It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacky sack a game for all...sport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hacky sack thought of being for males exclusively...became a wonderful practice between friends of any gender.
You can practice basic balance moves on one foot or two alone or with a buddy..my good friends practice in a circle and the game is lots of fun...similar to soccer or volley ball, perhaps Brazilian style using leg kicks and no hands...
Basically, you don't use hands in Hacky sack... and have to be served first for the sport to begin... passing the crocheted or knitted soft ball like sack is fun and can be tossed over to someone close or further away.
If you don't kick the sack, once it has been passed to you and it goes past the circle... then the one that missed it... has to, ''go fetch it.'' and serve it back to the person that had passed it to you... then its a ''do-over'' start again until everyone gets at least one pass and has kicked it and made a successful pass...
Quite fun...really
World sport? or a game... or just learning to have fun and keep coordination and brain happy.
No loosing, yet ''floundering'' is when a move goes poor and someone ''hogs'' or ''bogies'' the Hacky sack to show off... longer than necessary to receive a compliment... so it is not total snowflake business, core learning and stuff like that..in'm sure the winner is the nicest and kindest that makes a trophy and gives it to a new friend made, playing this wonderful game...like passing out warm fuzzies or cold prickelies..another gesture between young folks

Thanks for reading my take on what a sport is here in US.
And member, this is played outdoors with snacks and water in the heat or in the shade...
The next step is what is called Sky Hacking...a bit more advanced and played only between two or three people.
Have a great Summer, all!πŸŽ‘πŸŽŒπŸŽ

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

When I was in school it was just for the potheads. Glad to see it has gone 'mainstream'.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus it has? My buddies were called a similar name... we gathered in what was referred to as s. Island...then they all grew up and conformed to the man..we were not a cool school as far as winning goes in football... ten years of a bunch of P.H....not caring about much other than what is fun anymore... and we don't gossip or talk crap behind each others back... it isn't mainstream..have you seen a Hacky in any stores as of lately..? I haven't... probably constructed in a sweet shop any who...

edit on 23-7-2016 by peppycat because: pace/space brween posrer name and start of return post

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I used to kick the hack around with some Bros back in my youth. It was definitely considered a stoner hippy game by the majority of my classmates. I thought it was a fun activity to partake in while hanging out and talking with friends.

I became quite skilled by my late teens. After lots of practice, I could get into "the zone" where I felt extremely balanced and coordinated. I called it "feeling the flow." I also occasionally experimented with my brain chemistry and found that it helped my hack game. I could get into these moments of what felt like super human coordination where I had tremendous control with both feet.

I actually felt like hackin it up was very beneficial in many ways. It was great for foot/eye coordination, balance and pretty decent exercise. Sadly, it's been nearly two decades since the height of my hacking powers and on the rare chance I kick the sack around nowadays, I haven't "felt the flow."

What a cool Lil thread. Thanks for triggering some cool memories of the good ol days. I might have to get another hack one of these days. Hack it up!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It was always a stoner hippy game back in my youth, and it's still the go to stoner hippy game for us now.

We would form our circle and play while passing a J around.
Ahh the good old days.

I learned to make the sacks back in high school and I made quite a few bucks doing it.

I still have 3 that I made over 15 years ago. All are that perfect broken in that they get after a billion kicks, stalls, and pegs.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Metallicus it has? My buddies were called a similar name... we gathered in what was referred to as s. Island...then they all grew up and conformed to the man..we were not a cool school as far as winning goes in football... ten years of a bunch of P.H....not caring about much other than what is fun anymore... and we don't gossip or talk crap behind each others back... it isn't mainstream..have you seen a Hacky in any stores as of lately..? I haven't... probably constructed in a sweet shop any who...

I think you meant to write sweat shop but it made me laugh out loud...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific i swear, its my tablet...not me getting dizzy on candy and fasting... auto correct.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli that's neat you made your own... you should start a business! My town needs a few.😊

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite it is really good excessive for coordination..I might giver it try, again after twenty years.😊

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OH MY GOD HACKY SACK.

I can stall the hack and do a pendulum, lol. Back in the day it's how my gal friends met and impressed boys...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise its fun to play whether boys are involved or not... now that we are older... males, females any gender included.
Not sure how impressed males would be if I bust out playing miniature golf... another fun game for family and friends... my brothers probably would just ignore me and my friends and dear old pop would just be drinking making bad jokes... thinking that somehow he wins the ladies over with his humor about things better left unspoken.
I'm thinking of buying a hack and just practicing alone sort of like tie chi or aikido for balance and well being.
Take care, Amiga... hope to read a post in the futureπŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: nonspecific i swear, its my tablet...not me getting dizzy on candy and fasting... auto correct.

I hope you continue to make those kinds of mistakes

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific gibberish...I'm glad you understand...I'm quoting alcohol and clearing my liver with dandelion extract, water and vegetables... some protein... just until there is reason to celebrate and have fun...merry make and talk about food and reading material, movies, news...outdoors activities, like badminton..things that are fun for folks.
Hope you have a great several days in the future... and everything is swell and nice...peaceful, pleasant and kind... you're nice and should be loving life and being happy, looking forward to the wonderful outdoors with plants to tend to and animals everywhere you go!πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡πŸ˜Ž

take care, be well, amigo!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I used to be able to make a basic one in about an hour. That was years ago though, and I haven't crocheted in a few years, maybe I will get back into it. I'll make some that look like pokeballs and get rich.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli poor, Pokemon... cash in while you can.... its everywhere now...pokemon abuse.

top topics

join