It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kitchen sink was clogged.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Over the last few years, it has been a never ending battle to keep my old kitchen sink flowing. Drano type applications over and over, with just small improvements being the result.

So with flow greatly reduced, and not being able to afford a plumber, I decided to give a product named "One second Plumber" a try. It advised that I fill the sink with about 10 to 12 inches of water. I was impatient for results, so I applied the product when there was maybe 3 inches of water in the sink.

And then, to my surprise, a giant spray of slimy gunk exploded from my sink, covering my head, the nearby walls and ceilings, the fridge and several appliances.

The only question I have is whether filling the sink to the advised level would have prevented the messy explosion.

But here is the good news, after hours of work cleaning slime off of things. The sink is flowing like it hasn't in years.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yes it might have helped if you filled the sink to advised level!

good to know it works though and you have a working sink again

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Yikes! I hope the resulting slime wasn't corrosive. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lol... Glad it works...but , yes, th advised level is on the directions for a reason...to avoid the spraying mess.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You should've recorded it. Would've gone viral.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

You should've recorded it. Would've gone viral.

LOL !!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
yes, i`m pretty sure the correct amount of water would have prevented the "explosion".
water weighs approximately 8.8 pounds per gallon so 12 inches of water probably would have been heavy enough to prevent it from being blown out of the sink.
as already mentioned there is a reason they put directions on the package

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I like people who don't follow package directions.

We should all start a GoFundMe and get you a new microwave which comes with the instructions not to place 'children or small animals inside while running'. Please record.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I had a similar thing happen to me recently with the same product.

I've been working a bit in home renovations lately, and the guy who is showing me how to do things warned me "never use a plunger on your kitchen sink" (one second plumber does the same thing a plunger would, just stronger), of course I have to learn from my own mistakes so I used it on our clogged kitchen sink, I followed the instructions, but had grey water explode from my bathroom sink all over the walls, ceiling, floor...

I guess the guy training me knows what he's talking about...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Now do not pour grease down the sink! Use an old jar or coffee can to collect your grease. Most clogs are because, even though told over and over do not pour grease down the drain, people still do it.

Although the viral video sounds like easy pathway to easy cash!

edit on 10-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Exactly right. Oils, combined with hot water and salts can form a type of soap in pipes, clogging up or making leach fields sluggish. I'm in process right now of rebuilding our leach field, this time complete with a grease trap, for the bits of oils that get washed down the drain via the dishwasher, or pans I wash in the sink.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

top topics

join