It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only above average IQ people should vote????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
Well, poonchang, I guess that would all have to be worked out if this was a reality. I think the "Average" IQ is 100...so I would think that would be the starting point.

Well that will take care of Mr. Bush right away then he does not even reach half of that

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Is it just me or is the idea of a bunch of anonymous internet posters calling the president of the US stupid very very funny?
Knda like a garbage collector calling Bill gates a nitwit.
Those of you who think bush is stupid awnser this.
He is president of the United states of america, the most demanding, stressfull job in the world which carries with it more power than any other position, who are you and what have you accomplished?
How much power do you have?
Its like a monkey insulting a man.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just because I'm below the national average (I don't know for sure, just speculating) does not mean I lack the wisdom of making an informed decision. Intelligence is "the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations" according to Merriam Webster. Wisdom is "accumulated philosophic or scientific learning". I might not be the fastest learner but the experiences I have could be of great benefit to those who have not yet had them...even if they are intelligent.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Just because I'm below the national average (I don't know for sure, just speculating) does not mean I lack the wisdom of making an informed decision.

Well comparing your intelligent answer with the one above you I will said that you are very much the "man".

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Was that a dig at my comments margie?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Seeing as you think that Bush is stupid tell me what have you done in your life that comes even close to getting elected to the position of President of the USA?
Hmmm what makes you so smart?
What have you accomplished?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Is it just me or is the idea of a bunch of anonymous internet posters calling the president of the US stupid very very funny?
Knda like a garbage collector calling Bill gates a nitwit.
Those of you who think bush is stupid awnser this.
He is president of the United states of america, the most demanding, stressfull job in the world which carries with it more power than any other position, who are you and what have you accomplished?

Does greater power make a person more intelligent? If that was true then Hitler was potentially the most intelligent person in world. Albert Einstien was at one time considered the most intelligent person alive. He was offered the Presidency(?) of Israel, and was intelligent enough not to accept it
My opinion concurs with many who posted before me. IQ is not really a suitable way to gauge a persons ability to make informed decisions.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I see where you're coming from mwm1331, and though the second half of the compliment was a nice gesture,

Originally posted by marg6043
...I will said that you are very much the "man".

I don't agree with the first half.

Well comparing your intelligent answer with the one above you...

I know we're a consumer's society, but do we really have to compare people? The statement is what they call in the business a "back-handed compliment". Another example is: "Mr. Jones, you did outstanding in your report! It's about time you did." Here's the thing. I consider the people of this world my brothers and sisters, so I'm one who'd rather one of my siblings to be chosen over myself. Yes, I know, that makes me lousy at competing in life, but that's why I play so many games. I make up for it there

[edit on 20-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wasn't it said or demonstrated that Hitler's intelligence was "off the charts"? Can anyone confirm or deny? I think this may make a solid argument why voting and being elected should not be an elitist process.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Does greater power make a person more intelligent? If that was true then Hitler was potentially the most intelligent person in world. Albert Einstien was at one time considered the most intelligent person alive. He was offered the Presidency(?) of Israel, and was intelligent enough not to accept it
My opinion concurs with many who posted before me. IQ is not really a suitable way to gauge a persons ability to make informed decisions.

No power does not equate to intelligence, however it takes a great deal of intelligence to attain power, especially in the US.
The fact is no idiot could ever become president for the simple fact that competition is too heavy.
Think about it in a nation of 300+ million people only one person gets the job. The odds of winning the noble prize are better than the odds of becoming president. Think about the amount of competition for that one position and the huge number of intelligent, well educated people competing for it and the idea of the President of the US being an idiot is ludicrous.

Odd

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have an above-average IQ, and I'd run this country into the ground given ten minutes.

This probably isn't a good idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

When I posted before this replied from you I did not insulted you.

You are insulting me. If you feel that insulting me makes you better than me then good for you.

I don't think I need to lower myself to you level to make you happy.

Yes I believe bush have lack of intelligence, common sense and leadership actitud.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sorry, but Bush has proven himself an idiot time and time again...

Bush got to where he is due to his family, not his own doing...

I read on the Raelian page (www.rael.org) they think that only people of above average intelligence should elect the government.

And we can stop right there....

We are talking about the Raelians, right?

First off, just because someone has a high IQ, doesn't mean they have good judgement.

Secondly, just because someone has a low IQ, doesn't mean their voice should not be heard also. They are still affected by the decisions made, and to not give them a voice would go completely against the idea of democracy...

I'd strongly recommend a particular Simpson's episode...(I love using tv and movies for points, hehe...) Basically, all the Mensa members in town (such as Lisa, the scientist, the comic shop owner, the doctor, etc.) get together and take over the town. A valuable lesson is learned, after much bickering, and a visit from Steven Hawking. What a classic!

The fact is no idiot could ever become president for the simple fact that competition is too heavy.
Think about it in a nation of 300+ million people only one person gets the job. The odds of winning the noble prize are better than the odds of becoming president. Think about the amount of competition for that one position and the huge number of intelligent, well educated people competing for it and the idea of the President of the US being an idiot is ludicrous.

If it was as simple as a random drawing out of a hat, I'd grant you this. However, becoming president relies on MANY factors, such as money, power, family in positions of power, etc. Had Shrub NOT been the son of George Sr, he would have NEVER been in a position to be president. Many always bring up that he went to an Ivy League school....(yeah, and graduated with a paid for "C"). C'mon, you don't graduate (legitimately) from such an institution and then have trouble stringing together a sentence...
One only has to listen to the man to know he's an idiot. You point out that one needs to be intelligent to do the job. No, they just need to be surrounded by people who can. And what kind of job has he done so far? Let's see, he's gotten us into two guerilla wars (one of which is now shown to be highly illegal), out of a budget surplus and into the largest defecit of all time, pretty much smeared the US's international rep into the ground, so much so that travelling Americans often claim to be from Canada just to avoid being taken advantage of... Woohoo! Great job so far George!

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Gazrok]

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sounds like something Hitler would have done. Must be at least 5'9" blonde hair blue eyes etc... Now you are saying that only high IQ people should vote. Kinda destroys the whole idea of a Republic Government. "A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them."

The last IQ test I took I scored 138 and I voted for Bush so that blows your theory. Face it Kerry lost. Find another topic to complain about.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Not everyone who fought and died for the liberty we enjoy was a genius or neccesarily above average IQ.

Besides, we have a couple major political parties out there today who count on the influence they have with the below average for their power base. Most of you will likely point at the conservative party and there is evidence for that notion but I think you would be suprised at just where the majority of the low IQ vote goes.

Who else but someone with a low IQ would believe the government, the most wasteful entity in America, could ever have their best interest at heart and trust them to confiscate and redistribute their earnings?

Who else could defend a virtually useless politician like a family member when said politician serves only to contribute to the degredation of their lifestyle and likely has no idea who they are and could care less. This same mentality is the same group who attribute human traits to animals of instinct and expect them to act as such and wonder why they get bitten when they unintentionally threaten it. Like its supposed to recognize and reason. What I'm saying is that most of us pick something that looks cute and confer upon it, the traits we hold dear whether it really reflects them or not.

To hold any of the politicians above human nature is to totally ignore the things they've done to get where they are.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
See gaz I disagree with you totally on bush. Yes I agree his family was a tremendous asset, however a family alone is not enough to get him elected.........................twice.
The simple fact is 99% of us on this board will never do anything that even comes close to matching the accomplishment of becoming president of the united states.
Thats why I find it so amusing when people here call him stupid.
And no marg I was not insulting you just using a metaphor to illustrate the vast differences between your importance to the world and his. Love him hate him or indifferent GW has changed the world as we know it. Have you?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................................

Tell me marg if you had never been born would it have a major impact on the world we live in?
what about you gaz?
Now I'm not picking on you because I'm am in the same boat, sure my family and freinds might be different but would france, germany, iraq?
I can confidently say that had GW not been born the world would be a very different place. Whether for good or ill is a matter of opinion, but noone can deny the effect this man has had on the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
I have an above-average IQ, and I'd run this country into the ground given ten minutes.

This probably isn't a good idea.

LOL
Love it!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

When I posted before this replied from you I did not insulted you.

You are insulting me. If you feel that insulting me makes you better than me then good for you.

I don't think I need to lower myself to you level to make you happy.

Yes I believe bush have lack of intelligence, common sense and leadership actitud.

She's got a point. The analogy seems rough. Do we have a 'play nice' policy around here?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................................

Tell me marg if you had never been born would it have a major impact on the world we live in?

Yes, it would have a major impact in the world, why because we all have roles to play, and they all fit in the scheme of life we all important and that is why we are here.

Sorry but is the way I think.

I always said that the reason for me being here is so I could be the mother of my children and even when I have not made anything to change the world who is going to said that my son or my daughter will not be the one.

Get it?, you never know until the time comes. Its always a reason for everything.

Who knows if bush reason to be in the world is exactly for what he is doing, but see certain things can be stop or change so the result will not be as horrible as it could be if you don't do anything about it.

If our president brings more death and war to the middle east we will be responsible for allowing this to happend, and for the results that his actions may do to the rest of the world, our children will have to face in the future all we do in the present, and obviously we are facing what our parents and leader did in the past.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think only above average IQ people should be voted for. Maybe even god forbid some test of mental health. I think this testing should be organized suddenly and well, minimum of 90 is alowed. Don't get me wrong, I think many would fail, but they can arrangew some fraud, I am sure, even take private classes and/or hidden devices for circling the right answer, beware we're lead by dangerous and stupid people

Has anyone evidence against this statement? If proper testing never was done this is then at least true in cases.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Now don't get me wrong marg being a mother is an important thing. However millions of women become mothers every day. Only one man becomes president of the US every 4-8 years.
The simple fact is you insulting president Bush is no differnt than me insulting you. I don't know you. who you are or how smart you are. Just as you don't know president bush, who he is, or how smart he actually is.

However the simple fact that he got elected twice says a lot about his intelligence.
but hey if it makes you feel important to insult the president of the United states go ahead, but I thought you didn't sink to that level.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join