It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray case: Charges against three remaining officers dropped

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How is this shocking? This is the correct decision. The shocking part is that they were charged in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Apparently the evidence and the courts contradict what you're saying. But they don't matter, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Edumakated

How did he have his spine broken?

You'd have to ask Freddie. He was throwing himself around in the van PER THE INMATE WHO WAS IN THE VAN WITH HIM AT THE TIME. Looks like he threw himself a little too hard and wound up breaking his back.

Have you seen what some inmates do to themselves out of frustration or to get attention? Cutting, hanging themselves, etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I didn't know that. Clearly I should have looked into it further. Breaking your own neck is a horrible way to go.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I didn't know that. Clearly I should have looked into it further. Breaking your own neck is a horrible way to go.

He was hopped up when they picked him up too.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He was hopped up when they picked him up too.

I don't get why some people think it is odd that he may have accidentally injured himself. Heck, all you have to do is watch Lockup and see what inmates off their rocker do to themselves. I was watching one show where some guy literally flayed his wee-wee. WTF?

Guys regularly attempting to hang themselves. Stabbing themselves. All kinds of destructive behaviors.

My guess is Freddy was flipping out inside the van. He was cuffed and probably either fell too hard with his head/neck taking the brunt of the force causing the break. This is the most likely scenario given his documented history of this type of behavior and that there was an witness in the other compartment saying he was doing this.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What a crap load of BS and useless rationalizations. He was walking down the street. He was fine.
Then he had a run in with police and he's dead. He's murdered, but nobody killed him. Or he has life threatening injuries, yet nobody hurt him.

What a crock.

Yeah, right. He committed suicide in the back of the van.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
What a crap load of BS and useless rationalizations. He was walking down the street. He was fine.
Then he had a run in with police and he's dead. He's murdered, but nobody killed him. Or he has life threatening injuries, yet nobody hurt him.

What a crock.

The denial of facts or inability to connect clearly visible dots is just comical...

1) Freddie Gray was a known crack head and petty dope dealer in the area
2) He ran from the police and was apprehended
3) He already has a history of faking injuries and hurting himself
4) How is Freddie Gray was thrown around in the van so violently but the other passenger in the van wasn't?
5) 3 of six cops are black. Are we to believe that the b-more police somehow got 3 uncle tom black cops all at the same place to purposely hurt Mr. Gray? Something tells me that isn't statistically possible.
6) Of course, the uncle tom BLACK judge didn't find any evidence of police misconduct either?
7) Somehow the b-more police department is full of klan members in a town that is majority black, with black mayor, black police chief, and numerous black city council members.

Seriously folks... we can do better in finding cases of police misconduct. Tragic that the young man threw his life away, but his case is doing nothing for the BLM cause.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Was that his face that was painted on the building in the background of Mosby's speech?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Was that his face that was painted on the building in the background of Mosby's speech?

Yeah. Actually canonizing a crackhead/dope dealer like he is some kind of civil rights icon. As a black man, I am embarrassed by this buffoonery.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

this is a national disgrace. Amerikkka is rotting cesspool of disparate justice and corruption.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Freddy Grey died of spine injury, the result of "high-energy impact", which obviously occurred during or after he was taken down by police. Despite his past, this appears to be an injustice, or a tragic accident, at the hands of police officers.

Even if this happened while the police were handling him, the charges filed by the state were first degree murder which means they had to prove the officers intended to kill Grey.

There was no evidence to prove that intent, so the trials all failed and the last three cases were dropped likely because they were even weaker than the first ones.

This is prosecutorial overreach in my opinion, and if you want to claim injustice, you should be looking at Mosby who rushed out with murder charges to appease the mob rather than making serious charges that might have had a chance of sticking.

She doesn't act professional, and for a woman in her position, that's very dangerous. It makes things worse when she gets pouty and whines in outrage over the death of a black guy because we all know full well that if he'd been white, this wouldn't be a story.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

What a crock.

Assuming you think you can bring a better case than the racist prosecutor that tried her best to charge these cops, why don't you take her place and bring justice, eh?
edit on 28-7-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: LSU0408

Yeah. Actually canonizing a crackhead/dope dealer like he is some kind of civil rights icon. As a black man, I am embarrassed by this buffoonery.

I would be as well... Perhaps someone will deface it, it serves no purpose.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join