It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, This is completely off topic but i need some info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hey!

I'm in need of some info.
This has nothing to with ATS but I feel I have no where else to ask.

I am currently moving out of a property. Its a fixed 6 month contract and I have been here for 2 and a half years. The contract is ending but for reason I cannot stay here anymore and sign for the next 6 month tenancy agreement. This reason has happened out of nowhere and this means I am unable to give the agency/Landlord the 1 months notice.

I am due to tell them Monday, but I'm concerned of what happens next?
I owe no rent as it was all paid upfront for the 6 month contracts.
what do i do?

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey, it's your topic. No worries. The answer is: "It depends." Factors affecting include the local landlord/tenant laws and the contract you actually signed. You're not obligated to extend the contract, but if your contract says you 'must' give a month's notice, you MAY be liable for a month's rent. That would seem a contradiction given your contract is running out, though. How can you be forced to give a month's notice when your contract is ending? You could make the case that the contract is ending. it's prepaid. You choose not to sign a new one. Now you leave. End of story.

But there are the legalities, and then there is real life. Your landlord might just say, "Okay" and be done with it, particularly if you have a reason. You might be able to negotiate a compromise. If you happen to be in the service, there are provisions when orders force you to go. There are any number of ways this could work out, and without more details, there's little we can do practically to help you out. There very likely is not just one answer here.
edit on 7/23/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It will be no problem. I've been in that situation a couple of times. The sooner you tell your landlord, the sooner he/she/the property management agency will start advertising for a new tenant.
It will go really smooth if you arrange for the cleaning as soon as you leave. Then the next tenant can move straight in.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Say to your landlord that you would like to move etc, since you've already paid 6 months upfront your landlord can't say much other than look for a new tenant.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister

My mom has a few rental houses. She is cool. If you told my mom the issue and said i have to leave and I have always paid my rent my mom would say ok thank you for telling me. My mom would look for a new renter.

I am sure you will be ok! Just tell them.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
does your lease say that you have to give notice that you won`t be renewing the lease? just let the landlord know asap that you won`t be renewing the lease if he isn`t a prick there shouldn`t be a problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Right only a prick would do something bad. Greed!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Burn the sumbitch.
Buy an RV.
Move to Florida.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

lol or move here to Califorina with the rv.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If your contract says you must give a notice-then that supercedes the six month contract. Most contracts say you must give notice if you intend to move after the six months by giving at least a 30 day notice. Communication is always important-as well as honesty. Some will appreciate your situation and some people will go after you for money-totally dependent on the owner.

Best wishes.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodSister
Hey!

I'm in need of some info.
This has nothing to with ATS but I feel I have no where else to ask.

I am currently moving out of a property. Its a fixed 6 month contract and I have been here for 2 and a half years. The contract is ending but for reason I cannot stay here anymore and sign for the next 6 month tenancy agreement. This reason has happened out of nowhere and this means I am unable to give the agency/Landlord the 1 months notice.

I am due to tell them Monday, but I'm concerned of what happens next?
I owe no rent as it was all paid upfront for the 6 month contracts.
what do i do?

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks!

Do you have a rental agreement? if you do have one check if the agreement gives you tenancy for 6 months. If it does and they are trying to kick you out now, they are in breach of contract. If necessary, you should be able to go to court and obtain a 'stay' order or an injunction against the eviction.

From there you can either negotiate a mutually satisfactory arrangement or enforcement of the contract.

you should not need a lawyer at this stage, do research on the net for tenancy or rental forums, ask questions there , you are likely to get a lot of help there.

research your states tenancy laws and local courts and learn how they work.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister

Agree with others here. It depends on your 6 month signed agreement about giving notice, when and what happens if you don't. ie: loss of security deposit, one month more owed-whatever. I dont know.

Youre bound by your signed contract. Whatever is does...or doesnt say in it.

top topics

join