It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A private college in Ohio is offering a safe space area for students and faculty who may be suffering from some kind of negative psychological effects from the RNC convention this week !!!

This safe space is in a basement somewhere.

And, it seems many classes are suspended for the week !!!

Looks like a very serious problem exists.

I wonder if there are doctors on call?

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

Case Western Reserve University is providing a “safe space” for students who are upset about this week’s Republican National Convention.

The fancypants private school in Cleveland — where tuition, fees and room and board cost $60,304 per year — is located just over 4 miles from Quicken Loans Arena, where the GOP convention is occurring.

A July 11 statement in The Daily, Case Western’s internal e-newsletter, informs students — and professors, and administrators — that the private school’s Social Justice Institute “will host a ‘safe space'” in the basement of concrete-laden Crawford Hall for the duration of the convention, which runs from July 18 to July 21.

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope future employers are making note of these colleges. Who in the hell in their right mind would hire someone with that weak of a mind is beyond me.

Wow, just WOW!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Godammit.

We're doomed.

I'm definitely a misanthrope more and more as time goes on.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I hope future employers are making note of these colleges. Who in the hell in their right mind would hire someone with that weak of a mind is beyond me.

Wow, just WOW!

when you privatize education, this is what happens...couple this college with the religious colleges and you get dumbed down students

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"This safe space is in a basement somewhere."

**Opens door to incinerator.**

"Right this way please, your safe space awaits."

All joking aside, I'm really starting to become concerned about how fragile our society has become. It really has no benefit, and in many cases all it does is actually hurt the people that are supposed to be helped from it.
edit on 20-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I wonder what these people would do "if" a civil war ever did break out..

edit on 20-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

How precious. These students belong in daycare and pre-school, and even there they would be immature relative to the rest of the attendees.

This is Pathetic with a capital P

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Oh man, this is a brilliant idea!
I can open a "Safe Space" in my basement.

"Right this way, just ignore the shackles and chains, would you like some lotion?"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am not sure what is worse, the "safe space" or that a "Social Justice Institute" exists and people pay to go there....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Wow, just WOW!

I bet the collage hires a lot of it's own graduates.

The whole situation is just sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I heard one of the "therapies" offered is to organize a "server hunt".

First one to find it and shut it off gets a blue ribbon.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So every student at that college needs to be punished?

Sounds pretty dumb, my bet is that it was a small amount of people who went to this 'safe space'.
edit on thWed, 20 Jul 2016 15:02:33 -0500America/Chicago720163380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Now you've done it.

Posting a story like this is a micro-aggression.

Racist!

(runs and hides under a bean bag chair)

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So every student if that college needs to be punished?

Sounds pretty dumb, my bet is that it was a small amount of people who went to this 'safe space'.

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Both, I think.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What a complete waste of time and space these people are.

Hopefully they'll grow up and become mature, functioning adults one day.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In the 40s 18 to 20 year olds were storming the beaches of Normandy, now days they get offended by ideas and need safe spaces.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Curl into a ball in a corner and cry most probably...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

Yup, read the article and there are no statements suggesting that it really has anything to do with the Republican convention other than the date.

The "safe space" being offered is in light of the recent spats between BLM extremists and the police.

one reason that Case Western is almost completely closing down this week is because the fancypants private school is allowing hundreds of extra police officers to live in its dorms.

Yep, just "one reason", the other one obviously being that liberals are whiny and entitled and super scared of the republican convention. Don't question that ridiculous narrative at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Doesn't explain away the existence of a "Social Justice Institute".

Such a thing is illegal, there is only one justice system enabled by the Constitution for the nation and any other is vigilantism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join