It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are needs weaknesses?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The choice to ignore the suffering of others' is not the road to happiness for me.

I have seen many people i believed to be suffering - I have helped them with money etc and guess what they are a bottomless pit! It is impossible to 'help' people. Be nice to people and they then dump their emotional sh1t all over you - they want to be carried.
What do you do to help?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The choice to ignore the suffering of others' is not the road to happiness for me.

But who is really suffering??

The only thing that you cannot deny is your own existence - if your existence is suffering then surely that needs sorting out first. How effective can you be at removing suffering from the world if you are in the same condition. Look at it this way - if I was suffering and wanted a cure for my suffering I wouldn't go to get relief from suffering from someone who cannot cure even themselves.

I am not suffering, I am allowing love and compassion in my heart, there is a difference. An acceptance of collective reality.
edit on 16-8-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I have seen many people i believed to be suffering - I have helped them with money etc and guess what they are a bottomless pit! It is impossible to 'help' people. Be nice to people and they then dump their emotional sh1t all over you - they want to be carried.
What do you do to help?

I give only what I am able to give. Right now that is offering a roof over three people's heads.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I have given and given and have found that people are very needy. I helped someone who was in trouble with money and because they no longer had money problems (they just owe me now) they went out and bought a big car on finance - big insurance bills each month to. So really what i did was enable them to get into more trouble - maybe I actually increased their suffering as they owe even more now.
I have taken and friends have taken people in and they never pay their way and become lazier - it is then realised why they are in a mess in the first place.
You can never actually help anyone. Yes - you can feel compassion for them but you cannot stop someone elses suffering.

Did you hear about the kind monkey who scooped the fish out of the water to save him from drowning?

edit on 16-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I have given and given and have found that people are very needy. I helped someone who was in trouble with money and because they no longer had money problems (they just owe me now) they went out and bought a big car on finance - big insurance bills each month to. So really what i did was enable them to get into more trouble - maybe I actually increased their suffering as they owe even more now.
I have taken and friends have taken people in and they never pay their way and become lazier - it is then realised why they are in a mess in the first place.
You can never actually help anyone. Yes - you can feel compassion for them but you cannot stop someone elses suffering.

Did you hear about the kind monkey who scooped the fish out of the water to save him from drowning?

Why don't you let it go? Let your generosity and compassion feed your soul.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Do you believe that you can stop others suffering?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I most certainly do only because I can experience it happening right now. But your need to be repaid and expectations of others seems to be a weakness to you.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Here is the full ancient Egyptian proverb:

"The kingdom of heaven is within you, and whosoever shall know himself shall find it." Source

If you know yourself as the space in which everything is appearing instead of a separate thing appearing in the space - you will know that all that appears cannot appear without you.
You are heaven and nothing can appear outside the kingdom.

In Hinduism and Buddhism, I'm of the opinion that needs can only be seen as a negative as well.

Once again, the belief is that the most a human being can achieve is the absence of needs.

The idea that you are a person, a separate thing must go for the end of needs to go. When it has been found that everything that appears is simply just happening there will be no individual suffering.
Suffering might appear but it does not belong to anyone. Everything and anything can appear in the unconditional space of awareness - that is what makes it unconditional.

Do you have any thoughts about this post?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I most certainly do only because I can experience it happening right now. But your need to be repaid and expectations of others seems to be a weakness to you.

No i have no expectation to be repaid - i give as gift and if i get it returned then that is what happens - they promise to pay and inwardly i smile and say maybe. I help with what I can but it will never actually make any difference - however it keeps happening - it is just what happens - until it doesn't.
I see the show but do not have any control over it. Scorpions are scorpians and humans are humans - both are creatures who just do what they do because they are what they are!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Not quite, because our environment makes or shapes our behaviours - it is called adaptation.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Not quite, because our environment makes or shapes our behaviours - it is called adaptation.

Is it your environment that makes you believe there is something missing? Or is it a thought? A belief? Or a feeling?
Maybe it is just a human habit?
To feel discontent is to be an individual.
To be divided from what is real is what the mind can seem to produce. Sensation - seeing, hearing, tasting touching - happens presently. But the mind is not concerned with what is present - it cannot do anything with it - it likes to pretend it can do something. But the mind cannot do anything with the past or the future or with now.
Now is what is happening - no mind, no one, has done now. All is done now - who sees this?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Is it your environment that makes you believe there is something missing? Or is it a thought? A belief? Or a feeling?
Maybe it is just a human habit?
To feel discontent is to be an individual.
To be divided from what is real is what the mind can seem to produce. Sensation - seeing, hearing, tasting touching - happens presently. But the mind is not concerned with what is present - it cannot do anything with it - it likes to pretend it can do something. But the mind cannot do anything with the past or the future or with now.
Now is what is happening - no mind, no one, has done now. All is done now - who sees this?

Chaos can never be done and since we reside within its tendrils, the mind may need to bring order to this physical and mind-blowing reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Do you think that the mind can change now (make now different)? Or can it be recognised that the mind (thoughts) appears now unconditionally?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Do you think that the mind can change now (make now different)? Or can it be recognised that the mind (thoughts) appears now unconditionally?

Can the belief that mind over matter become a reality? Is that what you are wondering?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No not at all. I am asking - do you think now can be different?

Can it be noticed that until a thought happens it cannot be known?

This moment arises as what it arises as - no one does thinking.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Alternatively, the now can be changed with a thought and the outcome known beforehand.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Alternatively, the now can be changed with a thought and the outcome known beforehand.

What is happening is happening - it cannot be changed!!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"Needs" are literally just conditions of our Earthly existence. They're neither strengths nor weaknesses. It can be argued that "wants" are weaknesses, but that's a different conversation altogether.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The thing is - you can never observe yourself - you are what is seeing.

I think I know what you are saying, like the observer is you and you cannot see the observer, but that is not what I ma saying.

There is the body - you can observe it and see what it is doing, there is the mind and thoughts (objects of the mind), feelings. You can observe those things, and learn / gain understanding from those things; or know yourself so to speak. Hey, your the one that posted it.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
There is the body - you can observe it and see what it is doing, there is the mind and thoughts (objects of the mind), feelings. You can observe those things, and learn / gain understanding from those things; or know yourself so to speak. Hey, your the one that posted it.

The body is of the appearance - the thoughts are of the appearance - both body and mind appear to what?
The body/mind is not you!!!
You are what is seeing and knowing what appears.

It is no different from watching a movie - when you go to see a movie can you change what appears on the screen?

Know thyself as no particular thing that appears - know thyself as the screen on which the entire appearance appears on.
You are the screen of awareness - you are not in control of any particular thing that appears.

edit on 17-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join