It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC erects four-mile eight-foot tall fence around Philly convention site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So much for their platform and show of unity and inclusion. I guess they're doing for security purposes and to keep out the undesirables. Damn that Trump for wanting to do the same thing. But I guess since he wants a wall, it's not for the same purpose.

To the Democratic National Committee elites, keeping average Americans away from their convention is a good idea, while protecting the southern border from intruding terrorists, rapists and murderers is a bad one.

The DNC has erected a four-mile fence around its convention site at Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center. (Isn’t it ironic they’re doing so much to protect a site named after a bank?)

www.theamericanmirror.com...

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Posted last night

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

This was posted yesterday or the day before. And again a couple months ago. Both conventions were given a 50 million dollar grant each. State and local authorities, led by the DHS made the plans. The DNC isn't building anything. They just pay for the plans as given. There was similar security at the RNC.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Posted last night

Ok thanks, did a search and nothing came up. Mods, remove then.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh no it can't be. Every thing is bad about Hillary and good about trump. Don't rain on their parade. Their convention was a train wreck if Hills is not also it just won't be right. So her convention had to be a failure too.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That ring of steel will be guarded by heavily armed military 'police', snipers on rooftops and helicopters overhead.

Who are they so scared of, this is America...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ugh! I'm sorry my liberal friends... but this is exactly why the DNC has become the stinking pile of dung that it is. This run with the party line BS has got to stop. You Democrats should be goddamn outraged at what has become of your party. You're supposed to be more intellectually honest than GOP voters, more fair, more power of the people oriented. Why are you swallowing any of their tripe?

The GOP did it so it's okay? What?! Then why bother differentiating at all?

ETA: Most liberals I've known throughout my life... no different than ATS liberals, are good, kind, caring people who aren't afraid to go against the grain and call BS and injustice out. Why are you all now so willing to rollover?
edit on 7/25/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The fence is probably designed to keep (bored) convention attendees from leaving! Nobody wants to disrupt a losing, corrupt party's convention.

Just more evidence that the DNC sees itself as being more important than it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That ring of steel will be guarded by heavily armed military 'police', snipers on rooftops and helicopters overhead.

Not only that, there is a massive backup on I-95 in Philly this morning because they won't let certain size box trucks exit off the usual routes to the industrial park around the venue. So they are also afraid of the innocent hard working citizens who are trying to do their jobs. I guess the Dems are surprised by this. They should be sitting at home collecting handouts instead of trying to get to work.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Ugh! I'm sorry my liberal friends... but this is exactly why the DNC has become the stinking pile of dung that it is. This run with the party line BS has got to stop. You Democrats should be goddamn outraged at what has become of your party. You're supposed to be more intellectually honest than GOP voters, more fair, more power of the people oriented. Why are you swallowing any of their tripe?

ETA: Most liberals I've known throughout my life... no different than ATS liberals, are good, kind, caring people who aren't afraid to go against the grain and call BS and injustice out. Why are you all now so willing to rollover?

I am not fond that either were given 50 million dollars. But the plans are at the direction of DHS. Neither one of them planned the security.

see: not rolling over. lol.
edit on 25-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Not only that, there is a massive backup on I-95 in Philly this morning because they won't let certain size box trucks exit off the usual routes to the industrial park around the venue. So they are also afraid of the innocent hard working citizens who are trying to do their jobs. I guess the Dems are surprised by this. They should be sitting at home collecting handouts instead of trying to get to work.

Who is THEY ? The DNC did not order the traffic plans. The ridiculousness in continuing this narrative when it is not factual is incredible.

CNN

This explains the plans for both conventions and the money goes directly to each city.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The word from ALL news stations it was to keep disenfranchised Sander supporters out. An possibly , if they kick Schultz out , to keep Deb from coming back in. I vote the latter.
Now , that price tag is a little steep for one person, but the Dems consider it well worth the cost.
I just had to throw that in

edit on 7/25/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It's a missed opportunity to put DHS on blast... which Democrats should be doing but instead have like Republicans have, just accepted it as how America is now. It's expected of Republicans to circle the wagons, it's now expected for Democrats to do the same instead of refusing to yield to safety over liberty. Democrats not decrying the suspension of freedom to protest? WTF?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Not only that, there is a massive backup on I-95 in Philly this morning because they won't let certain size box trucks exit off the usual routes to the industrial park around the venue.

"Certain size", big enough to ram the barriers and get close to the convention hall, detonate explosive charges large enough to damage the structure and kill occupants inside.

Too bad we can't see all the security, roving dog teams, food testers, chemical and bio sniffer equipment. Somewhere nearby there are armies in case of revolt. And inside they will be chanting, "together stronger".

Must cost millions an hour to run it all.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's a missed opportunity to put DHS on blast... which Democrats should be doing but instead have like Republicans have, just accepted it as how America is now. It's expected of Republicans to circle the wagons, it's now expected for Democrats to do the same instead of refusing to yield to safety over liberty. Democrats not decrying the suspension of freedom to protest? WTF?

I wasn't getting into 'protest zones'. The OP was about the fences. Both conventions are security risks and high level targets.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Not only that, there is a massive backup on I-95 in Philly this morning because they won't let certain size box trucks exit off the usual routes to the industrial park around the venue.

"Certain size", big enough to ram the barriers and get close to the convention hall, detonate explosive charges large enough to damage the structure and kill occupants inside.

Too bad we can't see all the security, roving dog teams, food testers, chemical and bio sniffer equipment. Somewhere nearby there are armies in case of revolt. And inside they will be chanting, "together stronger".

Must cost millions an hour to run it all.

It was just under 50 million each, the money given to each city directly. The link I gave breaks down the things you mention.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Your post is a refreshing one.
What is sad is that the Bernie crowd that demonstrated in Philly yesterday and were locked out of the rules committee meeting the day before that will be ignored for the rest of the convention.
I am not a Bernie guy, but I think that it is wrong that he had to fight the DNC, in addition to all the other primary candidates... when the DNC was supposed to be neutral. Now that this has all seen daylight, even if he will not stand up and fight, his backers have shown that they will.
The wall that needs to come down is the one between the Bernie supporters and the DNC.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did you notice that both Ron Paul supporters in the last elections and Sanders in this one are being locked out of the elections ? Even Noam Chomsky is willing to support Hillary . ...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

This was posted yesterday or the day before. And again a couple months ago. Both conventions were given a 50 million dollar grant each. State and local authorities, led by the DHS made the plans. The DNC isn't building anything. They just pay for the plans as given. There was similar security at the RNC.

The Trump events are the ones that actually NEED it, due to the loonies that always show up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join