It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booby-Trapped Nail Boards, Barbed Wire Found On Popular North Jersey Trail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Call this a public service announcement for all those who like to hike and bike : Hopefully this is an extremely isolated event but regardless, this is a serious situation. What kind of sicko would do such a thing ?

WAYNE, N.J. -- Someone has been placing booby traps on a popular North Jersey mountain trail, Wayne police said Thursday.

A frequent visitor to High Mountain Park told police he's found hidden wooden boards with screws or nails sticking out, broken bottles and barbed wire strung across paths over the past several weeks, Capt. Laurence Martin said.

hackensack.dailyvoice.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Remember not long ago Man severely injured in explosion in New York's Central Park ......

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A few well placed,hidden game cameras would get a shot of the psychopath soon enough I think.Someone obviously very disturbed.
edit on CDTFripm5761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Could just be teenagers screwing around.

Blame Pokemon Go perhaps (now that it has kids back wandering around outside again for the 'first' time in like 2 decades).

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This happens at times and I've found and disarmed at least one of them in a park. Always be aware of your surroundings and never leave anything to chance. There are sickos in the world who get their jollies by doing things like this. Remember the Una Bomber? Most of them you can avoid by being observant and distrustful of things out of place. Good luck and be safe out there.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Maybe ISIS had their budget cut?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This type of thing is very common in the UK and has been going on for years..

Normally it is linked to a land owner that hates having a public right of way on his land or even worse the bloody country walkers that think they own a trail.

Authorities need to come down hard on such a situation if the person can be found as it would be classed as attempted murder if a incident did happen.

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.independent.ie...

No excuse for this type of thing, you could injure or kill anyone of any age and for what???...

RA

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I was thinking the same exact thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

What weirdos! Personally, I think anyone caught doing such a thing should be forced to walk into their own trap once for every person who unknowingly had come within 20 feet of it. So nail on board, 50 people walk near it, the bad guy gets to walk onto that nail 50 times.

Anyone who would do such a thing is too stupid to even learn a lesson from that, but at least their feet would be useless globs of tetanus-infected maggot food.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
This happens at times and I've found and disarmed at least one of them in a park. Always be aware of your surroundings and never leave anything to chance. There are sickos in the world who get their jollies by doing things like this. Remember the Una Bomber? Most of them you can avoid by being observant and distrustful of things out of place. Good luck and be safe out there.

There was a nutter who once placed traps in our garden while we were out. We found little rings of stones with a snap-trap under some bits of grass. The loon was known to police as he had missing fingers and teeth.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
These are also found in calif on trails in marijuana growing areas of calif.

Plus they also have been found on trails along rivers on opening days of fishing season and in hunting areas during hunting season.

There are a lot of wackos out there.
www.sfgate.com...
www.10news.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

First thing I thought was weed farmers trying to protect a guerilla grow.

top topics

join