It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Poltergeist' and 'levitating dog' baffles Scottish Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: Kandinsky

Since you are open-minded, what's your take on this guy's 30 year experience with demonic possession?

Ivy League Trained Psychiatrist's 30 Year Experience With Demonic Possession

P.S. I had intentions of making this guy's story a thread in-of-self, but procrastination got the better part of me

Could someone synopsize that article and give the doc's name if possible? It's behind a paywall and I've already looked at my month's share of articles...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

MaxHeadroomIncident...
nice name/avatar lol

_

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
All the videos of this happening taken by the mother, the teenager, and the (at least) 4 cops there is fascinating!

Er, oh, wait....

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: MrSpad

Selling a ghost story to whom?

Who even buys them?

I am very naive...

Checks bookshelf. Um...me! I love a good ghost story especially those claiming to be true

edit on 14-8-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhotepic

Do you have any faith to which you adhere? I'd like to know this first but if not I can tell you that no, they probably are not afraid of you at all. They just don't perceive you to be any kind of threat and they don't care to mess with you.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
You know, I think we all are truly skeptics of everything until we see for ourselves. However; in this case, the police give credence to the story for a couple of reasons. First, they are seaoned veterans who would not jeopordise their careers by reporting this unless they were absolutely sure. And second they would find every reason not to report something like this if at all possible.

That's how I see it as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Cool story!

It is always nice to have the boys in blue verify something freaky like that.
It helps to the credibility of hauntings and spirits in general.

s&f

Highly doubt it to be a hoax, but then,
you never know.
My thoughts on it is that just like police that report UFOs,
it is the same thing here,
no matter what, not everyone will believe it.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No. Stop.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

When I was about 4 years old I was sitting on an enclosed back porch in our house. Suddenly there was a sound like someone hitting the wall with a baseball bat, very loud, with such force that a picture on the wall was crooked. My mom came running in to investigate. Nothing fell in the room, there was NOTHING to make the sound, we went outside and it was quiet, no storm, no falling branches. That experience has always "haunted" me.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

That also sounds like a classical 'ghost' event. Loud bangs and stuff seeming to move etc. It's interesting because something has to create sound waves before we can 'hear' noises. Part of me has an inkling that the noises are often in our heads and I wonder if they're caused by something inside us or an external 'wtf?'

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: MrSpad

Selling a ghost story to whom?

Who even buys them?

I am very naive...

Checks bookshelf. Um...me! I love a good ghost story especially those claiming to be true

I start a new thread about the stuff I say.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Since you are open-minded, what's your take on this guy's 30 year experience with demonic possession?

Ivy League Trained Psychiatrist's 30 Year Experience With Demonic Possession

P.S. I had intentions of making this guy's story a thread in-of-self, but procrastination got the better part of me

Could someone synopsize that article and give the doc's name if possible? It's behind a paywall and I've already looked at my month's share of articles...

His name is Richard Gallagher and is a clinician at New York Medical College. A practicing psychiatrist. His claim is he is asked by the Holy Roman Catholic Church to distinguish between legit DSM certified mental illness and the real McCoy (demonic possession). He says outside of levitation, he has personally witnessed all the hallmarks of supernatural behaviors that accompany demonic possession. He ends the piece by saying that he knows the difference between crazy people and the real McCoy, and that science and faith can exist simaltaneously when studying this phenomenon. There's more but there's what you asked for. Hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhotepic

I have personally seen a ghost of some sort, only on one occasion (which is weird, as I tend to think of myself as a 'spiritually-minded' person).

I was homeless at the time, around fifteen years ago, and I was travelling around England, trying to find a place to call home, in a sense. I was in Oxford, and decided to get my head down in the outdoor porch of an old-English Anglican church.. Typical old stone construction, with a graveyard just beyond the path which ran around the porch. The porch was covered & had windbreaks on two sides, so it was a good enough shelter compared to sleeping out in the open.

As I get comfortable, I suddenly see a white figure move at a hellish-fast pace, weaving through the tombstones in the graveyard. It was so quick, like a streak of white just zipping through at a breakneck pace. It moved in a weird sort of jerky way, similar to the water ghosts in movies like The Grudge, The Ring, etc. Except it moved so quickly, and was white instead of dark. There was a really evil presence which just seemed to accompany it too - as soon as I saw it the hairs on the back of my neck went up, I must have turned pale in an instant.

Within two or three seconds it was gone, but it remains the singularly most frightening & immediately shocking thing I've experienced in my entire life (and I have a host of weird experiences which could rival any horror movie).

So yeah - ghosts, in my book, are real - in that they are real spiritual/ non-physical entities which are capable of manifesting in our dimensional reality, and seem to be aware of us, the inhabitants of ordinary spacetime. There could be a number of reasons for their existence, none of which I'm totally sure about - it's an enduring mystery.. I lean towards the idea that they are in some way trapped here, confined to exist in some sort of limbo state, a foot in each world so to speak. But what their ultimate destiny & purpose is, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

It'd be cool to hear more about those experiences if you're prepared to share them, of course.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In the world of physics it is possible to levitate any object including living creatures. The only restriction is that it requires a room sized superconducting magnetic coil cooled close to absolute zero in order to get a field strength of several Tesla (strong enough to pull a metal key out of your hand and propel it against a wall). But if this force were applied at the surface of the object then it would be much smaller.

I remember playing ghost hunter with my smartphone and found a point on my pillow that has a strength of 8000 micro-tesla at a distance of 20cm in every direction and orientation of the phone. Even recalibration didn't change anything. That point disappeared and then reappeared above head height in front of my window. Looking in all directions there wasn't a fleck of dust in the air.

I'd love to repeat this experiment. Could it have been a bit of magnetic dust from a a neodymium magnet?

link   
In the world of physics it is possible to levitate any object including living creatures. The only restriction is that it requires a room sized superconducting magnetic coil cooled close to absolute zero in order to get a field strength of several Tesla (strong enough to pull a metal key out of your hand and propel it against a wall). But if this force were applied at the surface of the object then it would be much smaller.

I remember playing ghost hunter with my smartphone and found a point on my pillow that has a strength of 8000 micro-tesla at a distance of 20cm in every direction and orientation of the phone. Even recalibration didn't change anything. That point disappeared and then reappeared above head height in front of my window. Looking in all directions there wasn't a fleck of dust in the air.

I'd love to repeat this experiment. Could it have been a bit of magnetic dust from a a neodymium magnet?

link   

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Several studies 40+ years ago . . . documented that MOST seasoned Pastors . . . almost of any flavor . . . are about as good at distinguishing craziness vs supernatural ugliness as psychiatrists/psychologists et al.

Actually, the typical seasoned Pastor from many denominations are likely BETTER than many, if not most psychiatrists & psychologists because, like many denominations that DENY the demonic supernatural, the Religion of Scientism psychiatrists and psychologists DENY such, typically, as well.

There is a problem with those pastors who belong to groups that DO NOT ALLOW for the reality of demonic realities--they are usually not that skilled in distinguishing that which they DENY. LOL. But the other groups do fine.

I just looked at my dissertation and I couldn't quickly find where those refs are . . . I have 20 PAGES of refs and I'm not going to read every one--particularly since I may not be able to tell from the ref title if it is the study, or not.

edit on 14/8/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

True science isn't a belief system, Bo ... I'd think you know that. But people do mess up their various operating systems.

That's the "problem" with approaching this stuff ... it is difficult to measure and thus people slap whatever agenda they have on the scant facts.

But the pig sure does look purty with that shade of lipstick!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yes and no.

As quantum mechanics indicates . . . there's no such thing as 100% pure objectivity. Mere observations distort "objective 'reality'. "

And our BELIEFS, VALUES

Determine a LOT of what we will ALLOW as valid evidence . . . as well as WHAT is exactly "logical" . . . and WHAT INFERENCES are ALLOWABLE . . . ETC. ETC.

Those basics are virtually true regardless of the value orientation--though some are more outrageous, chronically, than others.

In the case of the OP . . . the police verifying the strangeness . . . their construct systems

see:

webgrid.uvic.ca...

HAD to be permeable ENOUGH to allow for realities outside their common experience . . . yet stable and strong enough to not treat any fool thing as true. "Belief" is wrapped up in all our construct systems--whether acknowledged, or not.

It has been demonstrated that "SCIENCE" is a SET OF BELIEFS. For many people, one of those beliefs is that "SCIENCE" is the only route to TRULY TRUEST TRUTH etc. etc. etc.

But the hyper-objectivist can't deal well with the case in the OP. So, typically, all they can do is throw rocks at it.

edit on 14/8/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join