It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray case: Charges against three remaining officers dropped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Another shocking development in the Baltimore Freddie Gray case(s).

Now the Prosecution has dropped all charges against the police officers involved.

Some cases were already lost in court, and now there's total failure.

The famous States Attorney Marilyn Mosby appears to be furious, but this whole boondoggle is hers just the same.

Was this the plan all along ?

Was this just a show to satisfy the public lust ?

Freddie Gray case: Charges against three remaining officers dropped

Prosecutors dropped all remaining charges against three Baltimore police officers accused in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray in a downtown courtroom on Wednesday morning, concluding one of the most high-profile criminal cases in Baltimore history.

The startling move was an apparent acknowledgment of the unlikelihood of a conviction following the acquittals of three other officers on similar and more serious charges by Circuit Judge Barry G. Williams, who was expected to preside over the remaining trials as well.

It also means the office of Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby will secure no convictions in the case after more than a year of dogged fighting, against increasingly heavy odds, to hold someone criminally accountable in Gray's death.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All lives matter...even those of cops.

I hope justice was served, but I don't know enough about the case to be certain.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is looking more and more like she did it just to stop the riots.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I bet you there is a 95% chance there will be rioting as a result of this

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It is looking more and more like she did it just to stop the riots.

That's probably true...

It takes nothing away from the fact a man entered the van alive and died as a result of what happened therein.
Which is disgusting.

I think it's the type of charges filed that caused this to fail.

Sad day.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Will there be a riot because a black kid is dead without justice?
Or riot because 3 black cops got away with murder?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My theory is that Freddy Gray wound up accidentally killing himself. He had a history of hurting himself during arrests.

Tragic case, but there isn't a shred of evidence implicating or pointing to the officers abusing him or being involved in his death.

What I find even more depressing is that this loser, Freddy Gray is being canonized like he was some civil rights hero. The same bojangling BLM activist weren't out their protesting when Mr. Gray was selling drugs to his own people.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think there will be a riot because so many people seem to have such a problem with acting civilized in this day in age - it's all finger pointing and Jerry Springer-esque behavior lol

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Legally speaking, this was the right play, because there is no way that they were going to get a conviction of any of the others, especially considering that (I believe) that there is GPS evidence that shows that the vehicle was not driving in the way claimed by prosecutors.

I'm not 100% on that, but I recall reading that at some point.

I'm an ardent believer that this case definitely should have gone to a grand jury and, if necessary, to a trial, because ANY TIME someone dies while in police custody, I think that course of action should be mandatory. But, when those steps are taken and it is shown in half of the same cases that there is not enough evidence to convict, the remaining cases should be dropped, as they have been in this instance.

I think that all around, justice was served, although I highly doubt that many will see it that way, but what more do they want?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah you're right. People always blame others for their problems.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
My theory is that Freddy Gray wound up accidentally killing himself. He had a history of hurting himself during arrests.

Tragic case, but there isn't a shred of evidence implicating or pointing to the officers abusing him or being involved in his death.

What I find even more depressing is that this loser, Freddy Gray is being canonized like he was some civil rights hero. The same bojangling BLM activist weren't out their protesting when Mr. Gray was selling drugs to his own people.

The parents got a $6.4million settlement.......

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: Edumakated

The parents got a $6.4million settlement.......

They hit the ghetto lottery. I'm sure the Baltimore tax payers are happy about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

" The famous States Attorney Marilyn Mosby appears to be furious, but this whole boondoggle is hers just the same. "

Would she Still be So Outraged if Freddie Gray Happened to be White ? I Think Not , the Woman is a Full Blown Racists .
Next Case !

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Freddy Grey died of spine injury, the result of "high-energy impact", which obviously occurred during or after he was taken down by police. Despite his past, this appears to be an injustice, or a tragic accident, at the hands of police officers.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It appears to be a tragic (freak) accident, but not at the hands of the police...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

How did he have his spine broken?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Freddy Grey died of spine injury, the result of "high-energy impact", which obviously occurred during or after he was taken down by police. Despite his past, this appears to be an injustice, or a tragic accident, at the hands of police officers.

Even if this happened while the police were handling him, the charges filed by the state were first degree murder which means they had to prove the officers intended to kill Grey.

There was no evidence to prove that intent, so the trials all failed and the last three cases were dropped likely because they were even weaker than the first ones.

This is prosecutorial overreach in my opinion, and if you want to claim injustice, you should be looking at Mosby who rushed out with murder charges to appease the mob rather than making serious charges that might have had a chance of sticking.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Even the coroner thought Grey's death looked accidental.

Many legal experts, including this humble correspondent, had believed from the start that there simply existed no factual basis on which any of the officers could be found guilty of any criminal misconduct, absent some surprise reveal of incriminating evidence by the prosecution.

Instead, the reverse happened–all evidentiary surprises ended up proving exculpatory to the officers. These evidentiary surprises include the unexpected testimony by a lead police investigator that the medical examiner had initially believed Gray’s death to have been an accident, and the surprise affidavit issued by the Baltimore Sheriff’s Office that contrary to prosecution claims they had never conducted an investigation of Gray’s death.

As the dust now settles it is appears clearer than ever that the prosecutions of these six officers was little more than a vicious act of legal malfeasance perpetrated solely for the political advancement and aggrandizement of Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby. The officers targeted by Mosby have since brought a civil suit against the prosecutor, and it remains to be seen whether the courts will conclude that her conduct was sufficient egregious to warrant piercing of the immunity normally provided prosecutors against such suits.

Also, this isn't done yet. It appears the officers will be suing Mosby.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Even if this happened while the police were handling him, the charges filed by the state were first degree murder which means they had to prove the officers intended to kill Grey.

There was no evidence to prove that intent, so the trials all failed and the last three cases were dropped likely because they were even weaker than the first ones.

This is prosecutorial overreach in my opinion, and if you want to claim injustice, you should be looking at Mosby who rushed out with murder charges to appease the mob rather than making serious charges that might have had a chance of sticking.

I would agree to that. It is definitely not murder of the first-degree.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In that Case , Accidental Death could be Argued by the Defense . The Judge in this Case Had a Tough Personal Decision here and Made it . Case Closed . There could be an Appeal to a Higher Court , but I doubt it .
edit on 27-7-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join