It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Reptilians/Snakes - Greys/Spiders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm O+ I have no fear of Greys reptillians spiders or snakesI dislike spiders, and I think the greys are so cute and huggable with their big eyes, also I think the reptillian would be cool looking.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Type B-

Love snakes. Hate Blackwidows and large spiders. I get jumpy when I see them and kill them, and feel uneasy and creepy for a while.

I think greys are cute tho. Dunno bout repptilians. Make me think of teenage mutant ninja turtles.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
O+

No phobia`s here for either,although i give a healthy respect to both in a particular circumstance,here in Australia we have the some wickedly poisonous snakes,and i`m prone to be very curious when ever i`ve encountered a snake,mainly tiger snakes and duigites,i can only assume that because their so dangerous i`m attracted,while others yell at me to leave them alone?

Spiders dont bother me,except for one,the Sydney Funnel Web,geeeeez thats one awesome spider,it stands up on its back legs and yells at ya "bend down here and i`ll sink me big black fangs in your chest through to ya back bone"

Oh and one other spider that i dont know what it was,it was a pitch black night and i came home late and went around to the back door and some big dopey 6 leggered hairy thing had made his home across the patio and i walked into it,i dont know who was freaked out the most , me with it doing an epileptic fit on my face or the spider yelling this dopey human thinks i`m fairy floss.

And lastly sorry i dont believe in reptilians although i think i maybe the cause why people do and the rumours about them,i`m tall with long limbs and was jumping up and down screaming like a banshee on that dark night and i think my neighbours saw me

[edit on 20-1-2005 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some modern theories of psychology suggest many of our phobias have a basis in our evolutionary history. The fear of spiders or snakes is far more common than, say, fear of hot stove tops. There were lots of poisonous spiders and snakes in the wild when we were apes, but not so many hot stove tops. Those apes that stayed away from poisonous critters lived longer and had more offspring.

Actually, it's not even a matter of the poisonous critter killing you. Although there are some very poisonous ones, the majority of them (spiders and snakes) aren't so poisonous that you'll die from a single bite. However, if you're a pregnant woman, you could likely lose your child. It's notable that statistically, women are more likely to have phobias of spiders and snakes than men.

It's also not just that we're afraid of certain things, it's that we seem to be more susceptible to developing a fear of certain things than others. Lots of children burn themselves on stove tops when they're young but they don't develop a phobia because of it. People may not have a fear of spiders until they have a bad experience with one.

I'm not up on theories regarding Reptilians and purebloods and ruling classes. But I'd say fears of spiders and snakes come from natural selection, not from anything alien.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I wonder if the bad reputation Reptilians have (I have read a little) is based solely on how we perceive reptiles on Earth. I would bet that's the case, and that they actually aren't any better or worse than other aliens.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong: Reptiles (at least here on earth) are known as cruel killers, but that's only because they don't have the brains to be nice. I mean that literally, they all have simple brains that lack the section (I forget its name) where memories of emotional attachment are formed, whereas mammals do. That's why if you feed a mammal daily for a long time, and then miss a day, it'll remember that you fed it in the past and not eat you. Whereas if you have a pet crocodile and feed it daily, and then miss a day, it'll think nothing of eating you because it literally has no memory of you feeding it in the past. And that's why they're known as uncaring killing machines.

Now, Reptilian aliens... They've got large brains (at least as large as ours), which means they very likely have those sections. That means they're likely to have emotions like us, and actually won't think like reptiles on Earth at all.

Of course, having emotions like us means they'd still be quite capable of cruelty. So they could all be evil anyways.

Sorry if that was too wordy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join