It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babylon 5's Jerry Doyle has passed away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sad News

www.epictimes.com...

edit on 28-7-2016 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

MPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Thu Jul 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
That sucks. I really like that series. I need to buy it.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ah, man, he was one of the good ones out on Hollyweird.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Aww. Not Garibaldi. He kept that mighty space station safe for a long time.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I loved that series and I have it on VHS.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have it on DVD. And the movies. And the Lost Tales. And the Legend of the Rangers. And Crusade.

And...sad to hear of his passing. And he was younger than me.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Lazarus Short because: dumdedum

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sad Sad news.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Though a bit dated in regard to its CGI and resolution, this was my favourite TV show, ever.

It is really sad.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Same. I used to love it. It was more realistic than others in the sense that intelligent species would likely be political and territorial with no clear good guys. The story arc was well-handled too iirc.

In contrast, Star Trek was great and lacked the sense of SCALE seen in B5. In some ways, Star Trek was a series of road trips projected against space; each week a new collection of characters and a problem that needs solving. B5 was a bit more sophisticated imo.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: chr0naut

Same. I used to love it. It was more realistic than others in the sense that intelligent species would likely be political and territorial with no clear good guys. The story arc was well-handled too iirc.

In contrast, Star Trek was great and lacked the sense of SCALE seen in B5. In some ways, Star Trek was a series of road trips projected against space; each week a new collection of characters and a problem that needs solving. B5 was a bit more sophisticated imo.

There were also some story components that were left unsaid, like the Techno-mages were actually using tech manufactured by the shadows that merged with the user, like the shadow ships merged with their 'pilots'.

One of the contributors to the storyline was also NASA Astrophysicist, Jeanne Cavelos, who also wrote a trilogy of books based on the Techno-mages and Straczynski himself was married to Kathryn M. Drennan, who worked with Carl Sagan on the Cosmos series. So there was a fairly high science pedigree among the writers & contributors.

edit on 29/7/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Cheers Jerry, hope you are sharing your 2nd favorite thing in the world with those in the after life

edit on 29-7-2016 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This sucks, one of my favorite shows. I just started watching it again. I get to episode six and then I read this. Now I am going to finish the whole series again, in his honor.

edit on 29-7-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I have everything except Crusade. It sucks that show was cancelled, it was good.

top topics

join