It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Flash flood leaves one dead, two missing in Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Over 6 inches of rain fell in Ellicot City, Maryland, a Baltimore suburb last night. Incredible video shows cars being swept away. There is a lot of damage and one person has died and two more are still missing. The heavy rain fell when a very slow moving storm system moved through. This was the same type of system that moved through my home town a few weeks back causing flooding here. I wrote a thread about it called the Summer of Storms.

Here is the link to the Weather Channel story about the floods that ravaged this town.

Torrent of rain floods Maryland city

Seems to be a lot of these extreme rain events this summer. Here in the Upper Midwest we are still getting these huge storms every few days, which is abnormal for this area. The ground is super saturated and there's no where for the rain to go anymore.

Wishing the best for these folks in Maryland. Flooding can cause some serious damage not to mention the mold issues that can destroy a home if not properly cleaned up. Several homes here in my town have been declared destroyed cuz this is the second flood in two years. The last flood before that was in 1942.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Unfortunately, the only thing I disagree with Trump is climate.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I just saw this and called my daughter (who lives there). She's telling me she's out of work for a week, because her building is damaged from flooding.

Wow ... just wow!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I too spoke to my daughter who lives there - although her actual address is Columbia, she had standing water in her home. Luckily she had gone to a friend's house last night, so her car wasn't flooded.

Prayers for all who was affected!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Mould is the last thing that should be on their minds. Think about it, when water floods it fills the underground sewers and floods out all the sewerage from the drains. So it's not just rainwater on the surface and flowing through houses its raw sewage. That's the danger.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Good point.

new topics

top topics

join