It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF's Chief Rabbi said its ok to rape non-Jewish women during war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

IDF's chief rabbi-to-be permits raping women in wartime.

Karim replied that, as part of maintaining fitness for the army and the soldiers' morale during fighting, it is permitted to "breach" the walls of modesty and "satisfy the evil inclination by lying with attractive Gentile women against their will, out of consideration for the difficulties faced by the soldiers and for overall success."

The head of the Knesset Committee on the Status of Women and Gender Equality, MK Aida Touma-Sliman (Joint Arab List), said, "Col. Karim's ruling on permitting raping non-Jewish women is similar to the fatwa of a murderous organization that's not so far from Israel's borders..."

Religion...

Isnt it just grand!

When he refers to the "evil inclination of raping Gentile women", I dont think hes referring to rape as being evil. I think hes referring to the "evil" act of having "sex" with non-Jewish women... SMH.

Good on MK Aida Touma-Sliman for objecting.

Despite her efforts, he was still appointed to the position.

Although not her intention, she deserves even more praise for recognizing how similar the religions really are.

edit on 1-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: truncated quote

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

No, just no. We've got enough trouble with radicals.

WE DO NOT NEED MORE ISRAEL!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Lets see the Zionists defend this......

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Don't be too surprised if someone directs You to the thread about The Imam that told some unnamed 13 y.o. that it is also okay with their 'religion™'...

If this reminds You of that 3rd grade tussle with Jimmy #shispants about the 4-square game, and used the words like "He did it too..." that is by design...

How long before Mr. Nuttinbutayahoo tries to extort even more $$$ from the U.S. taxpayer for "pain & suffering" ???

Shalom

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

And thats the point, theres no defense for any of this nonsense regardless of which religion it is.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Before commenting further I would like to know if this "Ynetnews" is legit and trustworthy.

Does anyone know?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No one can defend this.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.timesofisrael.com...

Karim was embroiled in controversy in 2012 for his response to a question posed to him (Hebrew link) on the religious website Kipa, asking in the light of certain biblical passages if IDF soldiers, for example, were permitted to commit rape during wartime despite the general understanding that such an act is widely considered repugnant.

In his response, Karim implied that such practices, among several others that were normally prohibited — including the consumption of nonkosher food — were permitted during battle.

“Although intercourse with a female gentile is very grave, it was permitted during wartime (under the conditions it stipulated) out of consideration for the soldiers’ difficulties,” he wrote. “And since our concern is the success of the collective in the war, the Torah permitted [soldiers] to satisfy the evil urge under the conditions it stipulated for the sake of the collective’s success.”

Seems like your hunch was right OP, he certainly seems to think that the sex with a Gentile was the bad act, not the rape.
edit on 1/8/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Always amusing to hear certain nations that wage war on hapless victim states discuss whether rape is alright or not.

Rules of Engagement and all

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Before commenting further I would like to know if this "Ynetnews" is legit and trustworthy.

Does anyone know?

Okay, I can understand that.

They claim his words were taken out of context, but they would say that wouldn't they?

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 1/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: To add

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Any Man of religion that comes away with such statements wrong on so many levels I don't really know where to begin.

I mean the question presents itself, what kind of God would wish you to rape in his name, never mind murdering and pillaging to boot?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I heard he walked back his comments after he was appointed.

Could be wrong though.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Any Man of religion that comes away with such statements wrong on so many levels I don't really know where to begin.

I mean the question presents itself, what kind of God would wish you to rape in his name, never mind murdering and pillaging to boot?

Well that is the thing isn't it? If you are Gods Chosen and all, if your god is the one true god, then it follows that all the other 'gods' are false, i.e., the devil, and all the other religions are but devil worship.

And we all know where devil worshippers are going on Judgment day so why not give them all a little push? Nothing we can do to them here is going to compare to eternal hell fire, God our benefactor and supreme torturer, will look the other way.

Feel free to invade, torture and murder wholesale all the devil spawn, everywhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

No one can defend this.

Oh you underestimate the Zionazis, Cobaltic...

They'll be here to talk about Hamas soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

No one can defend this.

Oh you underestimate the Zionazis, Cobaltic...

They'll be here to talk about Hamas soon.

Oh, I never underestimate the Zionists

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Well that is the thing isn't it? "

I imagine the thing is all organised religions are nothing more than control constructs designed to retard free thinking.

What was it the priest cast where preaching during the crusade "to kill an infidel is not murder but is the path to heaven" or something to that effect.

Now it seems that our religious leaders in there infinite wisdom have added rape and buggery to the equation.

The mind boggles at the fact that we refuse to learn from our past transgressions and seem doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again throughout history.

One has to wonder, if the numb scull in question had been raped himself would he still be pouring forth the same gibberish form his puss?
edit on 1-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Another voice heard from out of the sadistic misogyny that is abrahamic religion.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I imagine the thing is all organized religions are nothing more than control constructs designed to retard free thinking.

And a platform to promote the state. God and country, right?

Salute the flag, pledge the flag, one nation, under god?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes but surely not a rapey God!

Personally i imagine it should be one nation, composed of many people, pledging compassion, praying to which ever deity floats there boat.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The gubments only job is to protect the borders, provide for the common defense. Otherwise limited to collecting tariffs to pay for that very limited scope.

Edit to add: So that we can go about our business of living, earning and worshipping.

edit on 1-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit to add:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join