It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is You-Know-Who a Psychopath? - Here's the Actual Criteria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Yep, the same crap that was laid on Reagan. Same old, same old.

I'm curious? How do your rate yourself??

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Trump is a psychopath.

Hillary is narcissistic, and may, possibly be a sociopath; although I think that the latter is a stretch.

Really, I can't support either one of them, but Trump will become a dictator in the most classical and notorious sense of the word. There is not one iota of doubt in my mind of that. Many, many people who know him as well as qualified professionals in mental health, sociologists, political scientists and even history experts are warning you and not one of you idiots will remember that you were indeed warned when things get bad. And they will get very bad. Any moron that votes for that lunatic deserves what he'll dish out, and they won't like it. Not. One. Bit.

If you want a leader that will bring about WWIII (no doubt on some frivolous point of personal ego) Trump is your guy.

If you want a leader that will indeed implement those FEMA camps (or equivalent of some sort), then Trump is your best bet.

If you want a leader that will pad his ego and his pocket at the expense of ordinary citizens, Trump is perfect.

If you want a leader that will manifest an escalating contempt and disregard for human life, well guess what, Hillary has nothin' on Donald T.

I honestly believe this man is capable of death-camp level atrocity. I also believe that he is going to be our next President. We are lost and most of you are too stupid or too caught up in paroxysms of Group Think to know what you are doing.

Hillary makes me very nervous. Trump scares the ever-loving crap out of me.

There. I said it. Although most of you have your heads entirely too far up your collective rectums to hear.

If Hillary only makes you nervous, you have a severe lack of understanding of what she is capable of and has proven and said she is going to do when she gains power.

You actually have no legitimate reason for your above statements concerning Trump which is why you didn't explain your irrational fear.

Your opinion might be that Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing, but we have seen Hillary in her wolf form many times and you should be afraid. Of course she doesn't hide it because she knows she'll have the obedient support no matter what she does or says.

I guess you don't care about looking into her beliefs and views which makes sense. What she says today sounds pleasant to you regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

Trump is just politically incorrect, kind of an asshole in some ways, but consistent and holds convictions that put him leagues ahead of Hillary's constant flip flopping on every single issue. Racist, anti-gay warmonger one day... Liberal God figure today, who knows what she'll be tomorrow?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Clearly the nutjob in this picture is Hillary.

Trump is arrogant and bold sure, that is without say, but he'd get the job done properly on time.

If 'but she won't' she got in as Potus, she'd be a nightmare. In part because she's a Woman. People like her push harder to prove themselves simply because, She wants to prove herself a man, and in doing so will jeopardize Normalacy everywhere (What's left of it still).

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

i also thought from the title that this was going to be about hilary.

but then it turned out to be a article written by Keith Olbermann, who couldn't be more left leaning and pass a sanity test in his own right.

he's never met a republican that he didn't think was crazy.all you ever had to do to know that was watch msnbc before they sh@@canned him to know that.

edit on 22-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You're ALL (mostly) missing the point. Neither mainstream candidate being foisted upon us is in any way appropriate for high office. None of Hillary's obvious negative character traits excuses those, also obvious, negative traits of Trump.

A vote for Trump is a vote for a new kind of evil, but we've seen this guy before. He used to be called Mussolini, Nero and Caligula. They all got the masses to cheer for them, too.

For godsakes, pull up videos of JFK giving a speech. You may need reminders of what 'Presidential' looks and sounds like, and it's not 'oh yeah, he's an asshole, but he's better than the other one...'

"Yep, the same crap that was laid on Reagan. Same old, same old. I'm curious? How do your rate yourself??" - nwtrucker

Very few people called Reagan a psychopath, but many disagreed with his policy stances. I believe that the ex-head of the CIA, GHWB, was running things for most of Reagan's terms, but that's another issue, far from who we're thinking of electing now.

Your other question is a true red herring. I'm not running for President, but I've seen plenty in my day. These two candidates are terrifying, more so than anything that has come before.

Don't you Trump supporters ever stop just for a second and wonder WHY so many people are screaming about him? Are you that sure you're right and the majority that refuse to trust either one of them is wrong? Are you THAT willing to hand the country over to someone who obviously cannot comprehend the Constitution, and thinks nothing of ordering war crimes in a rally speech? Have none of you ever studied history?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I got half way through his list and had to stop. Is contrived bull#. And he is no psych professional.

I do know something about abnormal psych and it is my opinion that hillary fits the description better than Trump does. Trump is big on himself, but that doesn't make you a psychopath. hillary is big on herself too. She thinks she is above the law so fervently other people believe it too. That is one high grade delusion.

The question is not does Trump lie. Everyone does, doubly for politicians. The question should be how often to these candidates tell the truth? That is the real tell-tale data.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I got half way through his list and had to stop. Is contrived bull#. And he is no psych professional.

I do know something about abnormal psych and it is my opinion that hillary fits the description better than Trump does. Trump is big on himself, but that doesn't make you a psychopath. hillary is big on herself too. She thinks she is above the law so fervently other people believe it too. That is one high grade delusion.

The question is not does Trump lie. Everyone does, doubly for politicians. The question should be how often to these candidates tell the truth? That is the real tell-tale data.

I didn't read the article, so I don't what criteria was listed. It doesn't matter. I know something about abnormal psychology too. You are absolutely wrong as far as which one of the two fits the criteria better. Dead wrong even.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is a grave situation caused by the horrid pack of utterly corrupt psychopaths flocking to D.C. since ...well, always, but especially these last 20 years... and HRC's rancid political machine and her anti-charisma.

Many people can see the damaged man for what he is, but think they're throwing a middle finger to the other evil nuts by electing this sorry s.o.b.

It doesn't help that Olbermann (and the others warning us about Trump) uses too many big words and wears glasses, and so will also be ignored and mocked by the angry mob who, legitimately, have lost faith in D.C., pundits and assorted liberal or conservative intellectuals long, long ago...

I don't have any love for Hilary Clinton and know her flaws, and agree that the entrenched leadership of both parties must go, but when faced with a decision to elect an obvious psychopathic, elitist bully without the slightest clue or a quieter borderline psychopath who is at least smart enough to know how to govern and act with decorum, the choice is clear.

Unfortunately, I fear the smarter folks are going to be ignored, again, and so have resigned myself to this lunatic getting his hands on his dictatorship.

Banana republic, thy name is U.S.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This PhD in Clinical Psych agrees with you.

Trump is a blow hard.

And he can certainly be full of himself.

The gritchy pants suit is at least 1-3 standard deviations WORSE on any such measure one would apply to Trump.

And her CHOSEN, visceral, bone marrow, raw evil values, habits, compulsions, ruthlessness, compulsive-pathological lying virtually chronically to an extreme . . . etc. etc. etc.

puts her into a league by herself--worse even, than the current Destroyer-in-Chief in the WH.

I don't know what the oligarchy has up its sleeve with Trump. Very curious.

But from everything detectable . . . he's ENORMOUSLY BETTER in good directions than the screeching cackling one.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

He didn't claim to be a 'psych professional; he was using this:

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist.” Introduced by Canadian criminal psychologist Robert D. Hare in 1980, it is still in use, though with ever more diffuse and specific mental-health diagnoses, it is not without its critics. However, as a practicing therapist who walked me through it agreed, it serves as a kind of triage device to separate the injured from the tripping from the psychopathic.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thank you. I appreciate it very much. I was going to go in to more detail but knowing the majority of people reading it are not psych professionals it would be somewhat meaningless.

I stand by my opinion. Trump may have some observable tendencies, but hillary is exemplar and could be a text book study.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Outrageously extreme political bias is a poor shoehorn with which to apply any such criteria.

However, with the screeching pants suit--we have such an abundance of horrific BEHAVIORS and PUBLIC ACTIONS, STATEMENTS over 30+ years with which to assess her fiercely spewed evils . . .

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yup.

My only hesitation in wholesale applying either psychopath or sociopath to the screeching pants suit is her emotionality is so extreme.

On the other side, she can be plenty emotionless, CERTAINLY COLD AND CALCULATING.

What do you think of that issue and such criteria?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

He didn't claim to be a 'psych professional; he was using this:

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist.” Introduced by Canadian criminal psychologist Robert D. Hare in 1980, it is still in use, though with ever more diffuse and specific mental-health diagnoses, it is not without its critics. However, as a practicing therapist who walked me through it agreed, it serves as a kind of triage device to separate the injured from the tripping from the psychopathic.

Yes, I saw that part. But he does not indicate whether it was he or the practicing therapist who made the determination of severity. Seeing the numbers I feel fairly confident it was him, not the therapist.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I can't bring myself to vote for Johnson. Too many of his stances are contradictory or at odds with one another. Take the legalizing drugs but also being in favor of a private prison system. Those two things can not live side by side without one taking out the other.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
These "Is candidate _______ a psychopath?" articles come around every four years. Not sure Vanity Fair is a great source for straight-down-the-middle political analysis.
edit on 22-7-2016 by bbarkow because: edit

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

The heights of her emotional swings are cause for concern. It appears that she has no control, at least initially, and her anger issues are a genuine concern. The flip side of that, being so cold and emotionless, on its own is not a huge concern. But combined with the former, is truly frightening. She can suffer a huge emotional spike, then switch off and be as cold and calculating as she needs to be, with no concern whatsoever.

When you combine lacking emotional control, with the ability to switch off and become a ruthless cold and calculating machine, with no emotion, and an obvious narcissistic personality, you have the makings of a genuine psychopath.

Someone who can suffer huge swings of emotion to no emotion at all, be cold and calculating in her methods, and feel she is above the law, above reproach, and has not only the right but the duty to exert her will on others. Just plain dangerous.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I can dig it!! Gary Johnson and NEITHER of the Big 2. In Your opinion BOTh Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton don't rate the job of POTUS.

Time for a Johnson in The White House and not for someone who acts like a "Johnson" or who is married to a guy who has a problem w/His 'Johnson'...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I think you are absolutely correct.

The cold calculating with the intense visceral, arrogant, supremely narcissistic, haughty, smug, elitist, ruthlessness . . . an extremely frightful and destructive combo in keeping with psychopathy dynamics.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Don't you Trump supporters ever stop just for a second and wonder WHY so many people are screaming about him? Are you that sure you're right and the majority that refuse to trust either one of them is wrong? Are you THAT willing to hand the country over to someone who obviously cannot comprehend the Constitution, and thinks nothing of ordering war crimes in a rally speech? Have none of you ever studied history?

Let's also add that he's said if he's elected president, he'll leave the foreign and domestic policy to his vice president (poor old Whassisname Pence.) The one tiny bright spark in this scenario is that he'll have to get things through Congress - and many of his ideas are against the Constitution. He'll be fighting both parties and the justice system all the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join