It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Blacks Have For Social Justice Warriors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I have posted a few different threads recently discussing race relations in the USA lately. As expected, the usual suspects came out crying "racism" and calling myself and others all kinds of disrespectful names. I have been seeing these phrases being thrown around all willy nilly a lot recently: "covert racist" "KKK sympathizer" "undercover racist" "neo-nazi" etc. The list goes on. It is highly disrespectful to dismiss someone as a racist just because they disagree with your point of view. It is also highly disrespectful to call someone a racist without actual evidence of racism. It really does bother me that it is so easy and acceptable to dismiss someone as a racist these days.

Anyways, some friends and Youtube creators put together a really good video covering some of the racial and political issues that are ongoing in America currently. They make some very valid points, many of which I agree with fully.

The general expectation of blacks in this country, is to hold leftist views, and to vote Democrat. When people DO NOT fall in line with the tribal mentality, they are called all kinds of nasty names, very similar to when the SJW's call white people racist. I will not repeat the slurs, but you all know exactly what they are. Check out the video. It is nice to see people thinking for themselves.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You write very clearly, you are elegant with your use of words, your arguments are well based in fact, and you precent every thing with out hate or malice. That makes you dangerous becouse you make sence. So you must be a bastard racist.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Thank you very much!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ooh another relevant thread mentioning black people [good or bad], will this thread survive more than three comments? Because these really needed discussions seem to be taboo here on ATS lately. S&F.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ha! I love it.. I've often said that modern liberals project their own subconscious racism on their political opponents.

About a hundred years ago white people talked about "the white man's burden", since then we've gone 360 degrees from that ending up at pretty much the same place, albeit in an inverted fashion. The perspective of modern liberals is shockingly similar.. Their condescension is tangible, they act like black people and minorities are children that needs to be taken care of, they self-righteously act like doting parents that knows what's best for them. The white saviours in all their virtuous splendour that needs to save them from their own wretchedness. Hmpf..

The "beautiful soul" is a stage in the dialectic of self-consciousness which Hegel describes in the Phenomenology of Spirit. The beautiful soul projects its own disorder onto the world and attempts to cure this disorder by imposing "the law of the heart" on everyone else.

For Lacan, the beautiful soul is a perfect metaphor for the ego:

"The ego of modern man ... has taken on its form in the dialectical impasse of the belle âme who does not recognise his very own raison d'être in the disorder that he denounces in the world.

Typical white liberals..

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
the whole BLM and SJW movement is a mass example of the clinical term "projection"

When a person has uncomfortable thoughts or feelings, they may project these onto other people, assigning the thoughts or feelings that they need to repress to a convenient alternative target. .

Seriously thats the only logical explanation......
edit on 7/17/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You may not see it but these are the people you should be embracing , the whole denigration of "why cant we all get along" is sad because the majority of us could with ease, it is the few that have the casting vote that do not and we end up right here where we are fighting among ourselves for no good reason....

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Buuuuuut.........*whine*.......... I don't want to embrace stupidity!

I want to embrace naked women with big boobs.. and I don't really care about where we're heading these days, it's too late to care now, we're entering the end game now..

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah. That and the fact that sometimes certain people actually are just racist A-holes.

But keep telling yourself that it's all just projection from the subconscious of Liberals if that helps you get by. You wouldn't be the only one.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I don't even think people in America really know or understand what racism actually is.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah. That and the fact that sometimes certain people actually are just racist A-holes.

But keep telling yourself that it's all just projection from the subconscious of Liberals if that helps you get by. You wouldn't be the only one.

Yeah some people are. But not ANYHING close to the amount of people that sjw's and the BLM claim

Like I said seems like a lot of projection to me because large swaths of Both groups seem to be displaying some highly racist and bigoted behaviors

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I don't even think people in America really know or understand what racism actually is.

Agreed

My great great grandfather was on the trail of tears (not that long ago)

the same generation we given blankets riddled w small pox and other diseases

So I really don't have much patience to listen to the feeble minded and easily offended crying about their sensibilities being upset, and needing safe spaces

Not saying racism doesn't exist. But the bs the SJW are crying about is nothing more than wanting to be bubble wrapped from having their feelings hurt ...

It's to silence opposition, not to promote equality or further unification
edit on 7/17/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
As far as I can see , it's trigger-happy cops is the worst problem . I mean wtf did the chinese cop (cant remember the names sorry)why the hell did he need his gun out for a tail-light problem w someone, anyones car ??

If , and you do , obviously , in America , you have a seriously over-authoritarian police state , then ...

take the advice of gta's LSpd - obey and survive :: check ya damned tail lights before driving - thats the RED ones .

And , expect lunatics to be in charge of you , because they are .

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There's racism, and then there's bigotry. They aren't the same thing.

Racism is more subtle than bigotry. Racism is about power wielded by the majority over a minority through avenues such as economics.

"Whites only" or "separate but equal" are examples of racism, enacted by the more powerful (politically, economically) majority over a minority.

Racism is about one race over another race, the economically powerful majority race vs. the minority race. It's systemic, insidious, and harder to see and point at.

Bigotry is when someone unfairly or strongly dislikes others, certain ideas, behaviors, ect, ect.

I like to think of bigotry as the most extreme in a spectrum.

bias --> prejudice --> discrimination --> bigotry

Your biases can lead to being prejudiced (favoring something over another). Those prejudices can cause one to behave in discriminatory ways, which can lead to bigotry which is more than just acting, but also speaking upon one's strong dislike for certain groups/people/ideas.

For example, if you'd be upset your daughter married a black man -- that's a prejudice. If you tried to prevent your daughter from dating black men, you'd be acting in a discriminatory fashion. If you made your thoughts/feelings abundantly clear by speaking out and making disparaging comments about black people to your daughter -- you'd be displaying your bigotry.

Racism has its roots in economic power and advantage, bigotry is independent of economics ... people don't seem to understand this.
edit on 17-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You like to fight, you need there to be a problem, and if there isn't that makes you scared so you lash out....

edit on 17-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I guess people's experiences differ from one part of the country to another. You pointed out that you've posted many threads of late discussing race relations. I don't understand, I've never understood the interest in discussing race relations. We constantly see this oft repeated call for a "national discussion" about race relations and the dire need for there to be a frank national discussion on the topic. And when I see this, (usually on CNN), I wonder, "why"? What's to discuss?

So now I'm thinking.......why is it that I and so many of my friends and acquaintances wonder the same thing, i.e., "why the call or need for a discussion about race relations?" And suddenly, the idea came to me this morning over a cup of coffee.

The reason we don't see any need for a discussion of "race relations" is because we don't have "race relations". At least in the state I live in, its largely the case that whites like me don't have "race relations", we have interracial "interactions", but not "relations". We interact with people of different races at work, at the local restaurant, at the grocery store, but then we all go home to our respective neighborhoods.

Based upon what I've seen with my younger co-workers..................this isn't going to change anytime soon. So maybe these discussions are simply premature. You aren't going to see the vast majority of whites in my state overtly acting out against people of other races........that would be impolite and "racist". Rather what you see for the great part is that they are avoiding..........relations, sometimes out of fear, but largely I think because such "relations" seem irrelevant to their lives. As long as that's the case........"discussions" about race relations are also viewed as irrelevant to their lives.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

When conservative politicians talk about laws concerning LGBTQ communities, the leftists will usually say that the conservative politicians are closet gays.

And they are probably right.

When the leftists start in on racism and bigotry, I think that it still holds true and that they are closeted racists and bigots.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

almost every ism is misunderstood by the average american

its embarrassing

the funniest one was the leftist fascism, lol

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
When people DO NOT fall in line with the tribal mentality, they are called all kinds of nasty names, very similar to when the SJW's call white people racist.

And sometimes, when people do not fall in line with the mentality of the other "tribe" they're called nasty names like "SJWs."

You even worked in the old racist saw of the non-civilized nature of the Black "tribe" at large.

How many more of these "my racist attitudes are okay because I found Black people who share them" threads are we going to see?
edit on 17-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted (not reading responses)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join