It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

only blacks allowed: students seek 'non-white' roomate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

There is no "myth" of race. Race is real, and it does effect how we behave.

i.sli.mg...

The wealthiest blacks commit more crimes than the POOREST whites.

White people and asians are underrepresented in all crimes, regardless of class.

Israel tests people genetically before letting them become citizens to prove they are jewish. We can tell a mummy's race based on genetic tests or even just bone structure. Anyone who says that the races aren't real is lying or ignorant.

Just look into the fixation index. Wolves are more closely related to domesticated dogs than white Europeans are to black Africans. But no one would dare expect a wolf to have the same temperament or IQ as a Pomeranian!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Im not a very bright man but it would seem to me that they are indeed racist and xenophobic exagerating reality to fit their masochistic warped sense of it. Its alnost like thos roomates are lookibg to pity themselves as victims any which way they can. Thats masochistic if theyre knowingly do it to themselves like it seems from their add and response to it would indicate.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OrneryIvory

and the storm approaches....

edit on 8/12/2016 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe if you had a black president

THINGS MIGHT CHANGE !.......errrm.

I'll get my coat .....

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I recently had a class under a young black professor. I would love to be half as intelligent, insightful, and imaginative as he is.

TheRedneck

edit on 8/12/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Seriously?

Yes, Yes, Yes...

I wish we had more expressive negative reply emoticons.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Why can't people just state their CHOICE without having to be LABELED as having some kind of phobic mindset? Perhaps their choice is simply that, a "choice", a desire, a want, a need...not a word ending in "phobic"!

When did it become necessary to label someone instead of taking a choice as a simple matter of fact? It's their choice...no more, no less. Instead, people seem to get some morbid satisfaction out of ripping a simple statement of choice to shreds or trying to find some deep, dark underlying meaning behind said choice, and then condeming, or accepting, the person according to whatever meaning someone attaches to that person's choice...whether there's a REAL, ulterior, unspoken meaning to their choice or not! Seriously, if I'm told someone is shopping for a sweater for me and I specify "nothing wool", does that mean I hate sheep? Or does it simply mean that I'd like something easy to take care for because it's the type garment I like? Why does/would the "meaning" behind my choice even matter to the purchaser? SHOULD it even matter? I know that's a but over simplified, but it's a truism! The same would apply if I were looking for a roommate. I would want someone who would fit my comfort zone requirements, and laying out the parameters first would cut down or eliminate any misunderstandings by potential roommates. Yes, no, in-between?

Am I just being naive, because I just DONT GET IT!!😭 😑. 😕
edit on 12-8-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I guess the last 200 years of hard work by a multitude of brave souls from all across the spectrum to end prejudices and indifferences in American society was all for nothing. they should have had your mentality and views... I wonder where we'd be. or what this thread would be like if the context was reversed. people lose their jobs these days for saying racially insensitive stuff on social media while some at a college institution are advocating racism and why its OK if it's from one specific group... always the same group of people. unreal.

Yes, I can only agree, since if the majority followed my
rational SLAVERY and it's subsequent problems as now
witnessed hundreds of years later would have never
existed.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

its not PC anything here.

what if you fell in love with a white female, would you deprive
yourself of love and be with a woman of color just because you
have some gripes against a skin color so much...
think about what you're saying.

I do not understand your cupid-shoots-you-in-the-ass fairtytale
conception of love. The only form of love that can override
personal choice and preference is a fantasy perpetrated by
Hollywood. Sir I think your conception of love is not reality.

you're misinterpreting the right to be with denying someone else's right to
be. so if a white student desperately needed a room to live or other would have
to drop out, it would be OK to deny that student the room based solely on skin color?

No person has the right to dictate what I can, or cannot do with
my own life. How can anyone possibly have a RIGHT in
contradiction of my own choice and preference?

that is the context here. you're trying to misconstrue the the debate
with the woman analogy. if you're attracted to x then you're attracted to x..
completely different from say denying your daughter to date a non black
because of skin color.

I have two daughters, now grown, and I've never denied them
any such thing. You're trying to imply a behavior that does not
follow my personal choice. It has absolutely nothing to do with
what my daughters or anyone else on the planet may choose.

Your argument is still trying to deny the individual his or her
personal choice, and then using sophistry to imply they
don't have a right to their choice. No one should be
vilified when they choose to live outside the ideas of
political correctness/egalitarian social science.

It's like the gentleman I was talking to who assumed
I was a democrat because I was a black man. He didn't
enjoy my reply, "Sorry, but God gave me a brain".

Your rational does exemplify our present culture and political
structure, that consistently passes legislation to limit and
deny personal choice of the individual.

I recommend the book A Conflict of Visions by Thomas Sowell.
His research makes it plain ideas such as multiculturalism have
done more harm than good for society and the individual.

edit on 8/12/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exceptions don't always disprove a rule.

a reply to: SLAYER69

Not an argument.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I agree in the grand scheme of life, the instance of which I wrote certainly isn't life-shattering. The OP's topic was similar enough that I shared another situation similar. I am not suggesting racism doesn't exist...my suggestion is racism does indeed exist among white AND black people, and obviously not all racism rises to the same level of harm. I see self-segregation as a form of racism, and it likely harms the individual engaging in it more than anyone else because it limits that person's experiences and ability to grow as a person. My kid got a double room with no roomate for an entire semester because of the situation, so it wasn't particularly negative for my child. I do think it is a shame for someone to limit his/her friends, or even potential friends, based on race or ethnicity. a reply to: kinglizard

edit on 12/8/2016 by xtradimensions because: Typo

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I actually don't see this as a problem (at least, if they drop the whole "survival" bit). Back when I was looking for a roommate in one of my larger apartments, I tended to stick to people of my own race not because I hated another person, but because they were who I was most compatible with.

Now, in regards to the reasoning - this whole thing about "existing" doesn't sound like the person has a lot of braincells. What they seem to lack in terms of comprehension is that just because some white guy wants to stay with them doesn't mean he's going to dominate anyone, or invoke some godly "white" privilege (hate the term IMO). He probably saw it as a place to stay, get to know someone.

My question for the guy that sparked this would be: Why did you stay where you weren't wanted? Find another place to live.

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This honestly doesn't bother me. That said, I do believe it should be acceptable for anyone to do this. If a group of females wish to have only female roomates, if a group of males wish to have only make roomates, if a group of Asians wish to have only Asian roomates, and yes, if a group of whites wish to have only white roomates, I sincerely think it's their business and their business alone. Let them live as they see fit, advertising for what they're looking for, and leave them be.

where doe it stops though?

what if a doctors only want to assist white patients, or shelter providing shelter to only hispanics etc...

this is a bad building block.

i dont agree with shoving diversity down a person's throat, but racism is racism, this is beyond because they are looking for people who listen to the same kind of music. and no, gender relations are far less complex than race relations, so i disagree with you on that note.

Who you share your home with is a bit different. My only problem is the double standard, blacks can do it but whites are racist if they do it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join