It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling My Eyes Infinitely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I went to a short story forum, and a pity party broke out.

Woe is me! I am in pain!

We are all in pain. We have all had a lifetime of setbacks, disappointments, and grief.

But, this reality is an accumulation of infinite probable realities.

You can choose the one you want to experience, to a great extent.

Focusing on your pain and disappointments will not lead you to a good probable reality.

Grow up!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
In truth, no one asked you to join the party. I suppose a short story about one's pain is acceptable, who knows? It might be a form of catharsis for the writer and supporters. Growing up is also about not judging and if you can't see the positives then you too are choosing what you want to experience. Having said that, a pity fest is not for me but I am happy to leave well alone, we all deal with pain in our own way.

It's not for me to say but I think the OP would have been improved by the exclusion of the last two words.

Star and Flag though, for courage and saying something that many have probably felt. Hey it's a catharsis for all...

Regards midicon.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If all art or experience--real or imaginary--was only rainbows I don't think I'd take it seriously, but who knows, maybe that's what I've been missing.
edit on 8/7/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

1. That is a party I do not want to join. Posting a commentary on it is not the same as trying to crash the party.

2. This is a story about my pain concerning their pain. I agree that it is acceptable to write a story about your pain. Seeing the forum flooded with such stories inspired this story.

3. The last two words were the synopsis of the message. I could have said it in a gentler way. I was trying to help, though.

4. Thank you for your compliments. Sometimes I feel like it is my duty to say what others will not. I do not care about being popular, so I can do it.
edit on 7-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
a reply to: midicon

This is a story about my pain concerning their pain.

I must admit that made me laugh.

Regards midicon.

top topics

join