It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fugitive Edward Snowden Makes 'Thousands' From Speaking Fees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Seems to be some evidence that Edward $nowden is making money from speaking "appearances".

Big screen appearances.

He is holed up in Russia after defecting a couple years ago.

Now it looks like many organizations are interested in him.

And reports say he has made around $200,000 so far on the "big screens" !!

I wonder who is really "sponsoring" his "appearances" ?

Edward Snowden has reportedly earned $200,000 (£155,000) in speaking fees over the past year, despite being holed up in an undisclosed Russian location.

American investigative journalist Michael Isikoff says he earned the six figure sum for speeches via video link, which were arranged by a US major speaker bureau.

At least three of the speeches were hosted by public American universities, the report said.

related article...
CRIME PAYS FOR EXILED FORMER NSA CONTRACTOR: EDWARD SNOWDEN

edit on Aug-13-2016 by xuenchen because: now you see it now you don't

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

"In the last five months, a larger-than-life Snowden has appeared on giant screens to a sold-out audience at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, northern Europe's largest music festival, a symposium on surveillance and civil rights in Tokyo, and Comic-Con in San Diego.

"In all of these cases, as with most of his appearances, sympathetic crowds greeted him with thunderous applause and praise for his decision to leak classified documents to journalists about US surveillance programmes."

His lawyer Ben Wizner said there is "nothing remotely improper about Edward Snowden making a living by speaking to global audiences about surveillance and democracy".

So?

I'm really not understanding your (OP) comment off "who is REALLY sponsoring these events?"

Did you even bother to read the article?

It explicitly states WHO is sponsoring these events.

Brooklyn Academy of Music
Northern Europe's largest music festival
Comic-con
And a symposium of civil rights and surveillance in Tokyo

How nefarious of Snowden... lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That's a lengthy and condescending article that says nothing much.

Better than starving to death, I hope he makes much more in the coming months.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good. Thousands oh the horror. What happened to you praising people like him for leaks of dems?

And what is with you always asking questions answered right in your own source?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Seems to be some evidence that Edward $nowden is making money from speaking "appearances".

Big screen appearances.

He is holed up in Russia after defecting a couple years ago.

Now it looks like many organizations are interested in him.

And reports say he has made around $200,000 so far on the "big screens" !!

I wonder who is really "sponsoring" his "appearances" ?

Edward Snowden has reportedly earned $200,000 (£155,000) in speaking fees over the past year, despite being holed up in an undisclosed Russian location.

American investigative journalist Michael Isikoff says he earned the six figure sum for speeches via video link, which were arranged by a US major speaker bureau.

At least three of the speeches were hosted by public American universities, the report said.

related article...
CRIME PAYS FOR EXILED FORMER NSA CONTRACTOR: EDWARD SNOWDEN

Should Be Fugitive Hillary Clinton makes "Millions" From Speaking Fees!

Crime Pays For Ex-President And First Lady!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm sure he would rather live on Russian welfare which is 5 pounds of powdered cabbage soup, 5 gallons of vodka and a bucket full of snow per month.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'd rather see Snowden make money for speaking than Clinton, who has never been introduced to the truth.

Snowden has a right to make money too.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Man's gotta live , I don't see the problem with him making a living.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes at least he is earning his keep,instead of leeching off the systems,Bill Clinton gets 500k WTF does he have to say?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sure he may be a spy but who the hell knows, notwithstanding that...good for him--he deserves to make a good living. The man risked his life, career to expose wrongdoing by the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Posting so I can come back later, I just saw something pretty interesting.

Good OP Xu.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Clintons get millions to lie about everything including lying.

Snowden is one of the most fascinating and erudite thinkers and speakers in the world, and he's getting a fraction of the dollars of the Clinton Criminal Network.

The wrong people are being pushed on us for President. I wonder how many people here have listened to a Snowden presentation, especially the ones who are annoyed that he gets standing ovations.

I look forward to the day that Snowden can move freely around the world as the hero he is, and the Clintons are behind bars or executed for war crimes, crimes against the people, RICO charges and a dozen more, obvious, capital crimes.

PS: Trump is no better. His supporters should be sentenced to listening to him blather for 18 hours a day, seven days a week until they wise up.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well, how else is he gonna make a living? According to some conservative circles he works for the Russian gov't, sounds like a paying gig to me. Or, he doesn't work for the Russian govt and is probably not allowed to work in Russia either. So, speaking fees it is!

Either way, if our corrupt politicans and DOJ wouldn't be so die hard to put him prison for life he'd be back in the USA protected by the whistle blower law.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Evidently, he has taken a page from the Clinton play book.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This doesn't sound like xuen at all...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

I assumed he had been living off of bitcoin the entire time he's been on the run.

edit on 8/13/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone

really? are you sure...

anyways, we can name a myriad of characters who make bank by 'speaking'. look at past presidents, or people who claim they hang out with ETs or self help guru's or execs etc...

i would try to earn a living too if i was exiled for shedding light on corruption and all things despicable by my government, and changing the free world as we know it while making history.

i hope Snowden does ok for himself. his actions changed Policies and revealed how our freedom was being infringed

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We wouldn't know a fraction of what we do about the Government breaking the Constitution if it wasn't for him. Oh and check the news, no sightings or tweets of or from him since the fifth. He might have died for us, BTW his job was way more cushy before.
edit on 13-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone

Relax.

I'm just seeing if anyone can come up with a conspiracy with this.

I have no problem with Snowden or him getting some income off his endeavors.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is sad that what brought him to be called a fugitive, was calling out corruption in government, and it is the most hardened and corrupt people, like President Obama and Hillary Clinton, and even our quite corrupt GOP leaders, who sided with the Obama administration by calling Snowden a traitor, for blowing the whistle on illegal activity that the NSA was conducting on citizens who before didn't know it was happening. Up is down and down is up now though. He should be given the medal of valor for exposing the things he has exposed. I'm glad he is making good money doing it. It is a much more honest living than those he speaks about employ in their own day to day duties.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join