It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Bombing Mission In Libya, Special Forces Included

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Well, they do have more than enough special forces to send 10,000 of them to the region.

A spectacular and ineffective use of manpower and equipment though.

They should've stayed out of the whole thing. Let Gaddafi crush crush the rebels, then there'd be no ISIL presence in Libya. Gaddafi probably could've helped to shorten the Syrian war too. Libya and Syria were on good terms under Gaddafi.

It really was the greatest US foreign policy blunder since Iraq. I'm startled that there are some who think it was an amazing success.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: 727Sky

What happened with Libya has always offended me deeply. They had a leader there that actually gave a # about his people, because he actually saw them as humans and bothered to fund social programs that would improve quality of life. Its almost a damn shame that his past had to come back to haunt him. But the Israeli's, and I think the Germans too had a score to settle. That could never be forgotten, and clearly was not forgiven either.

But jeez, could you have maybe spared the people?? The world demanded that he renounce violent extremism, and he did that. The world demanded he cease any efforts into WMD's programs, he did that too. So to just feed him to the wolves and blow out the infrastructure, that just was not necessary. A little more time into the intelligence, and we could have done a confirmed cruise missile strike. Possibly even a UCAV, but I think their detection systems were fairly decent.

And then this crazy bitch practically busts a nut when a reporter goes in that direction.

Yea, your not a psycho lady

Yep . Not just the US , but the entire world needs to heed the warning if Clinton gets elected
Be afraid , be very afraid

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
NATO had better step in with aid and tactical strategies of neutralizing ISIS

That's kind of like saying we need to find a cure for obesity on the way to McDonalds. Since we're the ones covertly funding ISIS, we could easily cut off their funding, but we don't. We must need them for some proxy war yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Is obama starting another war?

I heard he is trying to clean up a bit for hillary.

I'm sorry but bombing and SF's won't do much if no one can hold the ground. The Libyans don't seem worth much.

Unless he's going to have 10,000 SF's in there, it's more whack a mole.

I just think it's a damn shame what they did to them and Egypt. Hell, Iraq and Afghanistan too.

Screwed all them people big time.

You're living in the past. That was then, this is now. I would ask what you think we should do, (about the present) but I know I wouldn't get a viable, non-insulting response.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I really feel like this is the most dangerous time, Obama's remaining months. He's desperate to shore up his legacy and that means cleaning up the # show that he has made of the Middle East. Looks like he's starting with Libya. God help them and us.

What pisses me off is the talking heads on both sides of the aisle, in the media and within the military industrial complex who will justify endless war, at any cost, just to line their pockets. It's sick and we see it and we know it and we call it out. And yet we are powerless to stop it? It is literally a machine that is eating us.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Look, I'm a soldier. I was made one and I will die with that pride.

I would go anywhere to do what needed to be done on the orders of civilian leadership who govern my actions as a soldier(now a former soldier mind you...But things don't change).

Not trying to be disrespectful(I have a brother that's a chief in the Air Force), but what makes your actions any different than Obama's or Bush who get their marching orders from above? Do you feel you were used as a mercenary throughout your career for reasons other than keeping Americans out of harms way?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
I really feel like this is the most dangerous time, Obama's remaining months. He's desperate to shore up his legacy and that means cleaning up the # show that he has made of the Middle East. Looks like he's starting with Libya. God help them and us.

What pisses me off is the talking heads on both sides of the aisle, in the media and within the military industrial complex who will justify endless war, at any cost, just to line their pockets. It's sick and we see it and we know it and we call it out. And yet we are powerless to stop it? It is literally a machine that is eating us.

We were warned.

Now we have a candidate that will sell National influence to the highest bidder, foreign or domestic, whatever is more lucrative.
Yet people would rather collect pokemon than learn about who they are voting for.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
.....How many more countries are we gonna invade , we turned every country we been in with our western allies to a scrapyard...

And then we leave , leaving the population to fend for themselfs.

Our western foreign policy is a nightmare.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
.....How many more countries are we gonna invade , we turned every country we been in with our western allies to a scrapyard...

And then we leave , leaving the population to fend for themselfs.

Our western foreign policy is a nightmare.

Indeed... Why do they want such division and chaos in the world?
To conquer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join