It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no way to proof that Karma exists...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am not going to debate whether that Karma exists or not because there is CERTAINLY no way to prove'
whether it exists!

Hear me out, I do like to subscribe to the idea that good will finally be rewarded and that evil people
will finally get their due justice. Everyone feels good when there is a justice system that will weigh
our dues and merits and then met out punishments and good fortune accordingly. Therefore, there is no
need for revenge and somehow the universe will take care of things.

www.thetreeofawakening.com...

This is the idea that the website above propagate. However, as much as I like a divine power
being able to control all these forces my reasoning tells me that this is just impossible.

Sure, you hear on the papers how a drug lord gets busted and put to jail. But there are MANY evil and bad guys
who get away with their sins. There are lots of wealthy criminals who live lavish and extravagant long lives
and never get caught and there are lots of good people who die poor and tragically with troubled lives.

Karma devotees will say that, hey karma is not linear and will find a way whether it is this life or the next. This
is the reason why some bad people are still able to live good lives they pay their dues the next life. Well, my
question to this people is how exactly do you proof that? The onus is on this people to prove that Karma
exists yet if they can't proof it in a person's lifetime they can just conveniently use the excuse that it will
happen in the next! Somehow, they speak it like fact even though it is just a belief! Did god personally came down
and gave a divine revelation or something? If not how the heck can they believe it to be concrete
besides just a personal belief? Well, ancient Chinese once believe that a monster is eating up the sun during
an eclipse, and even beat drums to chase the monster away, you get the idea.

Also, on a personal level, I was almost sinless up to the age of 18. The only bad thing I can recall doing was
irritating a girl when I was 13-14 because I liked her, but that was like a puppy crush, my first time with girls and
eventually I said sorry about my behaviour when I was more matured. But still, I was bullied from as young as 8
in class because I was too good in class(perhaps), I was always having good grades and was more quiet/conservative when
young which may be a target for bullying. Also, when I did have my first real gf at 17 or so, something really really
bad happened to me that caused us to break. I can't imagine why so many misfortunes happen to me.

On the other hand, during my working experience,I managed to
convince a client to work with me rather then a colleague which secured me a hefty commission.
I just viewed it as being competitive, not evil. Obviously, there's a tinge of guilt but being a little selfish
and greedy and I was able to be paid handsomely and be properly rewarded. After that I even gained
respect? Maybe a little jealously from the other colleague (Who previously berated me that I was incompetent
in my job). It sure feels good to be on the dark side.

My personal experiences tells me its all random, although its complex, and sure you have a higher chance of something bad
happen to you if you do something bad because people will resent you and then try to take revenge against you but those that
don't and never get caught usually gets away scot free. Thoughts on this? Any Karma stories or unjust to share?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

Quick heads up its prove not proof. Not being a grammar dick just helping.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Speaking as a sort of agnostic hardliner...

There's no need to prove or disprove "Karma", it's just something everyone should live by regardless.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Aww,damn. I wanted to get on the prove not proof train!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
From my understanding, karma is your actions in one life or the present life. You can go through lifetimes of harming none, being good and appropriate many times and then simply meet with a stranger that had been insulted or slighted in the very least and thus there is a reactive principle... this all can cycle within one lifetime.
Why some chose suffering or are afflicted against from others causing the suffering to suffer, I'm studying currently and am going to continue understanding of why some people have a negative life experience and some seem to have it great, stress on ''seem'' to be happy, living in comfort or however one seems better off than another.... it is a complicated subject...and now I'm in a hazy fog at a loss to my train of thinking
Hope you come to a common thread in this topic..
Sorry, I am not much help.
Will read your OP in entirety and maybe return.🍟

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
From my understanding, karma is your actions in one life or the present life. You can go through lifetimes of harming none, being good and appropriate many times and then simply meet with a stranger that had been insulted or slighted in the very least and thus there is a reactive principle... this all can cycle within one lifetime.
Why some chose suffering or are afflicted against from others causing the suffering to suffer, I'm studying currently and am going to continue understanding of why some people have a negative life experience and some seem to have it great, stress on ''seem'' to be happy, living in comfort or however one seems better off than another.... it is a complicated subject...and now I'm in a hazy fog at a loss to my train of thinking
Hope you come to a common thread in this topic..
Sorry, I am not much help.
Will read your OP in entirety and maybe return.🍟

Theta waves.

In all seriousness i think it has to do with the general concept of quantum entanglement and how that idea may apply to interconnectedness, our super conscious, and dynamic judgement.
edit on 27-7-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal I met two whit power judges just a few minutes ago and their dynamic decisions and judgment's are not in my world dynamics...they tried to keep me quiet...as a female/woman, being on your planet... they had lost a sense of smell and understanding of flowers or trying to control them...their loss...too good for females and entering exclusive male's only clubs...with invisibility...i'm leaving they can rest easy. ..or not?

edit on 27-7-2016 by peppycat because: i smoke and will as it is my choice

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There is a book called the Urantia, in it, it comments upon Karma..

The karma principle of causality continuity is, again, very close to the truth of the repercussional synthesis of all time-space actions in the Deity presence of the Supreme; but this postulate never provided for the co-ordinate personal attainment...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Karma supposedly based around the idea of work onto the world, and usually involve the idea of good work would bring good karma, and vice versa.

There are many concepts and literary stories that talk about like religious passages or proverbs that dwell on the concept of it. And there are one or two myths I can of that seem to focus on how fruitless work can be in their endeavors like Sisyphus or kind deeds get punished like Prometheus.

Then there the whole reward system of thinking, where their choices affect how their going to turn out in life or in the next to where it very supersitious to the point it dogmatic and Paranoid.

I am kind of a believer in karma, to the point where I think of it as luck. Thing is I try not expect anything in return and sometimes I find it comes back when it need much less when I would demand it like the lottery.

edit on 27-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

There is always a bigger fish.

I have seen enough to know, heard enough, and conceptulized to the point where i can ascertain that the Universe and its mechanics have a way of doing things, in time, things that seem incredibly...coincidental.

Karma, if it exists here, is, imho, fairly distorted in many cases. As to why...subjectivity and less...compassionate forms of judgement remain issues.
edit on 27-7-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It certainly exists as a subset of paranormal phenomena that
is a lucky connection to something at sometime. If you haven't
experienced karma, I pity you as a luckless soul.

Paranormal science still hasn't answered the question of receiving
and transmitting thought but it might be an ether of lucky charmed
subatomic particles acting instantaneously while at a distance.

An EM kind of transmission network doesn't seem feasible as it would
have been easy to measure to quantify paranormal phenomena in the
past. Let us just accept that remote viewing and ESP including
precognition and karma, are valid features that are demonstrable.

Unfortunately, nature, life, and society can be cruel and unfair,
and those who are mean and undeserving, scramble and dart and swell
with food.

edit on 27-7-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Karma is not some mystifying score-keeper that rewards or punishes based upon a previous life or in some far off next life.

Karma is Cause-and-Effect. Nothing more.

edit on 7/27/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There is no reward system. Except for bad people who have all the luck.

I suppose though it depends on how you look at things.

If say something bad has happened to you, but that thing seems to bring other joys you would have otherwise missed out on, that's the philosophy of as one door closes, another one opens. This might be happening and you're not noticing it.

I never seem to reap any rewards from being a giver, or having done something really good. Yet we all feel that, you do something nice just to get # on and you say to yourself I shan't bother again then. So maybe I am controlling the karma on said person who # on me? They burned their bridges and have missed out on future kind acts I was previously always dishing out

True though, it can't be proven it's some mystical force at work.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think many confuse "karma" with "dharma"...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Yes, that's what I mean. If you say, have a fetish of killing little animals and went to proceed to kill
a kitten once. You many never get noticed or caught and nothing happens to you. People who
believe Karma would argue that the person would be a kitten in his next life and killed the same way but
there is no way to prove it. Let me ask this question to the proponents, who will be the person who would kill you
if you were to reborn as a kitten? Would that person accumulate bad karma too, or be alleviated
from it because he is the enforcer in the grand scheme of things? Also, this contradicts with free will.
What if that supposed "enforcer" refuses to kill the kitten (You) because it hurts his conscience? Then
wouldn't you have escaped your previous bad karma?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
huh? proof? you either believe it or you dont.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It may be real, then again it might just be yet another system of control masquerading as divine law.

I am undecided yet, but I suppose only time will tell...

edit on 27/7/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You can't handle the proof.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I believe Sahabi is correct. Karma exists and functions, but only as a sort a sort of single-lifetime social/psychological/moral cause-and-effect principle or, as my Buddhist friends say, action and reaction.

Partly, it is the operation of conscience. Yes, we all have one, psychopaths excepted. Psychopathy is not nearly as common as people round these parts like to believe.

Partly, it is the operation of getting what you deserve. Because — as a general rule — people are nice to people who are nice, and nasty to nasty ones.

And sometimes — perhaps not for everyone — it’s the thought that winning isn’t winning if it isn’t fair and square.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If Karma were to exist then there would have to be a all controlling system of all decisions of everyone and everything. That's a pretty big leap of faith.

If I stab the guy sat opposite me on the train to death just for the hell of it, then karma would assume he deserved it? What about me, do I deserve therefore going to jail and so what about my karma? What if said person was a pedophile, what or who decides what is a commensurate measure of karma issued against them.

Now if you stretch that across the potential of resurrection and disabled born people are getting karma for a precious life's wrongdoings (or else why do they deserve to be born disabled) then is hell actually being sent back to earth to suffer a lifetime of pain?

And what if they suffer that life but say Adolf Hitler who killed millions it's not enough Karma, does he the. Live an eternal life of pain in a fiery pit, and if so, why not send wrong uns to that fiercer pit too just until you have met your karma quota instead of burdening the world with them?

I would say there iss absolute proof karma exists but it's coincidental rather than an orchestrated power controlling all things.

edit on 28 7 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join