It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Fans - Feast your eyes on the new --- USS Discovery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As most Trek fans will know, CBS has a new Star Trek series in the works. Recently, the name of the series along with a first look at the new starship has been revealed. The name of the series:

Star Trek: Discovery

And with the new name comes a new starship called:

U.S.S. Discovery --- NCC-1031

Looks nearly identical to a drawing for a ship in a previously-conceived movie in the late 1970's called Star Trek: Planet of the Titans which was in development for almost a year, but then abandoned:

While the Discovery has a hint of "Klingon" in its design, the earlier drawings from the 70's remind me of the Saab Grippen:

That is one sexy-looking ship. Can't wait to see the interior. For now, here's a video of the first look at the U.S.S. Discovery:

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

I'll cheers to that

Hope they don't butcher it

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Wow that looks awesome! Thank you for this thread!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
looks like a 10th grader designed it.

with all the great SciFi ships this one is the most retro looking. not futuristic at all, no flair, no interesting features, nothing that makes you wonder...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

WOW! yes! yes! yes! I have been waiting so long. That is an excellent looking ship.

Ty for posting!!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
not my original theory but the design looks infulenced by the d7 Klingon battle cruiser could it be some federation/klingon hybrid design?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Don't like the ship. looks terrible.

i do wonder if this series will take place before TOS just going by the registry number. Much lower number then Enterprise's.

also, read somewhere, that this design isn't written in stone. thank god. hopefully they'll change it.
was also said that they didn't have much time to come up with the video. why it doesn't really look that good.

really have a bad feeling about this new series.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It looks like the Enterprise swallowed a Klingon bird of prey.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'll be willing to bet that the show will be so politically correct that it won't last a whole season.

Hopefully, Captain Kirk will be an ensign on Discovery for maybe some redeeming value...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Some are suggesting that as the Klingon Empire and Federation become closer friends, they might be sharing technology/designs. Unfortunately, unless the treaty with the Romulans expires or can be circumvented, that technology sharing won't include cloaks for Federation starships.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
OMG! The hairs on my neck stood up for that!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
not my original theory but the design looks infulenced by the d7 Klingon battle cruiser could it be some federation/klingon hybrid design?

Could be. The Star trek convention I have most attended (it is defunct now), but travelled to far southern Ohio about 8 years in a row for it- It is called the Camp Dover Peace Conference, meaning 'peace between the Federation and the Klingons'. So it was a mix of people in Star trek uniforms and people in full Klingon garb and makeup.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ishum
they didn't have much time to come up with the video. why it doesn't really look that good.

The video is made up entirely of CGI as opposed to physical models used in the series.

edit on 26-7-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The problem there is the registry numbers, way too low for Starfleet and Klingons to be working together.

I swear I saw this in the design the Enterprise contest for ST:O that produced the Odyssey Class.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

yes. when i first saw it i thought "WTH? they're going with an animated series?"

i'm not really into an animated Star Trek or Star Wars for that matter. would't watch it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nice Ship! I can hardly wait!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
looks like a 10th grader designed it.

with all the great SciFi ships this one is the most retro looking. not futuristic at all, no flair, no interesting features, nothing that makes you wonder...

All the ships in Star Trek have been pretty clunky. It goes with the motif.

Voyager was the exception. That was a sleeker model.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

thought Romulus was like imploded or otherwise destroyed? and ya know section 31 probally had a few stashed some where + the prototype on the defiant

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OH OH!! what about the acronym?

you have TOS, TNG, DS9, VOG, ENT, then you have STD?
edit on 26-7-2016 by ishum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

memory-alpha.wikia.com... some info on how they assing the numbers, and i think the number is more in relation to the space shuttle discovery en.wikipedia.org... which had the registry number OV-103 or at least i remember reading this somewhere ill try to find it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join