ever saw one as are MOST democratic efforts lately,and YOU want that to national...we cut that S##T off every time.
WE use the black rifles,with 30 Rd mags bayonets and folding stocks as WE so choose, you don't HAVE to buy any if you don't want.
edit on 20-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

No NOT my perspective ,the laws and how the industry interprets them in 2016.

Perspective from all the way around.

Including what's acceptable limits. Or not.

I am a gun owner. I've followed all sides of this for many years. I know all the arguments.

I am not of the 100% all guns OK club.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I know ,it's holding up the globalists...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I know ,it's holding up the globalists...

Has nothing to do with working together as one world.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

No it doesn't.
It has to do with preserving a exceptional America to LEAD the world out of this mess the moron in chief has fermented and blowing off Globalism as the current crop of humans can't do it,without going corrupt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join