It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

only blacks allowed: students seek 'non-white' roomate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
we need to stop calling this BS 'reverse' racism, its just racism, and out right just ugly.
imagine if it was the other way around... just imagine.

Debate flares after black college students seek a non-white roommate

Three students at the Claremont colleges in Southern California were looking for a fourth this summer to join them in an off-campus house. They added a caveat in parentheses: “POC only,” they said, using a common abbreviation for people of color. When a classmate challenged that condition, the Pitzer College student who posted the notice on Facebook pushed back. “It’s exclusive [because] I don’t want to live with any white folks,” wrote Karé Ureña, who is black.

somewhere MLK is shaking his head.

of course SJW try to extrapolate some deep profound acceptable reason for this kind of behavior or mentality.

as if there arent enough biggots and racists already, youths and young students are being programmed to see some form of racism is acceptable vs others.
so according to this, its not the action that matters, its the origin that matters. i.e. racism from blacks, ok... every one else not ok.

“When and if you understand this context, it becomes clear that students of color seeking a living space that is all-POC is not only reasonable, but can be necessary,” they wrote to The Post. “We live in a world where the living circumstances of POC are grounded in racist social structures that we can not opt out of. These conditions threaten the minds, bodies and souls of people of color both within and without the realms of higher education. We are fighting to exist.”....

“Our people are being killed. Every which way, through every which angle. Our people are being killed. Our housing arrangements are not racist. They are not exclusive. We are simply fighting to exist and we are fighting to exist in whatever way we can.”

sourc e

edit on 12-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So as far as we as a society are past the racism curve and well into something else. How would we go about it? I'm genuinely interested on how to reverse the SJW damage.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No idea. I find it incredibly frustrating. Most of the US is trying to move past race, and for the most part, we've succeeded, and now we have all these nutters trying to keep the myth of race alive and well rather than working on moving on with the rest of us.

Fuel keeps getting thrown on the fire and for terrible reasons at that.

Every issue the BLM has is better fought as anti-corruption, and anti-drug war issue rather than a racial issue for example.
edit on 8/12/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I agree completely.

Maybe this is in my own head or city or region, but I thought we were past racism in the social sense. You'll always have people who have their own extreme opinions and views.

It's apparent that someone or somebodies want us at each others throats.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Oh it's very clear the divide and conquer strategy is alive and well and being implemented against us all for the betterment of psychopaths.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So knowing that is the first step. Then what? How do we get out of this as a society so we can work on more important things?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You can't, it's inevitable. TPTB will have their way one way or another. It's sad but true. Once everything has fallen apart, then the rebuilding can begin.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

If the scenario plays out as you describe, what would there be to rebuild?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The only chance is a mass awakening, which sadly seems to have to happen naturally, it can't be forced.

The most we can do is, continue speaking the truth and hope others see.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This honestly doesn't bother me. That said, I do believe it should be acceptable for anyone to do this. If a group of females wish to have only female roomates, if a group of males wish to have only make roomates, if a group of Asians wish to have only Asian roomates, and yes, if a group of whites wish to have only white roomates, I sincerely think it's their business and their business alone. Let them live as they see fit, advertising for what they're looking for, and leave them be.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I know a dude whose pretty fly for a white guy, always pays his rent too.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Allowed to? Sure I agree with that.

Self segregation and self perpetuating race as a good way to divide people is still retarded though.

And while I agree it should be allowed, so should calling people on it.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

its hard to say what the first step is.

i do believe there is something driving these sentiments to get uglier and uglier.

im floored. im annoyed and livid. the irony of segregation because of segregation as a form of solution makes my head spin. its an inflated, overly complex and passed down sense of reprisal that is plaguing race relations in America.

what is the first step... i dont know.

to me, its the equivalence of a being trapped in a bubble. each step forward man takes inside that bubble, inevitably returns him right by where he started, while from the inside he appears to be moving forward.

progress is a subjective facade to regression.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I wonder if a white person wearing a hijab would be acceptable ...?...On a slightly more serious note i really do not see this as a big deal.....people are free to feel anyway they want if this person wants a colored flatmate why should they not be able too ?...This just looks to me to be another attempt to fire up some faux outrage .....

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

its hard to say what the first step is.

i do believe there is something driving these sentiments to get uglier and uglier.

im floored. im annoyed and livid. the irony of segregation because of segregation as a form of solution makes my head spin. its an inflated, overly complex and passed down sense of reprisal that is plaguing race relations in America.

what is the first step... i dont know.

to me, its the equivalence of a being trapped in a bubble. each step forward man takes inside that bubble, inevitably returns him right by where he started, while from the inside he appears to be moving forward.

progress is a subjective facade to regression.

The thought of segregation of any form is insane. Would it be by religion? Income? Age? Race? Sex?

Guess it's time to think outside the said bubble.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This honestly doesn't bother me. That said, I do believe it should be acceptable for anyone to do this. If a group of females wish to have only female roomates, if a group of males wish to have only make roomates, if a group of Asians wish to have only Asian roomates, and yes, if a group of whites wish to have only white roomates, I sincerely think it's their business and their business alone. Let them live as they see fit, advertising for what they're looking for, and leave them be.

where doe it stops though?

what if a doctors only want to assist white patients, or shelter providing shelter to only hispanics etc...

this is a bad building block.

i dont agree with shoving diversity down a person's throat, but racism is racism, this is beyond because they are looking for people who listen to the same kind of music. and no, gender relations are far less complex than race relations, so i disagree with you on that note.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It doesn't stop until we ignore race etc. Right now they made a big deal over a black woman winning in swimming, broke another glass barrier...geez

I guess that is the times we live in where we need to identify everyone not white in achieving something by the color of their skin.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Good points.

I mean can you tell me honestly a person can't come up with better criteria than skin color?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
where doe it stops though?

At anything taxpayer funded.

As far as private businesses, I absolutely believe private businesses should reserve the right to discriminate. They're taking 100% of the risks either way. If they make the wrong choice, refuse service to the wrong person, they're business will suffer financial loss and the free market will have enacted justice on their business.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Mankind has always revolted against tyranny. Once it gets to that degree of unrest, there will be a conflict to end all conflict. That is the point at which rebuilding could begin. And like puppylove said, the only other way is a mass awakening, which is not likely to happen under any natural circumstances.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join