It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Turmoil of One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The soft scent of incense floats along these halls
Sweet peace expanding from within
Deeper into one’s own heart one falls
Deeper into a battle that one must win
The fight rages on behind one’s walls
The mind game that lingers wears thin
No longer bound by the monster who calls
Bound by blood yet no longer deemed kin

The soft scent of incense flows and will heal
The monster persists yet remains ignored
The hateful vibes of the beast will no longer conceal
Hopes and dreams once more have soared
Dare to portray the angst one should feel
Allowing for time one could never afford
Standing firm behind walls made of steel
Which may only be breached by one’s sword

The soft scent of incense at last fades away
Swiftly one’s heart leaps and beats free
The monster lays defeated this brand new day
Bound by blood yet no longer deemed family
But there are other monsters in the shadows that play
Willing to dance about heartfelt debris
Yet one never learns to keep monsters at bay
This one is doomed to repeat history

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Don't be doomed to repeat history. Like I said earlier. Life is lesson of learning......mistakes and burned bridges, you only need to cross them but once.....Learning.

Unless you evolve, and change and move on...........mistakes may be repeated. Is that what you want? I'm sure the answer is NO. So, whatcha gonna do? (...you're heart keeps sayin' it's just not right, but still you've got to make up your mind......") Glenn Frey.

So girl whatcha gonna do, live in the past or make a new path to your future? Only you can answer this. Love You

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

The monster, the beast, is an alcoholic family member who I've been trying to shoo from my life in my quest to remove toxicity and negativity. It's easier said than done though, for when one is -that- close to you, so close that they can pretend to -be- you and gain access to your ever-changing information.... it's hard.

As for the "monsters" of the future... I don't believe they are monsters, but I see them as such because of my past. I rarely trust, and for that, the monsters in the shadows, the shadowy figments that are of my imagination, I am my own monster seeing monsters everywhere.

And I'm trying to change that, hence my desire for higher learning and seeking inner reflection and searching for my "self".

WHEW! Ramble, haha. I'm sorry. But thank you for taking the time to read, reply, and send me your best wishes. Thank you. <3

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I understand and am empathetic to you dilemma. I hope I have not been to harsh.....been through it all myself, but dug myself out onto a beautiful landing and let it all be..........hmmm sound familiar.

Keep on you path.....you are strong....and protecting yourself, especially your heart is what is needed just now until the chaos ends........and trust me it will end, but you also hold a key to that.

Love you......Peace and Love

KD

new topics

top topics

join