It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upside down flag outside of Dunkin Donuts "prank"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Saw something on Facebook that amazed me yesterday.
I covered the OP's name because I don't feel comfortable letting the woman get any more attention. I also have blocked out other names visible to ensure some privacy, though this is public and can be seen with a simple search of Warwick Dunkin Donuts (on Facebook).

So that's the first post about it. This woman is claiming to have been told "it's just a flag" and disrespected in general.

That flag (link) means:

The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the right reasons.

It also is a symbol used often for the BLM (Black Lives Matter) movement. (link)

Now these are some of the comments on the original post: (almost every single one but the last is just people agreeing that the Dunkin Donuts and their employees are a disgrace, that the BLM is "disgusting" and that they are never going back).

The original post has over 1,000 shares, mainly people ignoring all comments about the "truth" of what happened...

According to more comments on the post, News 12 (their local news station) was contacted and earlier today (8.10.16) a reporter and her camera man were seen inside of the building and then outside of the building, most likely getting no comment from any of the employees. So far nothing on Google pops up as news related to the incident. Probably because the truth - that it was a "prank" - is a lot less exciting compared to a BLM fueled, targeted disrespect.

Also, (warning: hear-say!) 1. There is a video of someone turning the flag upside down and attempting to break into the front doors (this hasn't been released) - notice the camera on the building next to the DD. 2. the local PD is boycotting even though it's known to them that it was not any of the employee's at that location.

Dunkin Donuts has also not yet released any statements at this time regarding what happened. I feel for the employees who are probably being harassed and feel anxious to go into what is supposed to be a safe work environment.

Take a look around at some of the posts and comments for yourself...
I can't wait to see if this comes out on the news.
Wonder when the public apology will be.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm not implying that it IS "just a flag," I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this matter... I also feel like it's being blown out of proportion.

edit on 10-8-2016 by oblivvious because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2016 by oblivvious because: sigh.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Its not just a flag, its just a bit of colored cloth.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Its not just a flag, its just a bit of colored cloth.

more like
.... lol

but I would love some thoughts on this seriously

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm not implying that it IS "just a flag," I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this matter... I also feel like it's being blown out of proportion.

Slightly confused...as probably Dunkin' Donuts are, although perhaps the lady did make a 'meal' of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We were conditioned to the flag our whole lives from early on, when in school, at every sporting event, in the service, every podium, pulpit, there it is in the background.

For the last two years (at least) they been thrusting the flag at everyone in the political arena. It lines the stages, serves as background for press conferences, we are asked to stand and face it with our hats off and our hearts covered, we are asked to defend it and then asked to attack foreign peoples in foreign lands behind the flag. Always the flag.

The flag is why we do it, not some misdirected nationalistic fervor for the power elite, the industrialized bankers and the industrialized military complex.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

The US is in distress. Look around.

BLM and sjws burn the flag, and no one bats and eye.

Faux outrage, just like we had with the confederate flag a while back.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Breaking News: A Dunkin' Donuts has an upside down flag! Story at 11 !

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Maybe someone there was in distress, there could have been a sweated out guy in the toilet that had bitten off his lip trying to force out a number 2 after eating a soggy donuts..

RA

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

hahahhaha

i really feel that people in that area have nothing better to do or report

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

hahahhaha

i really feel that people in that area have nothing better to do or report

You are absolutely correct. It is funny to see the comments. S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, they had to call a rocket scientist to lower a flag, flip it and then raise it ??????

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

no. the flag is not DD property - it belongs to whoever owns the land they are renting. they made a few calls and when no one was responding to them they THEN went outside and fixed the flag. but they called and notified the appropriate people first to alert them to what was happening

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
who cares?
water is wet. the sky is blue. they either got pranked or were too retarded to either raise it the right way or fix it.

to me it is just a flag. i remember having to pledge to it every day in school. mandatory. this was a while ago.

one of my first feelings wanting fewer rules. why do i do this? why should i? why so i have to?
yes, this was probably the first event that led me to think the way i think.
interesting.......thanks for this thread. i learned something about myself.

anyway, i dont think it is a big deal. i probably would have got a picture of me in front of it looking like a weirdo and went in and got me an eclair.

someone should have come out with one of those little plastic butter knives to spread the cream cheese and saw their way through all the ropes. then they pick up the flag off the ground and burn her right and proper.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

re-read what you said lol

i did. i spelled a word wrong.
i dont get it

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

no i meant I re-read what you said, i thought it said something completely different

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I agree, it's just a flag.

If you think otherwise you've either been brainwashed by the government that made you swear allegiance to it daily for years on end, by the military who brainwashes you into making potentially dangerous decisions, or by the newscasters and politicians who literally wear it on the sleeve of their clothes to inspire a nationalistic source of pride.

That Dunkin Donuts doesn't represent America, which is what the flag represents. It's just a small business. They'll get around to fixing it eventually.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No, it's not "just a flag".
It represents all the people who died, defending your right to say stupid sh**.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No, it's just some cloth that you attach special meaning to. Probably because of some intense lifelong conditioning. It does not represent anything unless you have attributed that meaning to it. Which is your choice.

I leave symbols to the symbol minded. George Carlin

a reply to: DAVID64

edit on 10-8-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
thanks obama

top topics

<<   2 >>

join