It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm brand new to forums so I have no idea what to do from here. I could use some help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have been interested in controversial topics for a long time. I've been wanting to talk to other people about this type of stuff but many of them just take it as a joke or just don't want to talk about it. I thought joining a forum website would be a good way to learn more and to find people to debate with. Since I'm a newb, I have no idea about how to work this website or the kind of etiquette I'm supposed to follow. Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
edit on 26-7-2016 by missred because: I didnt put anything for the opening post so I'm doing that now

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: missred

Welcome!

Try this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to he site. I hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'd be happy to help you with anything you need.
Message me anytime you want.

Read this www.abovetopsecret.com... and enjoy the ride.

Welcome.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Here are some helpful tips on navigating around this place.

The top row has shortcuts to the most used items: ATS Home Page, Top, New, Recent, Forums, Archive, etc. Once there you will either see threads listed, or, links to more subjects.

If you choose the thread title, you end up on Page 1 of that thread. You can choose other pages by the little number(s) below the thread title (they're in green). If there is the Forum icon next to thread, you can click on that to jump to that particular Forum.

If you want to see the last reply in a thread, select the MemberName to the far right (just past the “reply” and “flag” icons) and that will jump you what that member posted.

If you are in a thread and see “reply to” and some text and wonder what the heck they are talking about, hit the “reply to” and you get to see the post being responded to pop up in a small window! That is one advantage of membership!

missred, enjoy wandering around! The ATS Freshman forum (linked above) is always a place I return to. Especially, A Guide to BBCode on ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You sound fine to me. Not like a noob attitude, so you know.

That will see you through most circumstances. The new threads page is a good start to see whats what. If you want to see how people do stuff in posts, click on "quote" in their post and look at how they embed, link and reply to others. Thats called BB (bracket bracket) code.

It takes a while to get used to navigating, go slow, listen and learn. The same arguments we see in the main stream are also here, just that here theres alternative opinions to that as well.

Have fun and remember, its just a ride...

edit on 26-7-2016 by intrptr because: Youtube

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Welcome to the asylum brother..or sister. If it's evidence of Ghostly visitations you seek, look elsewhere. The only thing out of this world in here at times is the bull#.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Welcome ;-)

Play the ball, not the player.
Don't believe everything you read.
Play nice with the other inmates, share your links and toys.
Don't feed the trolls or the shills if you can help it.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/26.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: missred
I have been interested in controversial topics for a long time. I've been wanting to talk to other people about this type of stuff but many of them just take it as a joke or just don't want to talk about it. I thought joining a forum website would be a good way to learn more and to find people to debate with. Since I'm a newb, I have no idea about how to work this website or the kind of etiquette I'm supposed to follow. Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well ,what i have learned is that,either your a sheeple for stars or your a leader, it all depends which pill you take.The red pill is to turn into a sheeple or the blue pill to be a leader,which do you choose.

Sheeples Referring to a single individual or group (plural- Sheeples)who believe everything they are told by a religion, a government, or the mass media to be truthful,factual and absolute. A Sheeple fails to question a persons or entities authenticity, authority and or motive.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
welcome to you missred

the lovely people here will doubtless ably assist you with any help you may require

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hi and Welcome on board to ATS.

We have tons of things to talk about. UFO, top secret aircraft, bigfoot, government conspiracies etc.

However before you begin.

I'd like for you to keep some things in mind.

Take things with a large grain of salt.

Not all conspiracies are true. So you need to take a good long look at things and triple check everything.

And try not to beat the dead horse.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

everything already said is sound...

but you made it a point to state:

I have been interested in controversial topics for a long time.
I've been wanting to talk to other people about this type of stuff
but many of them just take it as a joke or just don't want to talk about it. ...

Just being 'interested in edgy topics' is just the starting-point... you may find you have a passionate and an unbending conviction on some particular topic... that is the essence of self development.., tread lightly/cautiously as if the Panther in the shadows is truly stalking you as Prey, it's not just your imagination, paranoia or conspiracy-theory.... there really are villains all around you...energy vampires too... and add Jihadists to the new 'normal'

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Explore. I know the site is so large is can be intimidating when you're new. Click around, you're not going to break anything. Click on 'forums' above, and look at what's to offer. Explore the archives. Click on people's usernames, and check out their walls.
It there is a poster you admire, you can see what they're up to.

Stay fascinated!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Welcome, welcome! Ts and Cs, rules and how-tos, what to post and where you cant and why not...video and pic uploads etc....go to Freshman Forum, Board Forum and look around!

Also...ask any of us, anytime about any-thing. NIce to have another member!

Cya 'round...Mysterioustranger

top topics

join