It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed mugger killed in gun drama near Olympics as Russian diplomat drags motorcycle robber into his

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: ipsedixit

The Russian vice-consul in Rio de Janeiro dramatically shot dead an armed mugger who had tried to hold him up in his car - just after the Olympic torch relay had passed by on the last day before the Rio 2016 opening ceremony.

Marcos Cesar Feres Braga, a Brazilian lawyer who holds the vice-consul post at the Russian consulate, reportedly grabbed the attacker and pulled him into his BMW X6 after he had smashed the car window and pointed a gun at him, demanding he hand over his watch.

A struggle ensued inside the diplomat's car until he managed to grab the assailant's gun, which he used to shoot him dead at point blank range, according to police.

Armed mugger killed in gun drama near Olympics as Russian diplomat drags motorcycle robber into his car and shoots him dead

This is like something out of a novel.

I don't really have much of a comment about this but it is an interesting incident. I have a feeling that the Rio Olympics are going to be different.

Beautiful. Justice is served.

You said that. Here muggers should be given a safe space because they might feel bad if someone wants to defend himself.
edit on 8/4/2016 by schuyler because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As my parents taught me - There is always someone bigger, badder, and better than you out there... this guy just found that out the hard way.

Ooopsies.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The SHOW Must Go ON!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The robber had to of been a total idiot and got exactly what his behavior towards others demanded.

Cause and effect. The law of the universe played out in perfect poetry.

OH, and it is RIO too

edit on 4-8-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As Clint Eastwood would say, the pussy generation hasn't reached Russia yet.

That's how you handle business.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
you can watch the Rio clusterf*ck happen in real time here twitter.com... for those interested in what else is going on as well.

Edit: Extra link to the Apocalympics (lol) subreddit www.reddit.com...

Whoa, I just spent an hour on your links. It's sad. It looks like their accommodations aren't ready for us, and we aren't ready for their accommodations.

But as someone else said, when has the media not complained about the Olympics accommodations? It's part of it now, although this has a component to it that's not just uncomfortable, it's actually dangerous. Lots of desperados out and about it seems, on top of the other issues. Not good.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Marcos Cesar Feres Braga, a Brazilian lawyer who holds the vice-consul post at the Russian consulate, [...]

originally posted by: Gothmog
Russian style justice. Not too bad.

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: ipsedixit

Don't mess with Texa(n)s or Russia(ns). Good rules to follow.

originally posted by: Gin
Russian wins gold medal in pest removal. There will be more incidents like this I'm afraid, as crime rate in Rio is sky-high.

The lack of even the simplest reading comprehension never fails to disappoint me - for anyone whoever wonders where the woeful ignorance of the public comes from, it's this. Read the headline, ignore the story.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I got ready to make a joke about Soviet Russia and then reread....

I think most just had the same knee jerk reaction once they saw Russian Consulate but I get your point too.

edit on 8/4/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Looks like the Illuminated ones won't need their quartly sacrifice this Olympics. It was inadvertently done for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I hope you don't mean here as in USA. Muggers in this country are frequently and regularly shot, stabbed, stomped on, run over by cars, horrifically beaten, and even set on fire. Europe is the place where men who break into a home are frequently handed lighter sentences then the homeowner who defended themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree... liveleak.com has taught me many life lessons.. 1 i will always remember is when in Brazil, shoot first!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

remember when it was Ogrish?? I preferred the darker colors myself.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

i just feel compelled to note that :

if this incident had happened at any time other than the olympics - it would not have made the news

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
tass.ru...

Russia says this story is wrong....

Anyways so the banning of Russia over the doping scandal never happened?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Russians were scary enough with their sambo. And now they've probably passed trainings like "Systema". Probably all diplomatic coach group is formed out of ex-KGB agents

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The russians trains there Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB)(use to be called the KGB) very well in hand to hand combat and weapons.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
Anyways so the banning of Russia over the doping scandal never happened?

Russia will have 271 athletes eligible to compete at the Rio Games, says the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

This is more than two-thirds of their original entry list of 389 athletes, despite the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) recommending a blanket ban after a state-sponsored doping scandal.

Source

They've reduced the Russian team by one-third. They failed to ban the entire team. And they failed to get Russia expelled from the Olympic movement. So, I'm sure they'll think up something new.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Meanwhile, in Germany, sew case www.express.co.uk... for insulting the killer, else he dared to throw an empty jar in killer. Store up popcorn and watching for grimace of Western Justice
edit on 8/8/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
P.S. the system m.ok.ru... is much more serious than take the gun . Higher skill without contacting youtu.be... 1:40 American does not believe, and 2:17 ...to me seems intsedent to be a lesson for those who want to test the strength Russians

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Of course. Anyone with a brain knew this was another made up story. ATS...you are the worst.

Russian diplomats, robberies, guns...life isn't a Lethal Weapon movie, but I guess we wish it was. Trashy sht.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join