It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes GMO Labeling Bill, Obama Set To Sign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

It isn't nill if we continue to use the shotgun method or hybridization processes that introduce hundreds or thousands of unidentified genes instead of isolating one or two genes and evaluating their properties before introducing them.

Genetic technology has improved vastly in the last couple of decades. They are even using it to attack viruses at the genetic scale. The same tech that can create disease resistant crops, drought resistance, heat and cold resistance, is the same technology used in AIDS research and new tech like CRISPR which has already been used to attack AIDS, is also being used to genetically modify foods without requiring the transfer of genes at all.

There are many crops that could be growing in the world right now that would solve a lot of problems but it is being held up by propaganda and misinformation.
edit on 26 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Wow we've had GMO labelling in the UK for years, I'm surprised you haven't in the US.
I don't buy the stuff myself as I have the choice being informed by the labelling...I thought we were the oppressed peasants...at least you got access to better firearms than us...lol if it wasn't so tragic.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am just plain woefully lacking on this topic.

New personal research project over the next couple weeks.

By the way, PM.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Eh... I'm okay with GMO, but if I have the option of not buying it, then I won't. Mostly for religious reasons and also because I just find the idea weird. I'm not fond with new technology as it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

What exactly is the religious aspect here?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join